Newcomer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Muslim
  • Agnostic
  • here

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hello and peace,

I have a question I would like evolutionists to help me find an answer for.

As we know from the theories adopted by atheists that life started spontaneously on this planet and when the conditions were just right the 1st being came into existence,

Now it is common knowledge that life beings need energy to sustain themselves, how did that 1st being produce energy? after some thinking I could only find to possible answers but both of them contradict evolution.

1) That 1st being had a the same mechanism as we have now for changing solar, thermal or whatever sort of energy to the type of energy that life beings can sustain themselves with but it was very primitive and simple. Now this can not be because no matter how simple and primitive you make it, it is still quite complicated and can not pop up just like that, as it should take some generations to create such a thing.

2) That 1st being had some sort of mechanism that can generate energy on its own, which is also impossible because such a valuable mechanism can never be lost in evolution process.

Can anyone please explain if there is another rational possibility to answer this question?

Thank you.

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

They postulate chemotrophic autotrophs as the first being, since there would be no organic material for it to consume (since it is the first lifeform). Now, I would agree that any organism, however it produced energy, would be irreducibly complex, and would defy the position of abiogenesis. Abiogenesis is absurd since it postulates that amino acids form in water, and protein form in absence of water (from amino acids). Homochirality is also an issue, and of course DNA must be made with formaldehyde which would kill an organism that was formed from it. This is just a few reasons why abiogenesis could not have happened. Please see this post for more info: http://www.evolution...025

#3 mohammed3rd

mohammed3rd

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Muslim
  • Agnostic
  • here

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Ok, I'm no scientist at all so I immediately googled it and here is what I found on wikipedia.

Chemoautotrophs (or chemotrophic autotroph), (Gr: Chemo (χημία) = chemical, auto (αὐτός) = self, troph (τροφιά) = nourishment) in addition to deriving energy from chemical reactions, synthesize all necessary organic compounds from carbon dioxide. Chemoautotrophs use inorganic energy sources, such as hydrogen sulfide, elemental sulfur, ferrous iron, molecular hydrogen, and ammonia.

Now it says clearly here that it uses " inorganic energy sources" which I think means that it needs to change that sourced energy to use it, which also means that there is some type of mechanism to transform energy.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Edit: while I was posting you edited your posts so I missed the edeted part, pleas forgive me.

#4 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking how the first organism could have made energy without organic material, since organic material comes from life. The second part of my post is more on topic.

#5 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

Jay you were spot on. In order to have organic material to consume in the first place that would mean this material would need to exist before life existed, an impossible concept hence chemoautotrophs or phototrophs are the only candidates...

Yet both of these systems are irreducibly complex and thus cannot "evolve", since the "ancestor" of these systems is unknown.

Not sure how else you can answer the question?

Mohammed to answer your question there is no other explanation available. Yes it defies evolution, but that is reality. In order for the first cell to live it requires all of its systems, including energy systems, in place from the word Go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users