• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

It seems the article I wrote for richarddawkins.net has not been approved, (I understand why).

The article was about Dawkins use of the claim "science is working on it" and how it is in fact a claim to wishful thinking, (argumentum ad futuris). Which in turn is not a response to any question and shows his false logic, (it is a logical fallacy after all)... Some of you may remember I started a thread to this very topic.

I guess this is why they check over the submitted articles and why they took down the forum, (I heard there used to be a forum there), so the people who have good points, that cannot be explained away, do not get their points heard.

I'll be compiling this experience as yet another reason why Richard Dawkins and his posse don't have a clue.

Or perhaps someone on here can redeem the statement "science is working on it" as a logical answer for questions, which in turn would redeem richarddawkins.net and its choice to not post my article.

#2 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Would you want to post your article here? Remember this site is indexed by Google so if you name the thread appropriately it will show up under Google searches when folks are searching for Dawkins. ;)

#3 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Here is the thread from before

http://www.evolution...?showtopic=4926

It is a close representation to what I wrote on there. (I didn't put the science-deity stuff since I figured I was drawing a long bow with that, in terms of the people on that site and what they themselves believe in)

When I searched for the term "science is working on it" here is a Dawkins-fanboi using the same claim as if it was valid.

"As our hero Richard Dawkins is fond of saying, we don't know, science is working on it."
http://richarddawkin...comments/128294

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

It seems the article I wrote for richarddawkins.net has not been approved, (I understand why).

The article was about Dawkins use of the claim "science is working on it" and how it is in fact a claim to wishful thinking, (argumentum ad futuris). Which in turn is not a response to any question and shows his false logic, (it is a logical fallacy after all)... Some of you may remember I started a thread to this very topic.

I guess this is why they check over the submitted articles and why they took down the forum, (I heard there used to be a forum there), so the people who have good points, that cannot be explained away, do not get their points heard.

I'll be compiling this experience as yet another reason why Richard Dawkins and his posse don't have a clue.

Or perhaps someone on here can redeem the statement "science is working on it" as a logical answer for questions, which in turn would redeem richarddawkins.net and its choice to not post my article.

They took down the forum? I use to frequent it a few years ago!

#5 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

They took down the forum? I use to frequent it a few years ago!

Yeah I did some research apparently there was a big stink about it since all the old posts were totally wiped, and anyone who spoke out against it were banned

#6 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

:think:

I guess the Dawkins fans are still thinking

#7 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Their truth doesn't need explaining, just believing.
  • gilbo12345 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users