agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I have been here about a day or so and I just thought I should mention a few things I've noticed.

The first is that atheists are apparently blocked at the slightest provocation while creationists are free to poke, prod, insult, and selectively quote atheists, ignore their evidence and spam opinions to their heart's content - any of which would get an atheist blocked (and all of which violates the rules of the forum).

Since I've been here I've not seen any mention or reference to a creationist being blocked or even asked to moderate their behavior in any way despite being insulted and condescended to unprovoked numerous times, criticized merely for giving an opinion in a topic, etc. Creationists can make negative generalizations about non-believers with impunity, then defend their right to insult us with impunity. No moderators swoop in, not even a single bystander has a problem with it (which itself is astonishing, especially in a "christian" forum).

One of the deleted threads was deleted because someone suggested creationism is a myth - BOOM, deleted. We wouldn't want to be irreverent or rude about differing views here on evolutionfairytale.com, right?

The double standard is breathtaking.

So atheists are provoked into the slightest utterance of frustration or anger then blocked, so the creationists can go back to sitting in their semi-private corner of the internet, puffing up their chests and talking privately about how no dumb, ignorant, closed-minded atheist is brave enough to contradict them.

And if someone does respond to one of their threads? Ignore them and pretend they don't exist.

"I've read a lot on this forum and I find it full of great information. Yet I don't see any evidence for evolution."

- usafjay1976

This is from one of the first threads I saw after coming here. I then spent a lot of time and energy giving a long, in-depth response explaining how and why fossils like archeopteryx are important to evolutionary science and why they specifically fulfill the predictions made by charles darwin two years prior...

He doesn't reply or even go back to the thread, and posts a new one which begins:

"So I’ve read on this forum that there is plenty of evidence for evolution, to Google it, to Wiki it, etc. I’ve honestly seen a lot of stuff but nothing that says ‘evidence’."

So I reply to that post and mention that I won't give evidence to someone who refuses to look at it. So then gilbo12345 says "Then you can honour me with the empirical evidence, keep in mind that empirical implies that the evidence be, observable, repeatable, measurable and falsifiable." I proceed to do so at length, starting with two short clips of a christian biologist describing evolutionary predictions in genetics and the fossil record which had the potential, if wrong, to disprove the idea of common ancestry.

His response? He refused to watch the videos.

This forum is a lie. It's a place to make pretend things are how you want them to be and ignore or literally block out anything that contradicts that. Just like conservapedia or godandscience.org or any of a hundred cloistered creationist websites.

As the expression goes, that which grows in the shadows, but withers in the light of day does not belong on the vine.

#2 jonas5877

jonas5877

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Salisbury, MD

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

I have been here about a day or so and I just thought I should mention a few things I've noticed.

The first is that atheists are apparently blocked at the slightest provocation while creationists are free to poke, prod, insult, and selectively quote atheists, ignore their evidence and spam opinions to their heart's content - any of which would get an atheist blocked (and all of which violates the rules of the forum).

Since I've been here I've not seen any mention or reference to a creationist being blocked or even asked to moderate their behavior in any way despite being insulted and condescended to unprovoked numerous times, criticized merely for giving an opinion in a topic, etc. Creationists can make negative generalizations about non-believers with impunity, then defend their right to insult us with impunity. No moderators swoop in, not even a single bystander has a problem with it (which itself is astonishing, especially in a "christian" forum).

One of the deleted threads was deleted because someone suggested creationism is a myth - BOOM, deleted. We wouldn't want to be irreverent or rude about differing views here on evolutionfairytale.com, right?

The double standard is breathtaking.

So atheists are provoked into the slightest utterance of frustration or anger then blocked, so the creationists can go back to sitting in their semi-private corner of the internet, puffing up their chests and talking privately about how no dumb, ignorant, closed-minded atheist is brave enough to contradict them.

And if someone does respond to one of their threads? Ignore them and pretend they don't exist.

"I've read a lot on this forum and I find it full of great information. Yet I don't see any evidence for evolution."

- usafjay1976

This is from one of the first threads I saw after coming here. I then spent a lot of time and energy giving a long, in-depth response explaining how and why fossils like archeopteryx are important to evolutionary science and why they specifically fulfill the predictions made by charles darwin two years prior...

He doesn't reply or even go back to the thread, and posts a new one which begins:

"So I’ve read on this forum that there is plenty of evidence for evolution, to Google it, to Wiki it, etc. I’ve honestly seen a lot of stuff but nothing that says ‘evidence’."

