Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Those fundies from Alabama have gotten to those South Koreans!

#3 Jesse

Jesse

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Connecticut

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Very nice.

#4 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

I have no issue if they teach evolution... I do have an issue when they use assumption based "science" to do it.... However when you take that away there is nothing left of evolution so perhaps due to this technically my view is that it is best that they do not teach it.

#5 joman

joman

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Southern Indiana

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

I think its about time someone realized the ridiculous stories of evolution and banned them from intellectual discussion. That's way better than hearing gullible people are being systematically decieved by supposedly intelligent people fabricating nonsense and expecting others to accept them on the basis that degreed cult members of a "there is no God"/"no one done it" religion say so. And then expecting normal people to have to refute theoretical fairytales with what was once plain old common sense, so they can then use the only argument they actually have as mere scoffers of anyone with actual wit, that is, the claim that common sense ends once a person gets approved of being intelligently propogandized in schools of higher learning.
As for evolution in any school propagandizing little children with fabulous renditions of dino land and other cartoons so that they end of thinking the scriptures of the Bible can't be true since no such nonsense is found in that holy book.

I'd be one to offer a compromise, hows that?

Lets say that here in America the land of the free'er that we ban all teaching in school about origins. Why let one some fake science crazies attack the children with grand boasting of how they know, they know all about the origins of nature, since, they we all know they don't and can't.
I will admit there is no science of creation by God, and no science of origins where the whole question of "where did it all come from?" is never really allowed since, who really knows.
I'm content to teach any rational person the validity of testimony concerning things that occurred when no man was available to witness it.
Whereas, history is a completely different subject than fables.

#6 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I think its about time someone realized the ridiculous stories of evolution and banned them from intellectual discussion. That's way better than hearing gullible people are being systematically decieved by supposedly intelligent people fabricating nonsense and expecting others to accept them on the basis that degreed cult members of a "there is no God"/"no one done it" religion say so. And then expecting normal people to have to refute theoretical fairytales with what was once plain old common sense, so they can then use the only argument they actually have as mere scoffers of anyone with actual wit, that is, the claim that common sense ends once a person gets approved of being intelligently propogandized in schools of higher learning.
As for evolution in any school propagandizing little children with fabulous renditions of dino land and other cartoons so that they end of thinking the scriptures of the Bible can't be true since no such nonsense is found in that holy book.

I'd be one to offer a compromise, hows that?

Lets say that here in America the land of the free'er that we ban all teaching in school about origins. Why let one some fake science crazies attack the children with grand boasting of how they know, they know all about the origins of nature, since, they we all know they don't and can't.
I will admit there is no science of creation by God, and no science of origins where the whole question of "where did it all come from?" is never really allowed since, who really knows.
I'm content to teach any rational person the validity of testimony concerning things that occurred when no man was available to witness it.
Whereas, history is a completely different subject than fables.

I agree with you, the topic of origins really should be banned from schools. It really has no place in the classroom and is not necessary for understanding science itself. Honestly one can understand genetic variation without the need for evolution, since evolution is the assumption that empirical variation can somehow lead to larger changes over time, without this assumption nothing is lost from the original concept of genetic variation.

The only reason I can see that evolution is taught to children is to conform their own worldview to that of a naturalist, one doesn't need to be a naturalist to do science. In fact in the past, (pre-Darwin), science itself was a "Religious" institution since it was about learning about God's world, understanding the world would lead to a better understanding of God and his word. It is an embarasing point to put to an atheist since many do not realise science's religious beginning, it is normally these people who claim that Religion has nothing to do with science.... How wrong they are lol.

However sadly many people will not realise this and arbitrarily claim that evolution is central to understanding all science. I don't believe in evolution yet somehow I have progressed to the last year of my undergrad degree, (next year is honours for me), so surely that in and of itself is some indication that belief in evolution doesn't really matter.

#7 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

I agree with you, the topic of origins really should be banned from schools.

We came from somewhere and that something "Jesus" is going to hold us accountable; Therefore, we must teach the controversy.

Besides, science not progressing since the inclusion of Darwin's ideology in our culture is a historical fact.

"Science proceeds by ideology and assumptions. The day that science remained nothing but an ideology, was the day that they started to assume that there is no God. This history is reflected in the huge leaps of science made by Isaac Newton, John Ray, Carl Linnaeus, and Gregor Mendel, which was cut short and ended with the untestable ideology of Charles Darwin." - Jason Bishop

Enjoy.

#8 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

We came from somewhere and that something "Jesus" is going to hold us accountable; Therefore, we must teach the controversy.

Besides, science not progressing since the inclusion of Darwin's ideology in our culture is a historical fact.

"Science proceeds by ideology and assumptions. The day that science remained nothing but an ideology, was the day that they started to assume that there is no God. This history is reflected in the huge leaps of science made by Isaac Newton, John Ray, Carl Linnaeus, and Gregor Mendel, which was cut short and ended with the untestable ideology of Charles Darwin." - Jason Bishop

Enjoy.

Whose the athority? Where does it lead? Whom are you serving? Children should be trained lead to The Way, Amen! How can we be wise --trust and obey Jesus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users