Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Actually, it is not Jay. That is an incorrect age.... Therefore my age IS NOT showing on the bottom of the column. :)

I see...(bad pun)

#62 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

In post #32 Tangle said this
“Oh, and as I confessed, earlier, I'm not 21, I'm considerably older. (i thought it an impertinent question so it got an impertinat (sic) response.”

In response to this (post #39) Upsalla Dragby asks
“What exactly was so impertinent about the question that you felt justified to lie?”

And in the next post (post #40) Gilbo asks
“Yeah a bit hard to do when you claim to be 21..... Why lie on your profile?

These prompted me to post this (post # 44 )
“I am aware that this is off the topic of the thread, but I certainly consider asking someone their age is impertinent. If one wishes to participate in the forum one is then faced with the option of responding to an impertinent question and revealing private information, or lying. Tangle seemed to feel that ethically impertinent questions do not deserve an accurate reply. I think I would agree with him. (For the record I wouldn't have a problem being asked what (very) broad age range I fell in. )”

Ron, you then posted this:
“I hate to be a buzz-kill, but NO ONE asked Tangle for his age, you may want to read a little before making any false accusations, or commenting based upon a misunderstandings on your part.”

Before I officially cut you loose Ophiolite, I’m going to expose you for the troll you are. I unveiled Tangles misunderstanding in post #27 after he made the mistake in post #25! He continued his ruse in post # 28. I gave him more rope in post # 30. He further ran from his mistake by pulling the red herring of Dawkins publishing date instead of addressing his mistake (this is known as a rabbit trail) in post # 34. I attempted to pull him back on topic in post # 36, and he totally ignored it in post # 38, but continued to prevaricate about other tight corners I painted him into.

After this, he was gone…

There is no misunderstanding Ron. As I make clear in my post #44 we are required to specify our age when signing up to the forum. So Tangle was asked for his age and I was making no false accusation.

Actually, YES you are under a total misunderstanding OR you are purposefully misrepresenting that thread. And you started it in your post # 44, instead of going back and reading the entire conversation. And by doing so, you entered the conversation midway, totally ignorant of the actual facts. Therefore ALL of your accusations are false. Its called “CONTEXT” my friend, something you have failed to adhere to (other than the forum rules) since you’ve been here.

At no time was I addressing whatever the issue was about New Age Atheist, or whatever the term was.

And that is exactly where you first erred, as I explained to you in post #47, and reiterated in post # 48; which you totally ignored in post # 52 and post # 59. At NO TIME did you actually go back and read the conversation from its beginning. All you have done is cherry picked what you wanted, in order to troll and cause spectacle.

As should be very clear from my post (44) my concern was over the issue of being asked ones age. I have misrepresented nothing and misunderstood nothing relative to the point of the issue of being asked ones age.

And, if you had actually READ the conversation from its beginning, you would have realized that Tangle himself gave up his age LONG before he was asked. Therefore his claim of impertinence was nothing more than a feign, to cover for his misstate for “New Atheist”.

It might have been more appropriate for me to raise this in the sub-forum about forum management. And I indicated that uncertainty by opening post #44 with the comment that my observations were off topic for the thread. None of you told me to do so.
While I can understand that, focused as you were on the issue of Tangle's other behavior, you might think my observations revolved around the same centre. They didn’t and they don’t

No, it wouldn’t be appropriate at all, as (like Tangle) your tactics are the reason you are gone now. Further, I have posted (in a separate thread) all of your previous fallacious accusations (and links to this one) for other moderators and admin to see. You see, we are all very aware of your usual tactics, and your postings here will be nothing more than more examples of how trolls act. We use these examples to recognize, detect and reject internets trolls from this foprum.

I shall address the points raised by some of you about equivocation in another post.

No need, as others and I have already refuted your historical attempts at equivocations numerous times in this forum. And, by the time you attempt to do so, you will have already been removed from this forum.

#63 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Actually, it is not Jay. That is an incorrect age.... Therefore my age IS NOT showing on the bottom of the column.

I see...(bad pun)

Actually, no "bad pun" at all... I removed my birthdate from this site a number of years ago, and the age remained static all this time. I can choose to remove that from the site as well, but have been too busy to do so.

Tangle, on the other hand, either mistakenly made his age 21 when he first signed up here, or purposefully lied about his age (making it less than half of his later "clamed age") after he provided that he was "older than Richard Dawkins" after being corrected on his misunderstanding of the term "New Atheists". Instead of accepting the fact that he made a mistake, he went into a "Cover his Six" mode, to save face. And this feigned defense of his action is what Ophiolite attempted to use to cause a spectacle (a type of trolling) at this forum (this is a tactic Ophiolite has a history of doing here). And when I corrected Ophiolite, he attempted to save face by further equivocating, causing spectacle, and arguing moderating here.

And these are the reasons BOTH are now gone.

#64 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

So basically, rather than use this board as a discussion of relevant topics, he showed up here to nit-pick about board moderation and try to "win" a non-issue.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

#65 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

So basically, rather than use this board as a discussion of relevant topics, he showed up here to nit-pick about board moderation and try to "win" a non-issue.

https://en.wikipedia..._%28Internet%29

That is one of his tactics.... Yes
But it wasn't so much to win anything. It was more about causing chaos for the most part.

#66 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

But they have been found. The best lineage we have is the evolution from Ardipithicus Ramedus to the australapithicines arriving here, at Homo Sapiens.

Posted Image

Another good example of an transitional fossil is the tiktaalik.

http://www.cell-o.or.../ahlberg06a.pdf

Which is a transitional species between water dweller and land animal mostly resembling a lizard (crocodile)

Posted Image

Posted Image

We do have THOUSANDS of transitional fossils, these, I think, are just a couple of nice examples.

Hope this helps

"These look familiar"...*a few searches later*.."ah yes"...

Please see these two threads for those two points brought up:

Human ape "evidence":

http://www.evolution...l=&fromsearch=1

Tiktaalik:

http://www.evolution...ik&fromsearch=1
and
http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4887&view=findpost&p=79397

Hope this helps clear that confusion up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users