Photo

Do Evolutionists Really Imagine It This Way?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 xdisciplex

xdisciplex

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Germany

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

Hi! :)
I just saw this here:

http://www.evolution...com/flight1.htm

:D

This is hilarious.
Do evolutionists really believe that changes happen this way?
That for example flies first of all did not know that they have to fly away when something is coming fast their way. So the first flies always got mangled. And then over the time the flies finally started realizing that flying away to get out of the way of objects which are coming nearer at a high speed is a good thing and then they somehow "saved" this information as instinct on their genes? Is this how they imagine it? :lol:

#2 xdisciplex

xdisciplex

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Germany

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:05 AM

Evolutionists which see this claim that we simply do not understand evolution this is why we make fun of it.
Do we really not understand what they mean or is it exactly the way they mean it?

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2471 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:28 PM

Evolutionists which see this claim that we simply do not understand evolution this is why we make fun of it.
Do we really not understand what they mean or is it exactly the way they mean it?

View Post

While the flavor of the site is to satirically mock evolution, the flight series captures the plethora of stories I have actually heard from evolutionists on how flight evolved.

Fred

#4 Springer

Springer

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Kalamazoo, MI

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

Have you ever noticed that there is a conspicuous lack of illustration of functional intermediates in, for example the depiction of the evolution of flight? I have made the challenge on this forum to illustrate five or six bat precursors. The reason no illustrations are provided is because they would be laughable.
Evolutionists prefer to speak in vague generalities and totally ignore the fatal roadblocks which one must leap over to swallow the notion that complex adaptations developed gradually through natural selection.

#5 xdisciplex

xdisciplex

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Germany

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:37 PM

Do you think evolutionists lie on purpose simply to be more convincing?

#6 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

This is hilarious.

I have to admit that our Fred William has a talent for humour.

Do evolutionists really believe that changes happen this way?

No, of course not.

That for example flies first of all did not know that they have to fly away when something is coming fast their way. So the first flies always got mangled. And then over the time the flies finally started realizing that flying away to get out of the way of objects which are coming nearer at a high speed is a good thing and then they somehow "saved" this information as instinct on their genes? Is this how they imagine it?

No, of course not.

The ability to fly, like any other ability does not come from a preconceived wish to fly, else pigs would fly yes?

Evolution is not something planned, it happens because our DNA does not replicate perfectly and that S@xual reproduction introduces vast chances for difference. That’s all that is needed, the rest is just a weeding out process competing for limited recourses.

#7 xdisciplex

xdisciplex

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Germany

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:07 AM

@ chance

So you really believe that something like the human eye came about through chance and selection? Come on. :lol:
This is ridiculous. :D :)

#8 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

So you really believe that something like the human eye came about through chance and selection? Come on.  This is ridiculous

The eye, or any feature, came about by evolution, (i.e. mutation, then selective pressure), that’s what the evidence suggests. Calling it ridiculous, suggests you have a reason to call it ridiculous. Do you find the ridiculous aspect of evolution to be one where you can’t imagine such a thing is possible, or that you dispute some aspect of the science?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users