March 2012 Show Of The Month - The Origin Of Earth's Radioactivity

7 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

* Walt Brown Discovered How Radioactive Decay Started: Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams describe Dr. Brown's Hydroplate Theory and it's explanation of the origin of Earth's radioactivity. Consider:

- God created a paradise for mankind so no radioactivity would have existed on the original Earth because radioactive decay can cause birth defects, disease, and death.
- The fourth state of matter, beyond solid, liquid, and gas, is plasma (lightning, neon lights, etc.) which is like a gas but with the electrons stripped away.
- Pressure on quartz produces an electric voltage and the granite in the Earth's crust is more than one-fourth quartz.
- Earthquakes produce lightning strikes coming out of the ground and in the ground.
- The journal Nature reports that an average earthquake produces hundreds of millions of volts.
- During the upheaval of the global flood pressure in the crust produced enormous voltages that produced plasma surges in the crust.
- Those voltages smashed together the nuclei of atoms to create, in the crust, radioactive elements and massive, instantaneous apparent radioactive decay.
- The only alternative theory DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN of radioactive elements. The Big Bang's chemical evolution theory claims that such elements were created in stars. Yet famed cosmologist George Gamow wrote that, "the temperatures in the interior of stars are measured in
tens of millions of degrees, whereas several billion degrees are
needed to 'cook' radioactive nuclei from the nuclei of lighter
elements."

#2 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Great show, Fred. Thanks for sharing. I actually learned about these charges in granites while watching a UFO documentary on TV when I was a teenager. People reported seeing glowing orbs of light thinking that they were UFO's... but scientists showed how they correlated with earthquake activity and were likely electrical discharges from rocks. They just didn't know how the energy got distributed into small orbs.

I didn't know that this energy could effect isotope decay, though.

If you would, please keep my experiment and predictions in mind, I also may have a shocker by the end of the year.

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=81152

Thanks.

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Great show, Fred. Thanks for sharing. I actually learned about these charges in granites while watching a UFO documentary on TV when I was a teenager. People reported seeing glowing orbs of light thinking that they were UFO's... but scientists showed how they correlated with earthquake activity and were likely electrical discharges from rocks. They just didn't know how the energy got distributed into small orbs.

I didn't know that this energy could effect isotope decay, though.

If you would, please keep my experiment and predictions in mind, I also may have a shocker by the end of the year.

http://www.evolution...ost&p=81152

Thanks.

That does sound interesting, I'll be curious to see the results. Any fish in the experiment?

#4 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Fish love to feed on test subjects, so I had to resist the temptation. I really wanted to restrict the experiments to invertebrates because we already see many fish that live in both fresh and saltwater, so it really wouldn't answer any of the questions that the experiment is designed for. Was the ocean freshwater before the flood or did God create saltwater organisms? There is a lot of evidence from geology and genetics that point to freshwater oceans, so I'm trying to test that idea.

Enjoy.

#5 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

LOL, great point about the fish eating your test subjects!

I think its a great test, please keep me posted (might be best via PM, I go through stretches where its hard to check in to the forum).

#6 Paul of Eugene OR

Paul of Eugene OR

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

* Walt Brown Discovered How Radioactive Decay Started: Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams describe Dr. Brown's Hydroplate Theory and it's explanation of the origin of Earth's radioactivity. Consider:

- God created a paradise for mankind so no radioactivity would have existed on the original Earth because radioactive decay can cause birth defects, disease, and death.
- The fourth state of matter, beyond solid, liquid, and gas, is plasma (lightning, neon lights, etc.) which is like a gas but with the electrons stripped away.
- Pressure on quartz produces an electric voltage and the granite in the Earth's crust is more than one-fourth quartz.
- Earthquakes produce lightning strikes coming out of the ground and in the ground.
- The journal Nature reports that an average earthquake produces hundreds of millions of volts.
- During the upheaval of the global flood pressure in the crust produced enormous voltages that produced plasma surges in the crust.
- Those voltages smashed together the nuclei of atoms to create, in the crust, radioactive elements and massive, instantaneous apparent radioactive decay.
- The only alternative theory DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN of radioactive elements. The Big Bang's chemical evolution theory claims that such elements were created in stars. Yet famed cosmologist George Gamow wrote that, "the temperatures in the interior of stars are measured in
tens of millions of degrees, whereas several billion degrees are
needed to 'cook' radioactive nuclei from the nuclei of lighter
elements."

Well, Gamow was surely writing about temperature conditions in normal stars; radioactive elements are forged in the heart of supernova.

However, if radioactive elements cannot even be cooked up inside a star, what makes it reasonable to suppose they can be cooked up in mere pizo-electric phenomenon generated by stressing quartz? That doesn't make sense to me.

Besides, there is the little matter of all those daughter products that have accumulated long enough to show that radioactive elements have been on earth for millions and millions of years.

A few billion, and if we analyze the daughter products in meteorites, we find they have been accumulating for over 4 billion years.

#7 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Well, Gamow was surely writing about temperature conditions in normal stars; radioactive elements are forged in the heart of supernova.

However, if radioactive elements cannot even be cooked up inside a star, what makes it reasonable to suppose they can be cooked up in mere pizo-electric phenomenon generated by stressing quartz? That doesn't make sense to me.

Besides, there is the little matter of all those daughter products that have accumulated long enough to show that radioactive elements have been on earth for millions and millions of years.

A few billion, and if we analyze the daughter products in meteorites, we find they have been accumulating for over 4 billion years.

Yes, Paul...at room teperature it would appear that way if your actually going to cherry pick the ones that dated that age. What about the meteorites that dated way younger and older than that? If they're brushed aside as anomalous, then why are you certain that 4.8 billion is correct?

Enjoy.

#8 Bob Enyart

Bob Enyart

RSF Co-host

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Christian
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Well, Paul was correct about Gamow and Supernovas. I do appreciate the fact checking! He was wrong, however, in his comparison with the pizeoelectric effect and the temperature of stars. Thanks Fred for maintaining this forum!

-Bob Enyart

rsr.org

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users