Photo

Is It Okay For A Christian To Watch This?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xdisciplex

xdisciplex

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Germany

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:22 AM

I found this muslim site here. They have great videos for creation.
I watched one of them it was about the cell.
But in the end the make advertisement for Allah using quran quotes.When I saw this I stopped watching. Can a christian watch these videos which support creation or not?

http://www.harunyahy...video_index.htm

#2 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

The problem with ID creation is that it does not point at any specific creation being. It can be anyone from Satan to Allah. In fact, some scientist are starting to go this direction because it allows them to admit to an intelligence without admitting to God. I believe through ID, universalism, and scientology. That science will become a religion of sorts for those who wish to have something they can fill holes and gaps with, that persist to be in every theory. I believe that natural selection will turn into intelligent being that makes the selection. After all, natural selection does not apply to every animal as far as how it works.

These ideas will be science's "way" of saying "God did it" without God (as to say ID did it instead). This is why they don't like us using the term because they are moving into the direction of doing the same thing. For you can choose any intelligent being you want, except God. You could actually claim that Darwin did it, because he is considered an intelligent being by science.

Universalism is:

Universalism is the teaching that all people will be saved.  Some say that it is through the atonement of Jesus that all will ultimately be reconciled to God.  Others just say that all will go to heaven sooner or later, whether or not they have trusted in or rejected Jesus as savior during their lifetime.  This universal redemption will be realized in the future where God will bring all people to repentance.  This repentance can happen while a person lives or after he has died and lived again in the millennium (as some "Christian universalists" claim) or some future state.  Additionally, a few universalists even maintain that Satan and all demons will likewise be reconciled to God.

Reference: http://www.carm.org/...niversalism.htm

If you would like to see how the belief of universalism attacks the christian faith, watch this movie: Universalism. It's in windows media format.

As you watch this, I want you to notice how the Christian faith is continually put into the same category as the Islamic faith. Then notice how the film also uses 911, and implies that Christians had something to do with it. And to step on those who died to prove a point that is not true, is disgusting. Then how in the next part, science is glorified as the better way. To become a way, you have to become a religion. And the reason the word "way" is used, is because of this verse:

jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So as you can see, science becomes a religion through faiths that allow the teachings of science to become it's core to it's belief. So much so they would glorify science to this extent.

What does science have to say about this? I hear no complaints. And you know why? Because God is not a factor when Intelligent Design (ID) is used.

Can a christian watch these videos which support creation or not?

In the Christian belief, God gives us all that we have through blessings. If we take our blessings and buy what promotes another god, this can be considered idol worship. Because money that should be used for other things, is now supporting things of another religion, and another god. Everything that Islam does, and pushes now becomes part of you because you buy and your money now supports them. Even all that they do with terrorism. How would you like to be able to track where your actual money goes when you buy films? What if you found out that it was used to buy something that killed someone, or several people? You would not feel good would you?

This is why it is best to stay away from this. Now, if your able to watch the movies for free, then your faith has to be strongly set into a good foundation. Strong enough not to be swayed. If you are new in Christ, I would not suggest you do this. If it's for research, and it does not make you question God of the bible, then I would say: proceed with caution.

But if it includes giving, which is also considered supporting, money to see such films. Then I would have to say "no".

There are many creation films you can get over the internet. I can leave links for you so you can go see. We can even suggest some that we have already seen that are good teaching tools.

Also, since creation has been pushed out of schools. And ID looks like it may have a chance to get in. Can you see where through ID that other religions can be pushed? This will probably get Islam taught in our schools. Because if ID gets in, it does not mean that the God of the bible follows, as some would lead you to believe. That site you left the link to is a perfect example of this. For I doubt that eny evolutionist will have anything to complain about with Islam teaching creation, for your post has been up for a couple of days. It's only when God of the bible creation is taught.

#3 The Debatinator

The Debatinator

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

It also depends on how much of their conclusions to their observations are based on Qur'an quotes, but I don't think that would be a real issue anyways. ID evidence is ID evidence.

