#1 nuttypiglet

nuttypiglet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • London

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I've looked at so much information on this, and it's hard to believe this doesn't exist when the stories from all around the world are so similar. I was wondering if any other Christians have any views on this?

#2 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

So are you saying you believe in aliens? Here's something to consider... if there are aliens, and one believes in God, one could make a fair guess that aliens would have been created with free will as well. And it's not far reaching to say that their free will allowed them to sin against God, and then they would need a savior as well. So do you think Christ was crucified somewhere else in the universe so that these sinners could be redeemed? And since Christ already came to earth in human form, if indeed He had to be the sacrificial lamb of God somewhere else in the universe for aliens, then he would have to take on an alien form on their planet, one would think. It's all too bizarre.

But the flip side is even worse. If there were aliens and they were perfect beings, without sin, not needing Christ, then they in fact would be "little Gods".

I really don't know which scenario is worse. But I reject both cases.

#3 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

The book Alien Intrusion, if you get it in a pack with a lecture through CMI might still be available at a discount... They might talk about Area 51

#4 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

I think Alien life is possible, I don't think it says in the Bible that we are the only mutually exclusive sentient race in all the universe... On all of Earth yes :)

Furthermore it also states that God has his own secrets, alien life may well be one of them.

#5 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

First, I believe some of them to be camera or visual glitches (maybe hallucinations?).
Second, I believe some to be experimental aircraft.
Third, I believe some to be angels or demons.

Scientifically, traveling to earth from any viable planet would take technology that we cannot yet imagine to counteract severe damage that the slightest space dust would cause to the vessel, to generate and harness the type of power necessary to propel any craft to light-speed for any sustained time, to protect life forms from getting turned into pizza from all the G's pulled when traveling that fast. That is to name a few obvious problems. Basically plasma shields, warp drives, and automatic cryogenic processess as seen on sci-fi shows. "...so you're saying there's a chance?...AWESOME! :crazyguy: "

I agree with RoTA's explanation as to why aliens don't exist (as a separate species of intelligent beings) Biblically.

#6 nuttypiglet

nuttypiglet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Christian
  • London

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Another alternative I've read is that they are the fallen angels, who caused God to decide on a flood. The theory is that God banished them to another world but they knew enough to eventually build transport and get back here. I think the idea seems to be reinforced by believers with the bible saying the last days will be like those of Noah. The fallen angels were showing secrets of many things, agriculture, metallurgy etc etc. Perhaps these beings will return and bewilder us again with their knowledge, and try to turn us from needing God.

" It's all too bizarre" Not if they came from heaven? Don't forget that there was a rebellion in heaven before man sinned. A third of the angels were cast out.

#7 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

So are you saying you believe in aliens? Here's something to consider... if there are aliens, and one believes in God, one could make a fair guess that aliens would have been created with free will as well. And it's not far reaching to say that their free will allowed them to sin against God, and then they would need a savior as well. So do you think Christ was crucified somewhere else in the universe so that these sinners could be redeemed? And since Christ already came to earth in human form, if indeed He had to be the sacrificial lamb of God somewhere else in the universe for aliens, then he would have to take on an alien form on their planet, one would think. It's all too bizarre.

But the flip side is even worse. If there were aliens and they were perfect beings, without sin, not needing Christ, then they in fact would be "little Gods".

I really don't know which scenario is worse. But I reject both cases.

Just because it is bizarre doesn't discount it as a possibility ;) We cannot know for sure but I am sure that if Alien life was found it wouldn't contradict the Bible.

#8 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Another alternative I've read is that they are the fallen angels, who caused God to decide on a flood. The theory is that God banished them to another world but they knew enough to eventually build transport and get back here. I think the idea seems to be reinforced by believers with the bible saying the last days will be like those of Noah. The fallen angels were showing secrets of many things, agriculture, metallurgy etc etc. Perhaps these beings will return and bewilder us again with their knowledge, and try to turn us from needing God.

Lol.. You missed Biology.... The horsemen of the new Atheists? :crazyguy:

#9 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

I used to work with Bill Alnor. I believe his take on aliens, Biblically, as well as my previous post stating why I don't think there are real aliens. Bill states what has been said here, that these "aliens" are actually demons, angels of light, in his book Ufo's in the New Age: Extraterrestrial Messages and the Truth of Scripture

#10 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Are demons thats is do you remenber how they describe lucifer in the bible? like an angel of light so that why all those alien things are lights in the sky. another things the bible says they are trapped in earth thats why you cant find those lights in the space("alien" lights) what about aliens abductions? in the bible you read satan took Jesus to the mountain top. If satan could "abduct" Jesus what makes you think he couldnt do that to us humans?

#11 nuttypiglet

nuttypiglet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Christian
  • London

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

On the subject of lights, the three kings who followed the light to Jesus, what light? It went before them and stopped above the place where Jesus was. If you look up at the night sky and pick a distant star, then follow it, could you really end up under it? It moves across the sky all the time. Was this an Angel?

