Here's Hoping...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CzarAlex

CzarAlex

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Reading, shooting, wargames (computer and tabletop)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Western Tennessee

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Someone recommended this site and I am here to see for myself if it fulfills what was claimed.

I don't consider myself to be what is commonly referred to as a militant atheist but, at the same time, I am not ashamed of being an atheist even though I live in the Bible belt. I am all for open communication with both sides being heard with active engagement from all parties regarding all points being made by all parties involved. It is much better to speak with someone than at someone. If you're looking for an honest answer, just ask me and I will answer. No equivocation.

My childhood was spent in California and five years ago, I moved to Tennessee with my wife. I am a recent widower as my wife passed in January of this year. It is the most surreal event in my nearly 50 years.

I look forward to this being a successful board for me to express myself. Should things prove differently, I will move on. Let's be hospitable to each other. It's a better world that way, imo.

#2 perry_eh

perry_eh

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Welcome aboard and I would like to extend my sympaties for your loss.

#3 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Welcome Alex, I'm glad you have chosen to debate here and look forward to discussions with you. I am sorry for your loss, that would be a very difficult situation to go through and I empathize.

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Welcome to the forum Alex, I hope you find your time here fruitful.

A couple of things I might suggest for your communications here to be successful, hospitable, and honest, would be to carefully read the forum rules (all of them) and adhere to them. By doing this you will have no problem with all parties regarding all points being made by all parties involved; while at the same time speaking with someone not at someone...

As an aside equivocation is a violation of forum rules...

#5 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yes, welcome Alex!

As Ron made it abundantly clear, we sport a shark as our forum mascot for a reason. :think:

#6 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5720 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Someone recommended this site and I am here to see for myself if it fulfills what was claimed.

I don't consider myself to be what is commonly referred to as a militant atheist but, at the same time, I am not ashamed of being an atheist even though I live in the Bible belt. I am all for open communication with both sides being heard with active engagement from all parties regarding all points being made by all parties involved. It is much better to speak with someone than at someone. If you're looking for an honest answer, just ask me and I will answer. No equivocation.

My childhood was spent in California and five years ago, I moved to Tennessee with my wife. I am a recent widower as my wife passed in January of this year. It is the most surreal event in my nearly 50 years.

I look forward to this being a successful board for me to express myself. Should things prove differently, I will move on. Let's be hospitable to each other. It's a better world that way, imo.

Welcome to the forum, may I ask what tabletop games do you play?

I used to play Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, (stopped playing for a bit as I am a uni student and the prices kept on rising ;) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users