#4 lwj2op2

lwj2op2

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Country, friends.<br />Apologetics, though not well versed.<br />Health, running, bike riding, outdoors.<br />Divorced (by my wife) father of four-23s, 20d, 18s &amp; 13s.<br />Remarried 2 more kiddos 6d, 4s<br />River Boat Captain about 16 years on the Colorado.<br />Power Plant operator at a Geothermal site, just past 5 years.
  • Christian
  • Ridgecrest, California

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:59 PM

I have not but may view the videos if there is no charge, based on my finances more than where the money may be used. Research into Creation is useful and if the Muslims are able to do so I will watch their results. We cannot allow ourselves to argue that only Christians are able to answer origin questions.
Current political arguments have often brought up the question of Muslim beliefs vs. Christian. The question is the same as Judaism vs. Christian beliefs. The origin of these three “Religions” is the same. I was challenged in the past regarding posting the Ten Commandments. My argument was that our nation was established with great regard for (if not ruled by) the Commandments. The evasive counter was what I’d do if the Muslims want to post their God’s Commandments. I said I would help them hang the document. My opposition did not know that they are from same text as mine (ORIGINALLY). But here is cause for concern. The similarity of the three religions’ origin could allow an uneducated Christian easy conversion between them. Muslims were Jews until Abraham. Christians were Jews until Christ. There is still great similarity between Judaism and Christianity but little similarity to the Muslim texts “Religion” now.

#5 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

I went back and looked, you can download most of the videos. I tried to watch, but when they quoted bible verses and started replacing God with Allah, I just turned it off.

#6 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

I found this muslim site here. They have great videos for creation.
I watched one of them it was about the cell.
But in the end the make advertisement for Allah using quran quotes.When I saw this I stopped watching. Can a christian watch these videos which support creation or not?

http://www.harunyahy...video_index.htm

View Post

I have no problem going to any site, or reading any book on these subjects. In this way, I know how to answer lies levied against my world view. I’ve recently (abound six or seven months ago) read “Misquoting Jesus” by Bart Ehreman. I kept notes in the margins about his mistakes, presuppositions, omissions and out-and-out lies…. This way, when a skeptic tries to use his attacks against the truth, I have answers at the ready…

Don’t get me wrong, I won’t go to a P*rn site to study for an argument. I’m talking about legitimate material to study…

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

I have no problem going to any site, or reading any book on these subjects. In this way, I know how to answer lies levied against my world view. I’ve recently (abound six or seven months ago) read “Misquoting Jesus” by Bart Ehreman.  I kept notes in the margins about his mistakes, presuppositions, omissions and out-and-out lies…. This way, when a skeptic tries to use his attacks against the truth, I have answers at the ready…
Don’t get me wrong, I won’t go to a P*rn site to study for an argument. I’m talking about legitimate material to study…

View Post

de_skudd,

This is a tough issue because I regularly run into opposition from well-meaning believers who think even being aware of the lies is paramount to knowing them. The Bible often uses knowing in very intimate terms and is often overlooked to justify not having answers. That's my opinion.

I have used your above P*rn example myself to qualify the difference between knowing evil and being aware of evil. If I want to righteously be aware of P*rn I will go to the testimony of Shelley Lubbin. If I want to justify my sin, I'll look at P*rn and say I'm doing "personal research". :rolleyes:

I have also been chided for a call to interact with cult members on a personal and challenging level but I offer the following example. I will gladly witness to cult members at my home or on their turf. I would be disobeying God if I joined a Free Mason lodge by going through the rituals to 'get on the inside'. At that point I would be dancing with the Devil. However, studying the rituals, especially through the eyes of someone who is a Christian and understanding the lies is good discipleship practice.

Last time I checked we are to be in the world and not of the world. Paul spent half the New Testament making examples of bad beliefs and bad practices. How could he have done this if he wasn't aware of the evil around him?

The Dangers are ever present but that's why we need the whole armor of God and not be deceived into believing we can do it on our own. I would say this is the primary cause of what we see as backsliding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users