So I reply to that post and mention that I won't give evidence to someone who refuses to look at it. So then gilbo12345 says "Then you can honour me with the empirical evidence, keep in mind that empirical implies that the evidence be, observable, repeatable, measurable and falsifiable." I proceed to do so at length, starting with two short clips of a christian biologist describing evolutionary predictions in genetics and the fossil record which had the potential, if wrong, to disprove the idea of common ancestry.

His response? He refused to watch the videos.

This forum is a lie. It's a place to make pretend things are how you want them to be and ignore or literally block out anything that contradicts that. Just like conservapedia or godandscience.org or any of a hundred cloistered creationist websites.

As the expression goes, that which grows in the shadows, but withers in the light of day does not belong on the vine.

I don't see the point of this rant. This is their forum and their rules. The rules are slanted in their favor....from our point of view. If you don't like it...then don't post. That way they can say they caused another evilutionist to leave because that evilutionist could not stand up to their logic.

Some people will be reasonable and some won't. The people that are reasonable today may not be reasonable tomorrow. The creationists here may have more leeway to be rude from your point of view. However, that is not from their point of view and their point of view is what counts in so far as the determination of who is following the rules and who is not. Making accusations about the forum and what it allows, will only get you banned...I've watched it happen a number of times.

Stop being a whiner. Posted Image Show some discipline. Learn about each poster and don't let them push your buttons.
  • gilbo12345, Salsa and Bonedigger like this

#3 agnophilo123

agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I don't see the point of this rant. This is their forum and their rules. The rules are slanted in their favor....from our point of view. If you don't like it...then don't post. That way they can say they caused another evilutionist to leave because that evilutionist could not stand up to their logic.

Some people will be reasonable and some won't. The people that are reasonable today may not be reasonable tomorrow. The creationists here may have more leeway to be rude from your point of view. However, that is not from their point of view and their point of view is what counts in so far as the determination of who is following the rules and who is not. Making accusations about the forum and what it allows, will only get you banned...I've watched it happen a number of times.

Stop being a whiner. Posted Image Show some discipline. Learn about each poster and don't let them push your buttons.

You're arguing that I have no grounds for objective morality one minute, then defending the uneven application of rules, hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty the next.

If that's an objective understanding of right and wrong, you can keep it all to yourself.

#4 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5795 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

You're arguing that I have no grounds for objective morality one minute, then defending the uneven application of rules, hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty the next.

If that's an objective understanding of right and wrong, you can keep it all to yourself.

I have yet to see an atheist board that is kinder to the Christian than this board is to the Atheist...

Honestly many of them allow the spewing of ad hominems, obscenities etc... Down right slander and use of logical fallacies as "debate tactics".. Here we try and keep the logical fallacies to a minimum, in fact we help out by pointing them out to you Posted Image and you can do the same when we do the same.. However if you do have a problem then report the post, and write about what was wrong (only valid things like slander, swearing etc).

In fact FSDT is dedicated to ripping on religious people... Is there such a thing for ripping on atheists?

Perhaps consider cleaning your own backyard before complaining about your neighbours Posted Image

(Or is this an example of what Tirian said about subjective morals where, its ok for one to do something, until it happens to them ;) )

Additionally Jonas is correct in that like them or not these are the forum rules. Every single person is biased, (even you), so why complain about one of the tribulations of life? We cannot hope to be 100% unbiased however we can try and be more accomodating than the other forums already mentioned.
  • Salsa likes this

#5 agnophilo123

agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I have yet to see an atheist board that is kinder to the Christian than this board is to the Atheist...

Honestly many of them allow the spewing of ad hominems, obscenities etc... Down right slander and use of logical fallacies as "debate tactics".. Here we try and keep the logical fallacies to a minimum, in fact we help out by pointing them out to you Posted Image and you can do the same when we do the same.. However if you do have a problem then report the post, and write about what was wrong (only valid things like slander, swearing etc).

In fact FSDT is dedicated to ripping on religious people... Is there such a thing for ripping on atheists?

Perhaps consider cleaning your own backyard before complaining about your neighbours Posted Image

(Or is this an example of what Tirian said about subjective morals where, its ok for one to do something, until it happens to them Posted Image )

Additionally Jonas is correct in that like them or not these are the forum rules. Every single person is biased, (even you), so why complain about one of the tribulations of life? We cannot hope to be 100% unbiased however we can try and be more accomodating than the other forums already mentioned.

