Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Based on the number of banned non-creationist users on this forum (and the rather... let's see, how can I put this mildly... interesting way some discussion topics (e.g. evolution) are framed in the Forum Rules and FAQ), my guess is that I won't stay long here. Especially since I am forced to choose a 'worldview' (in my case a non-creationist one), even though I would have preferred to keep that private since I feel that such enforced labels probably detract from what should (at least in my opinion) be most important, i.e. the arguments that are actually presented. But anyway, hi all!

Firstly - There are a number of Creationist on this forum that were banned as well, so to attempt the false accusation of correlation of non-creationist = banning is a red herring.

Secondly - The reason ANYONE (Creationist and Non-creationist alike) get banned, is because they continually fail to follow the rules of this forum. There rules are agreed to prior to ANYONE being accepted to participate in this forum.

Thirdly - Your argument fails on the fact that YOU agreed to these rules prior to YOUR being accepted to participate in this forum as well. Therefore you are NOW complaining about those rules of this forum, that you agreed to prior to being accepted to participate in this forum.

Fourthly - We ALL post our world view so as to insure that we are honest in our conversations. This keeps those of nefarious intent, from posting under a false worldview, and being dishonestly contrary in order to cause conflict in the discourse of others.

Lastly - If your argument cannot be sustained with logical, rational AND scientific fact (and not mere opinion), you'll find that it doesn't matter which worldview you espouse.

#22 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Certainly not. But I thought this site was about discussing evolution, not 'worldviews'. Am I wrong there?

Evolutionism IS a worldview

If 'evolutionism' is a 'worldview', then why wasn't it in the list from worldviews from which I was forced to choose when I signed up to this forum? Or do you mean that 'evolutionism' is the same as atheism?

Because evolutionism is a worldview subset shared by Atheists, Agnostics, and theistic-evolutionists (etc...)
But it IS a worldview nonetheless.

The bigger question is this: Are you claiming NOT to be an atheist?
If no, I can see why you are having trouble. If you are, I would wonder why you would wish to conceal being an atheist.

#23 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Maybe it is, but then again, big red warnings aimed at evolutionists only when you sign up, and the staggering number of banned atheists at this forum do not really make you feel welcome, and certainly do not give the impression that moderation here is going to treat creationists and non-creationists alike... So I thought, I make a tongue-in-cheek reference to that. Unless criticism is not allowed here. In that case, let me know. Anyway, I am happy to turn to some real topics. Science and stuff.

Yes whilst it isn't a good impression, when you consider that stuff that can (and sometimes does) happen, the warning does have a reason.

Many of the atheists get banned here from their own behaviour... Refusing to give evidence when asked, refusing to support their claims, making unsupported claims as if they were fact, equivocation, time wasting / trolling, ad hominems, etc etc

#24 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Evolutionism is the acceptance of this:
"The diversity of life on Earth is the outcome of evolution: an unsupervised, impersonal, unpredictable and natural process of temporal descent with genetic modification that is affected by natural selection, chance, historical contingencies and changing environments."

(Definition from the National Association of Biology Teachers)

#25 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Movies. music, science.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

If 'evolutionism' is a 'worldview', then why wasn't it in the list from worldviews from which I was forced to choose when I signed up to this forum? Or do you mean that 'evolutionism' is the same as atheism?

I think I saw "Thesistic Evolutionist" as a worldview. I know people who are Christians that think evolution is OK and not conflict with their religion.

#26 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

I think I saw "Thesistic Evolutionist" as a worldview. I know people who are Christians that think evolution is OK and not conflict with their religion.

Yes, Atheists require evolution to be true since there is no other naturalistic process by which life could have diversified. Any other process would require God, which they hate. Theistic evolutionists would change their mind given evidence that the evolutionary argument isn't as strong as popular culture, school, and atheistic scientists would have you think. You can also be agnostic, so why wouldn't agnostic fit the bill? It is a position of objectivity, through which you can consider logical arguments. Even Dawkins admits that no one can be pure atheist, since God cannot be disproven.

#27 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Movies. music, science.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

Yes, Atheists require evolution to be true since there is no other naturalistic process by which life could have diversified. Any other process would require God, which they hate. Theistic evolutionists would change their mind given evidence that the evolutionary argument isn't as strong as popular culture, school, and atheistic scientists would have you think. You can also be agnostic, so why wouldn't agnostic fit the bill? It is a position of objectivity, through which you can consider logical arguments. Even Dawkins admits that no one can be pure atheist, since God cannot be disproven.

Yes, I think it should be easy to accept "agnostic" as label. I have known few that are really atheists. God cannot be disproven leaving issue open.

#28 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

Based on the number of banned non-creationist users on this forum ... my guess is that I won't stay long here. Especially since I am forced to choose a 'worldview'

Too bad "soothsayer" wasn't an option for worldview because you would have been spot on!

Posted Image

#29 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just so everyone knows from an admin point of view.

Most Christians here when warned will straighten up and they do not challenge or question mod or admin actions here.
99% of the atheists and agnostics won;t listen, won;t straighten up. And will challenge the mod and admin actions here every time.

So which group will get leeway for listening and which group won't because they don't listen?

The way I see it as to the reason it's this way: Atheists cannot stand being told what to do by people they consider to be pond scum. So therefore they won't and get banned for it. So that's not our problem nor is it bias. Because the difference in how we have to treat the two groups is made clear because the reaction to authority here is always the same from one group.

But there are exceptions to the rule. We have had Christians here who would not listen either and they got banned. We have had atheist here who would listen and got to stay longer then most. One even made it to almost three years here once. But if you are going to act the fool, break the rules, and not listen you will get banned and it does not matter what group you belong to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users