Rhodri123

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Brynmawr

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

I am a 21 year old atheist from Wales. I'm new to the 'online community' as it were, so apologies in advance for any transgressions of internet conventions which I may commit. I have had bad things about this forum from atheist friends, but am hoping they are wrong:)

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Internet conversations are basically the same as face-to-face conversations. Common courtesy still means something, as does listening and understanding the other person(s) prior to rendering feed-back.

Probably the best piece of information I could give you though, is to read the forum rules prior to posting, and read the OP (opening post) to each thread prior to posting in that thread.

As an aside - Most people who have a hard time here are usually those who couldn't adhere to forum rules (maybe those frimds of yours???).

#3 Rhodri123

Rhodri123

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Brynmawr

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks a lot for replying on this post. As you are a moderator, I am aware that your time is valuable, and therefore appreciate you taking some of said time in order to reply to me. I will read the forum rules before posting again. On the creation/materialism debate in which I posted, I will attempt to post a rebuttal to you within 24 hours, as I will first acquaint myself with the forum rules before going to work, and will post tomorrow.
Thanks again

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Post as you can, there is no hurry. It is most important realize what you know, what you think you know, what you don't know, and that you can ALWAYS learn (I mean that for all of us, as I was using "YOU" as a generic term). Facts are not opinions, and opinions are not facts! :)

#5 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I have had bad things about this forum from atheist friends, but am hoping they are wrong

They were not wrong; we only allow honest and civil debate. For some reason many atheists find this difficult. Welcome.

#6 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Welcome to the board. I hope you find some conversations to take part in. Take as much time as you like in responding, everyone gets busy.

#7 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1779 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

I am a 21 year old atheist from Wales. I'm new to the 'online community' as it were, so apologies in advance for any transgressions of internet conventions which I may commit. I have had bad things about this forum from atheist friends, but am hoping they are wrong:)

Welcome to the board. I hope you do well here.

If you present your arguments without antagonism or insults then you should be fine. Some of your persuasion have been here for a long time.

#8 Rhodri123

Rhodri123

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Brynmawr

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Many thanks for the welcome, everyone, much appreciated:). I assure you that I will conduct myself in a dignified manner, and will not resort to antagonism or insults. I know how these debates can be reduced to so-called 'flame wars', but I hope that can be avoided.

#9 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Dont worry, flame wars will only result in someone being banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users