So after being told I have no valid basis for objective morals and how you all do so far one christian is defending all manner of dishonesty and hypocrisy outright and the other is engaging in the "we killed one person but that's not wrong because that guy over there killed ten people" brand of moral relativism.

So much for objective morality. Now something's only wrong if you do it worse than anybody else in the entire world, if that.

I'm sorry, but neither of you has the right to lecture an atheist about objective morality ever again.

Truth is truth, honesty is honesty and fairness is fairness. And by the way I went over to the FSTDT forums (never been there before but thanks for the "you people"-type remarks) and read a few topics and while there is 4-chan type rudeness that is common anywhere there is not intense censorship, the only "ripping" I saw in my albeit brief sampling was fierce ripping on peoples' ideas, not them personally. Which there is nothing wrong with.

#6 jonas5877

jonas5877

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Salisbury, MD

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

I am not defending anything, just stating how things are. I have not stated if it is right or wrong.

#7 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5795 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

So after being told I have no valid basis for objective morals and how you all do so far one christian is defending all manner of dishonesty and hypocrisy outright and the other is engaging in the "we killed one person but that's not wrong because that guy over there killed ten people" brand of moral relativism.

So much for objective morality. Now something's only wrong if you do it worse than anybody else in the entire world, if that.

I'm sorry, but neither of you has the right to lecture an atheist about objective morality ever again.

Truth is truth, honesty is honesty and fairness is fairness. And by the way I went over to the FSTDT forums (never been there before but thanks for the "you people"-type remarks) and read a few topics and while there is 4-chan type rudeness that is common anywhere there is not intense censorship, the only "ripping" I saw in my albeit brief sampling was fierce ripping on peoples' ideas, not them personally. Which there is nothing wrong with.

I was saying that its hypocritical of you to complain about this forum when atheist forums do much much worse, hence the quote

"Perhaps consider cleaning your own backyard before complaining about your neighbours Posted Image"

You mustn't have looked very hard at FSTDT, (or not at all) since the entire site is one ad hominem after another, (which by the way are logical fallacies).

Also was admitting that everyone is biased, even me and yourself so if a Christian forum is slightly biased towards Christians that is to be expected.

However at the end of the day you agreed to the rules of this forum, no-one forced you to

#8 agnophilo123

agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

I am not defending anything, just stating how things are. I have not stated if it is right or wrong.

Just that you see no point in arguing for fairness, consistency and intellectual honesty.

#9 agnophilo123

agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

I was saying that its hypocritical of you to complain about this forum when atheist forums do much much worse, hence the quote

"Perhaps consider cleaning your own backyard before complaining about your neighbours Posted Image"

You mustn't have looked very hard at FSTDT, (or not at all) since the entire site is one ad hominem after another, (which by the way are logical fallacies).

Also was admitting that everyone is biased, even me and yourself so if a Christian forum is slightly biased towards Christians that is to be expected.

However at the end of the day you agreed to the rules of this forum, no-one forced you to

I'm not complaining that I have to follow the rules, I'm pointing out that (and why) nobody else does.

And some random anti-fundamentalist website I've never been to is not "my backyard" any more than a random black person would be my best friend if I were black. Blaming me for what other atheists do is no different than blaming one black person for what some other black person does or me blaming you for the holocaust because hitler espoused christian beliefs. It's bigotry, pure and simple.

Another thing nobody around here apparently has any problem with.

#10 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5795 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'm not complaining that I have to follow the rules, I'm pointing out that (and why) nobody else does.

And some random anti-fundamentalist website I've never been to is not "my backyard" any more than a random black person would be my best friend if I were black. Blaming me for what other atheists do is no different than blaming one black person for what some other black person does or me blaming you for the holocaust because hitler espoused christian beliefs. It's bigotry, pure and simple.

Another thing nobody around here apparently has any problem with.

Did I ever blame you? Just pointing out the hypocritical position you have dug yourself into. You claim this forum as unfair and biased, and in some ways it may well be, however as I have made clear to you this forum is much more tolerant than atheist ones. For example, you ahve continually made sweeping claims about Christians which none of us have made, no moderator has brought you up on that, you made three slanderous accusations in one post I recently replied to, etc.

You're attitude and posting ability here does you no favours when you want to debate how this forum is biased, you are giving them a reason to do what you are complaining about and kick you off, is that what you want?

#11 agnophilo123

agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Did I ever blame you? Just pointing out the hypocritical position you have dug yourself into. You claim this forum as unfair and biased, and in some ways it may well be, however as I have made clear to you this forum is much more tolerant than atheist ones. For example, you ahve continually made sweeping claims about Christians which none of us have made, no moderator has brought you up on that, you made three slanderous accusations in one post I recently replied to, etc.

