#1 Deepskies

Deepskies

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Buddhist
  • Agnostic
  • Vancouver, BC

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

It's with a bit of sadness that I leave this forum as I can honestly say my views don't match those of this website.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a scientist nor do I claim to be one but some of the evidence I've seen posted here makes me wonder whether or not anybody here has studied any kind of science as well? I had hoped to see the other side of the equation on this site, but what I've seen so far only goes to show me that while the atheists don't have all the answers, their ideas at least make some sense. Yet here, I feel a kind of insular "us against them" mentality where if a person is Christian, that's the only thing that matters and all other viewpoints are null & void.

Please feel free to comment on this, pat yourselves on the back, give yourselves some high-fives in the process and remain in your little enclave safe from the world outside. I won't be back to read these responses but I will continue in my search for truth.

Thank you for your time.

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

gilbo is agnostic, but you only see what you want to see right?

#3 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

If the atheist have any argument that makes sense, then they have yet to demonstrate it anywhere in the world - not only here.

"The atheistic idea is so nonsensical that I cannot put it into words." - (William Thompson - Lord Kelvin)

If that makes sense to you, then I would have to question if your seeking the truth or if you have already decided. Jesus is the truth and if something else mattered, then we would be supporting that instead. Go to another forum where they use foul language when referring to creationists and see if that mentallity is more unbiased and evidence based. You will soon find that this site is the most civil and rigorous in terms of science and it's applications that you will see anywhere.

Enjoy.

#4 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

I see people try stunts like this all too often. Come into the forum and claim objectivity then leave accusing it of bias. Deepskies is no more objective than anyone else here.

#5 Salsa

Salsa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • Christian
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm not a scientist nor do I claim to be one but some of the evidence I've seen posted here makes me wonder whether or not anybody here has studied any kind of science as well?

No, you are not a scientist, and yet you feel you are qualified to leave us with this nice little insult, not giving any examples of the "science" you think we have neglected to study, but rather claiming that athiests "ideas" make sense. That says it all! Goodbye Deepskies!

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

It's with a bit of sadness that I leave this forum as I can honestly say my views don't match those of this website.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a scientist nor do I claim to be one but some of the evidence I've seen posted here makes me wonder whether or not anybody here has studied any kind of science as well? I had hoped to see the other side of the equation on this site, but what I've seen so far only goes to show me that while the atheists don't have all the answers, their ideas at least make some sense. Yet here, I feel a kind of insular "us against them" mentality where if a person is Christian, that's the only thing that matters and all other viewpoints are null & void.

Does not the same things go on, on forums that mainly hold your views as well? I do know that it does because I have read them and been a member of a few. Kettle calling the pot black,

Please feel free to comment on this, pat yourselves on the back, give yourselves some high-fives in the process and remain in your little enclave safe from the world outside. I won't be back to read these responses but I will continue in my search for truth.

Thank you for your time.

Your attempt at making us feel guilty is quite lame. We see this more often then you know when people like yourself leave this forum. What you are sad about really was your inability to get control and dominate what you deem as YEC morons. Instead you found that this forum was more of a challenge then you could handle. And the rules here did not let you dominate through Ad hominen attacks or militant atheist tactics. What you found is that you bit off more then you could chew here and upon leaving thought you would strike back for your failure to acheive the militant atheist agenda for evolution by trying to put guilt trips on us.

This also proves that all your arguments would have been weak here because we would have seen right through them as being the normal anti-creationist, anti-Christian copy and paste type propaganda. Where you take those arguments and reword them to your way of saying it and basically say the same thing. You saw your suttle attempts at using such tactics get exposed. Then when shocked that we caught you so soon before you could have your fun here, you pull this which confirms what we already knew and suspected.

How? Believe it or not you are only one of many who have done this either in open forum, PMs, E-mails, or in the private section of this forum. It's always the same situation, the same claims, and the same type of guilt trips. And we catch people like yourselves because you all think alike which makes you all very predictable. So you fooled no one, but nice try.

#7 Athelas

Athelas

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Brussels, Belgium

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

#8 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

(((((Deep Skies))))) I hope you find good information somewhere. Feel free to PM or email me.

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thank you for your time.

I personally look for more honesty in posts, so all I can say is "goodbye"...

#10 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yet here, I feel a kind of insular "us against them" mentality where if a person is Christian, that's the only thing that matters and all other viewpoints are null & void.

I think this quote sums it up rather nicely...

"It's amazing what an unbeliever must believe to be an unbeliever." - Dr. Duane Gish

#11 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5720 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

If this person isn't going to check responses then why even leave a message such as this? Seems like a last ditch effort
  • MamaElephant likes this

#12 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I replied because you never know who will be browsing the forum. And I felt like the quote was appropriate and I wanted to display it. ;)

#13 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5720 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

No I meant why would he make a thread just to say goodbye when he won't even read the responses... (sorry should have said thread not post)

#14 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

No I meant why would he make a thread just to say goodbye when he won't even read the responses... (sorry should have said thread not post)

Good question, why waste time typing out ad hominem attacks and blanket denial to our worldview and evidence if you have only ever posted a thread in the welcome section of our forum? The obvious answer is that he felt that he should in some way voice disagreement with our position, but didn't have a way to dispute it through logic, debate, etc. This way he could justify ignoring our position with irrational disagreement. Not reading posts in response means he doesn't have to consider evidence that we post to dispute his claims which might cause him to rethink his position. In other words, it's easier to deny than to reply.

#15 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

And here it was I thought you were just vetting the new guy. ;)

No problem. :)

#16 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5720 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Good question, why waste time typing out ad hominem attacks and blanket denial to our worldview and evidence if you have only ever posted a thread in the welcome section of our forum? The obvious answer is that he felt that he should in some way voice disagreement with our position, but didn't have a way to dispute it through logic, debate, etc. This way he could justify ignoring our position with irrational disagreement. Not reading posts in response means he doesn't have to consider evidence that we post to dispute his claims which might cause him to rethink his position. In other words, it's easier to deny than to reply.

As they say ignorance is bliss ;)

RotA, nah dude, I wouldn't do that :) Sorry again for the misunderstanding

#17 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Movies. music, science.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Thank you for your time.

I hope that you do return Deepskies. I know how it is to be in minority, as Christian in Thailand. It can feel a bit like "them against us" at times. I would have enjoyed discussing creation ideas with you since my background was Buddhist before Christian.
  • JayShel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users