#12 nuttypiglet

nuttypiglet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Christian
  • London

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

" If satan could "abduct" Jesus what makes you think he couldnt do that to us humans?"

Good point, I never thought of that.

#13 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

" If satan could "abduct" Jesus what makes you think he couldnt do that to us humans?"

Good point, I never thought of that.

But people always describe it as if they are medically examined during these abductions. They are never fully conscious and talking with them as you suggest through improperly citing the Bible. Lets not forget to look at what the Bible actually says when coming up with theories.

Satan did not abduct Jesus, but the Holy Spirit led Him into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. After that He was led by Satan to other places. There is no indication that Jesus was carried away by force, or even against His will by Satan, so it is not consistent with this abduction theory.

#14 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

But people always describe it as if they are medically examined during these abductions. They are never fully conscious and talking with them as you suggest through improperly citing the Bible. Lets not forget to look at what the Bible actually says when coming up with theories.

Satan did not abduct Jesus, but the Holy Spirit led Him into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. After that He was led by Satan to other places. There is no indication that Jesus was carried away by force, or even against His will by Satan, so it is not consistent with this abduction theory.

I know Jesus could stop satan but he allowed in order to teach us about the temptationsThe abductions remenber satan is the father of the lies the main problem with the UFO thing is too deceived a believe in aliens. anything to ignore God in fact some atheist prefer and believe in aliens because "make more sense". I cant explain everything Im not a expert

#15 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

On the subject of lights, the three kings who followed the light to Jesus, what light? It went before them and stopped above the place where Jesus was. If you look up at the night sky and pick a distant star, then follow it, could you really end up under it? It moves across the sky all the time. Was this an Angel?

No those lights. I mean when people see lights in the sky moving UFOS you can fin several videos of this in youtube. Those lights no one knows what are those lights . Again those are demons tricking people to believe in aliens

#16 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

I know Jesus could stop satan but he allowed in order to teach us about the temptationsThe abductions remenber satan is the father of the lies the main problem with the UFO thing is too deceived a believe in aliens. anything to ignore God in fact some atheist prefer and believe in aliens because "make more sense". I cant explain everything Im not a expert

This makes sense. I think your use of the word "abducted" before when speaking of Jesus was unfortunate, and I'm guessing that it's due to a limited use of the English language. It's clear you see it as "led by Satan". One word can change the whole meaning. :)

#17 Richard

Richard

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Family, Theology, Philosophy, Politics, Creation/Evolution Debate, Scuba Diving, Fishing,
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

If you believe in UFOs, take a look at these times for traveling to the closest stars at the fastest known speed of a spacecraft. Traveling at 150,000 mph (6 times faster than the fastest manned spacecraft), it takes over 19,000 years to reach the closest star. It takes over 134 MILLION years to reach the center of our own galaxy and over a 11 BILLION years to reach another galaxy. Even traveling near the speed of light which is probably impossible, it takes over 2000 years to reach the closest star and over a BILLION years to reach the closest galaxy.

Living near Gulf Breeze, Florida, I've seen mass hysteria generated by UFO reports which turned out to be just another scam propagated with trick photography and a model space ship.

http://janus.astro.u...astro/distance/

http://janus.astro.u...tro/distance.pl

#18 nuttypiglet

nuttypiglet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Christian
  • London

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Richard there are obviously cases which are genuine, and it certainly isn't normal for nuclear warheads to disarm themselves in the presence of a light hovering overhead. All governments are aware these things exist, there are many radar recordings of vehicles travelling at thousands of miles per hour and suddenly turning a right angle. With regards to space travel, we have to assume there are ways to achieve this, maybe incorporating time. Not too long ago it was believed man couldn't travel over 30mph because his rib cage would collapse. Since then we've broken the sound barrier. Our technology is still in its infancy. How much would you estimate we understand about everything in the universe? 1%?

#19 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

If you believe in UFOs, take a look at these times for traveling to the closest stars at the fastest known speed of a spacecraft. Traveling at 150,000 mph (6 times faster than the fastest manned spacecraft), it takes over 19,000 years to reach the closest star. It takes over 134 MILLION years to reach the center of our own galaxy and over a 11 BILLION years to reach another galaxy. Even traveling near the speed of light which is probably impossible, it takes over 2000 years to reach the closest star and over a BILLION years to reach the closest galaxy.

As I've stated, I don't believe in aliens per se, but if indeed there were aliens it's my understanding that they would be able to travel through rips in space, worm holes, that would allow them to travel vast differences in a small amount of time. I'm not well versed on this and I'm certainly not supporting alien life in any way, but I just thought I'd mention this. :)

#20 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

If aliens existed and were handed over to sin , then they would have to be Adam's descendants and that would be impossible if they were on a different planet. But...I've seen no credible evidence of alien life visiting this planet. A craft witnessed by many people is only proof that a craft was seen and many of the craft drawn by eyewitnesses usually resemble top secret air force projects.

Enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users