Photo

Anyone Have A Good Question For A Biology Teacher?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 usafjay1976

usafjay1976

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Creation, Air Force, Traveling, Cooking, Movies
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • New Jersey

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

My son goes to a public school, he's a freshman this year. He's learning about evolution of course. I would like to give him a question he can take to his teacher and see how the teacher answers it.

Does anyone have a good question that could make the teacher scratch his head? I don't want anything mind blowing or too deep as I would like to discuss it with my son, but something solid for a good discussion.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks guys!

#2 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2000 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

My son goes to a public school, he's a freshman this year. He's learning about evolution of course. I would like to give him a question he can take to his teacher and see how the teacher answers it. Does anyone have a good question that could make the teacher scratch his head? I don't want anything mind blowing or too deep as I would like to discuss it with my son, but something solid for a good discussion. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks guys!

My suggestion, usafjay...have him ask, 'has life ever been observed coming from non-living matter?"

Best wishes, friend.

#3 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Or perhaps ask for the mechanisms of such since the teacher could evade by saying that it occured so long ago with specific conditions which do not occur now

That is what I'd ask, since if he / she doesn't know the mechanisms then how could he / she say if it occured or not?

#4 usafjay1976

usafjay1976

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Creation, Air Force, Traveling, Cooking, Movies
  • Christian
  • New Jersey

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hey Calypsis and Gilbo,

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm assuming his response to 'has life ever been observed coming from non-living matter?' will be "no". I like the 'what were the mechanisms in place to make life possible' question. This might take a few days to get to the teacher. I will keep this thread active with replies I receive. Posted Image

#5 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hey Calypsis and Gilbo, Thanks for the responses guys. I'm assuming his response to 'has life ever been observed coming from non-living matter?' will be "no". I like the 'what were the mechanisms in place to make life possible' question. This might take a few days to get to the teacher. I will keep this thread active with replies I receive. Posted Image

No worries. Asking for the mechanism forces the evolutionist to consider HOW evolution would occur at the Biochemical level, the unfortunate thing for them is that when they do so they'd be inundated with the problem of complexity as well as considering how evolution would work within natural law and prerogatives, ( the nature of chirality of molecules pretty much debunks DNA / RNA / Protein evolution from subunits ). Additionally it stops them from going all hypothetical and proposing a just-so-story to fill in the gap, (Evolution of the Gaps, anyone?)...

#6 Kristof

Kristof

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Art, Video Games, Basketball.
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I only wish I could go back to highschool.
And ask the teacher why all these fraudulent evidence for evolution is in our textbooks.
http://www.bible.ca/...tbook-fraud.htm

#7 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I only wish I could go back to highschool. And ask the teacher why all these fraudulent evidence for evolution is in our textbooks. http://www.bible.ca/...tbook-fraud.htm

I'm the same, though my high school was a private catholic based school, we were taught it but I believe we were told right at the start that there are some problems with it, though that could be something else?

#8 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2000 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

I only wish I could go back to highschool. And ask the teacher why all these fraudulent evidence for evolution is in our textbooks. http://www.bible.ca/...tbook-fraud.htm

They would just respond by giving you a hollow 'Are you kidding me?' glance and then ask you "What fradulent evidence'? Most of them can't even grasp that they have been deceived.

#9 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

My suggestion, usafjay...have him ask, 'has life ever been observed coming from non-living matter?" Best wishes, friend.

Or ask first: "Is there a principle difference between vital organisms and non-living matter?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users