You're attitude and posting ability here does you no favours when you want to debate how this forum is biased, you are giving them a reason to do what you are complaining about and kick you off, is that what you want?

The actions of other people I don't know, have never met and have no influence over do not make me racist. Your inability to distinguish between one atheist and another does however make you a bigot.

As for my "sweeping claims about christians", quote them please.

#12 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5795 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

The actions of other people I don't know, have never met and have no influence over do not make me racist. Your inability to distinguish between one atheist and another does however make you a bigot.

As for my "sweeping claims about christians", quote them please.

I never accused you of anything, so you're merely demonstrating you confusion...
Which for some reason you think is a valid argument?...

Here you are making slanderous claims, claiming I said things when I actually said the opposite, which you have refused to admit you are wrong (after I posted a quote of what I said and showed you where you were wrong), instead you claimed this was "quibling semantics"... If quoting someone correctly is semantics then I want to know where you got your intellectual honesty from...
http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=86798

"Sorry, wrong video. Apparently the one where he refutes the video and shows multiple different deceptively edited versions of it from youtube has been deleted, probably due to false copyright claims by creationists. "
http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=86840

You have no evidence to believe that the video was removed due to Creationist intervention, hence your claims are totally unfounded...Even if its common that Creationists do this, (and from what I hear Atheists are just as bad), you cannot claim as you did that this particular video was removed due to Creationists, since you have no evidence for such a thing and thus cannot verify it.

"Another problem you run into is that even if morality is authoritarian and god's will is "the" morality, how do you account for all the stuff in scripture (even in the new testament) nobody in this forum wants to follow? "
http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=86600

As I replied, since you are new you do not know everyone on this forum so how can you believe you have the evidence to state such a thing? Unless you feel that you don't need evidence for you claims, (don't worry its a common thing we see with evolutionists here).

"I'm not going to bother with you since you still refuse to look at evidence presented, but I will contradict your lie about dawkins just because I do not like lies."
http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=86837

At this point, when you posted I have replied to all your posts (some would say that I have been overzealous), therefore the grounds on which you claim I refuse to look at evidence is shifting sand... My refutation of the "evidence" doesn't mean I have ignored it, it merely shows that I disagree, people are allowed to disagree with you.....

I never made any lie about Dawkins, I stated that he was unable to demonstrate an evolutionary mechanism that creates NEW information, and I provided a video as evidence of that. How can you claim I was lying when I provided a video with Dawkins being unable to answer the question, and then giving a response which had nothing to do with the question....

Additionally with your wanting to "not bother" with me, you are admitting that YOU do not want to hear the counter-evidence against your claims. This has occured time and again, and was the cause of you claiming "quibling semantics" when I presented evidence that showed that you were wrong, you bluntly refused to discuss it... As I have said elsewhere, this is called denial.

There are many more, however quite frankly I don't want to waste my time trying to track them all down, chances are that you wont reply to this post, or will merely cherry pick something I may have said incorrectly and use that as a spring board to claim its all wrong. I say this because you've done it before (the "quibling semantics" thing and others)...

#13 agnophilo123

agnophilo123

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I meant to say a hypocrite, not racist*

#14 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5795 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I meant to say a hypocrite, not racist*

And?

Any comments about the claims you have made? Does this not demonstrate that your complaints about this forum are null and void... In fact I have no idea what you are complaining about, what wrongdoings have the mods done to you? I'm interested to hear..

#15 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5795 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

As with the above few posts I see a common trend, atheists come here thinking they'd find meek sheep, only to find that the flock has barbed wire wool lol :-)

As we saw Agnophilo didn't want to hold himself, or any of his.fellow atheist sites to the same standards he wanted for Christian sites. Even to the point he's claim people who disagreed and gave counter evidence were ignorant of the evidence despite his own claims of not wanting to discuss where he was wrong, (apparently that is quibbling semantics).

#16 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

As with the above few posts I see a common trend, atheists come here thinking they'd find meek sheep, only to find that the flock has barbed wire wool lol :-) As we saw Agnophilo didn't want to hold himself, or any of his.fellow atheist sites to the same standards he wanted for Christian sites. Even to the point he's claim people who disagreed and gave counter evidence were ignorant of the evidence despite his own claims of not wanting to discuss where he was wrong, (apparently that is quibbling semantics).

Right. and his banning was just.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users