The problems to address are listed here: http://faithskeptic....om/creation.htm
Problem # one as listed:
Genesis 1:1-5 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Now the first question I ask here is "What is that light source?" for God has not created the sun yet, he does that later. God also separates light and dark, giving us day and night. This means a "God day" back then, was about the same length as it is now, and not a million years as some creationist say. Again, God has made the earth before he made the sun. Is the earth just hanging in space? Wouldn't it make more sense to make the sun first, and then put the earth in orbit around it? That would be like putting tires on a car, before putting on the axles.
I've also wondered why the author would say that the "earth was without form". Was he implying that the earth has no shape; that it's flat? At any rate, no matter what the author thought the shape of the earth was, it would have still have form.
Answer to the question about the light is found in the book of Revelation.
Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
1) Verse 23 shows the same conditions as in the creation (no sun no moon). The light was the Glory of God and the substance of the light is the Lamb (Jesus). Basically it shows here that Christ is literally the light of the world.
2) Verse 24 shows that this light can sustain life because the saved shall walk in it.
3) And verse 25 shows why the light has to be separated to create night. the light from God casts on shadows therefore does not have darkness. So darkness has to be created until normal physical light comes on the scene through the creation of the sun.
Earth without form. During the creation there were 3 ways that God created.
1) Spoken word creation. where something was created from nothing.
2) Bring forth creation, where God commands what is already created to bring forth life.
3) Formed creation. Where God becomes physically involved.
Man was the only creation formed by the hands of God. So when it's said that the earth was without form and was void. It is saying that the earth was without man (formed creation) and therefore was empty (void). This was showing that the main reason for creation was man. And until man was created the creation was considered empty.
Problems With Creation Day 1, A Branch Off From Another Thread.
1 reply to this topic
Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:16 PM
Yes Jesus the Father and the Holy Spirit don't need the sun for light. In Revelation is days that God is the light. Appart from the many suns that were created! The part on the earth being void, is a mystery. I guess there was nothing on the earth, no trees, noanimals, no sea. Maybe the earth was not round too! http://www.bible-tub...teries-more.php
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users