• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

http://www.theaustra...o-1225841086925

The title of this thread is borrowed from the news article I found on The Australian newspaper's website.

The article gives an account of Dawkins and his crusade of scientism, its a great read and I am glad to hear that people are opening up their eyes to th truth about Dawkins.

#2 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Dont worry. Dawkins will have an eternity in hell to talk about atheism.

#3 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

The ironic part is that the bible says that God handed men over to strong delusion so that they should believe a lie and be damned because they indulge in unrighteousness. I, like John C. Sanford, believe that evolution is one of those delusions.

Enjoy.

#4 Feathers Are Overrated

Feathers Are Overrated

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading (somewhat), drawing, graphics (my avatar, for instance)
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

The only way I can describe this article in an amusing and seemingly sufficient manor is to resort to a reference to just about every FPS ever made:
"Boom! Headshot!"

#5 Hawkins

Hawkins

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Hong Kong

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

The ironic part is that the bible says that God handed men over to strong delusion so that they should believe a lie and be damned because they indulge in unrighteousness. I, like John C. Sanford, believe that evolution is one of those delusions.

Enjoy.

I second that notion, and one of my favorite verse.

Romans 1:
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

To add something of myself,
21 For although they knew (heard of) God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being (the bones of homo erectus) and birds and animals and reptiles (the bones of other animals).

#6 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

I second that notion, and one of my favorite verse.

Romans 1:
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

To add something of myself,
21 For although they knew (heard of) God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being (the bones of homo erectus) and birds and animals and reptiles (the bones of other animals).

....eyebrows raised.....

So maybe the Bible predicted the worldwide belief in atheistic evolution?
  • Hawkins likes this

#7 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

....eyebrows raised.....

There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished (II Peter 3:3-6).

Yes gilbo I sure think so. The passage I quote seems to be specifically predicting the denial of The Great Flood and clinging to uniformitarianism, and the denial that the world was created by the word of God.

http://www.icr.org/a...s/view/860/314/

#8 Hawkins

Hawkins

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Hong Kong

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

....eyebrows raised.....

Description from Revelation 20;
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth —Gog and Magog —and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves.

Gog can be a false god, an evil ideology or an evil spiritual force and so on. Magog is the warriors and worshipers of Gog. So if Gog represents evolution then Magog will be the evolutionists. In number they are like sand from all over the world and surrounding Christians (camp of God's people). I think that's why they are the "scientists" but exclusively appear in only Christian forums. Posted Image

Description in Esekiel 38;
17 “Thus says the Lord God: Are you he of whom I spoke in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel, who in those days prophesied for years that I would bring you against them? 18 But on that day, the day that Gog shall come against the land of Israel, declares the Lord God, my wrath will be roused in my anger. 19 For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel.

This description is very similar to Daniel's description about the abomination causing desolation. When Gog starts to attack the church, that is, the abomination enters the Church or being legalized in the Church. God's fury may come. Gog is a possible candidate of such an abomination.

#9 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Yeah, the Bible predicted that man and woman would be wilfully ignorant of two things. That the earth was created and that the earth was once covered in water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users