Rules for the Life Science Prize
1. The evolutionist puts $10,000 in escrow with the judge.
2. The creationist puts $10,000 in escrow with the judge.
3. If the evolutionist proves evolution is science and creation is religion, then the evolutionist is awarded the $20,000.
4. If the creationist proves creation is science and evolution is religion, then the creationist is awarded the $20,000.
5. Evidence must be scientific, that is, objective, valid, reliable and calibrated.
6. The preponderance of evidence prevails.
7. At the end of the trial, the judge hands the prevailing party both checks.
8. The judge is a superior court judge.
9. The venue is a courthouse.
And he has personally challenged these people.
Debate Dodgers List as of November 2004.
A debate dodger is a creation basher who declines Ã¢â‚¬Å“to put money where the mouth is.Ã¢â‚¬Â
This list is kept by public school creationist, Mr. Karl Priest (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Dr. Massimo Pigliucci. Atheist and science professor, Tennessee University. (3-11-02)
2. Mr. Andre H. Artus. Atheist. No credentials provided.
3. Mr. Lee Bowen. Atheist. No credentials provided.
4. Dr. Angela Ridgel. Geneticist, Case Western Reserve University.
5. Mr. Dan Radmacher. Editorial page editor, Charleston Gazette.
6. Dr. James Paulson. Biochemist, University of Wisconsin.
7. Dr. Lawrence Krauss. Physicist, Case Western University.
8. Dr. Dennis D. Hirsch. Law professor, Capital University.
9. Mr. John Rennie. Editor, Scientific American. Author of Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢
10. Dr. Barbara Forrest. Professor of philosophy at Southeastern Louisiana.
11. Dr. Steve Rissing. Professor in the Department of Evolution at Ohio State University.
12. 12. Dr. Eugenie Scott. Executive Director of the National Center for Science Education,
misnamed National Center for Anti-Science Indoctrination.
13. Dr. Michael Shermer. Founder/director of the Skeptics Society.
14. Dr. Richard Dawkins. Oxford University, Professor of Public Understanding of Science.
15. Dr. Francisco J. Ayala. Donald Bren Professor of Biological Sciences, Dept. of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Professor of Philosophy, School of Humanities, University of California, Irvine.
16. Dr. Joe Meert, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Florida.
17. Dr. Kenneth R. Miller. Professor of Biology, Brown University.
18. Dr. Lawrence S. Lerner. Professor Emeritus of Physics and Astronomy, California State University, Long Beach, author of Good Science, Bad Science: Teaching Evolution in the States, which was published in 2000 by the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation (http://www.edexcellence.net).
19. Dr. Adrian L. Melott. Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Fellow, American Physical Society.
20. Dr. Stephen W. Hawking. Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, Cambridge University.
21. Marilyn vos Savant. Listed in the Guinness Book of World Records Hall of Fame for " Highest IQ."
22. Dr. Douglas Theobald, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder, claims to have "29+ Evidences for Macroevolution" which establishes "The Scientific Case for Common Descent."
23. Dr. Keith Carmichael. Chemical Engineer-DOW (retired).
24. Dr. Daniel C. Dennett. Austin B. Fletcher Professor of Philosophy, Tufts University.
25. Dr. Peter Atkins. Chemistry, Oxford University, England.
26. Dr. Michael Ruse. Lucyle T. Werkmeister Professor of Philosophy, Florida State University.
27. Dr. Steven W. Squyres. Professor of Astronomy, Cornell University, and leading NASA
scientist in the search for extra-terrestrial life.
28. Dr. Wilfred A. Elders. Professor Emeritus of Geology, University of California, Riverside.
29. Mr. Bill Nye. The Science Guy.
30. Dr. William Provine. Professor of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Cornell University.
31. Mr. Ed Blayton. Internet evolutionism activist.
32. Dr. Marshall Berman. Former New Mexico SBE member and Sandia physicist.
33. Ms. Amanda Chesworth. Former president of Internet Infidels, leader of the Committee for
the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal Young Skeptics, CSICOPYS, and
crusader for establishing a Darwin Day.
34. Dr. Michael Zimmerman. Dean of the College of Letters and Science, Professor of Biology, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, ecologist, newspaper columnist, Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
35. Mrs.Sharon Begley. Science Editor of the The Wall Street Journal, formerly Senior Editor at Newsweek magazine for 25 years.
36. Dr. Brian Leiter. Joseph D. Jamail Centennial Chair in Law, Professor of Philosophy, and Director of the Law & Philosophy Program, University of Texas.
37. Dr. John H. Marburger, III. Science Adviser to the President and Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy.
38. Chairman Professor Urban Ungerstedt, Deputy Chairman Professor Sten Grillner, Secretary Professor Hans Jornvall. Nobel Prize Assembly, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
39. Dr. Ernst Mayr, Alexander Agassiz Professor of Zoology, Emeritus. Harvard University.
40. Mr. Richard Carrier. Secular Web editor, Ph. D. candidate. Columbia University.
41. Dr. Edward O. Wilson. Pellegrino University Research Professor. Harvard University.
42. Dr. John F. Haught. Thomas Healey Professor of Theology. Georgetown University.
43. Dr. John S. Lemberger, University of Wisconsin Madison, Graduate Program Coordinator, Science/Environmental Education
44. Dr. Richard G. Colling. Science Professor, Olivet Nazarene University, Author of Random Designer: Created from Chaos to Connect with Creator. (Theistic evolutionist).
45. Dr. Darrel R. Falk. Science Professor, Point Loma Nazarene University, Author of Coming to Peace With Science. (Theistic evolutionist)
46. Rev. Barry W. Lynn. Executive Director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State. Led the evolutionists in the William Buckley Firing Line Debate on Creation vs Evolution, December 19, 1997.
47. Dr. Wesley R. Elsberry. Information Project Director and a featured speaker for the National Center for Science Education, misnamed National Center for Anti-Science Indoctrination.
48. Mr. Eric Hildeman. Author of Creationism: The Bible Says No!, which he claims " marks the beginning of the end for creationism in America".
49. Rev. Lenny Flank. Creator of "Creation 'Science' Debunked"
http://www.geocities.com/lflank. He claims that Creation Scientists represent "the single greatest threat to freedom and democracy in the United States today."
50. Dr. Greg Forbes. Course Director for the National Science Foundation's Chautauqua course on evolution & evolution education for college & university professors. He also serves on the Editorial Board of Skeptic Magazine.
51. Counselor Pedro L. Irigonegaray. Kansas attorney for the evolutionists on the Kansas State Board of Education. In court in Topeka, Kansas, from May 5 to 7, 2005, 17 Ph.D.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s testified that scientific evidence supported Intelligent Design whereas the evolutionists completely defaulted because, like their attorney, they had no scientific evidence.
52. Edward T. Babinski. B. S. biology. His website is, "From Young Earth Creationist to Evolutionist: Your friendly neighborhood "anti-christian's" intellectual journey.Ã¢â‚¬Â
53. Dr. Larry Mai. Assistant Professor Anthropology and Biology, California State University, Long Beach.
54. Dr. Richard Benson. Academic Dean, St. JohnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Seminary, Camarillo, CA.
55. James Randi. Educational foundation expert on paranormal, pseudoscientific and supernatural, except as they apply to evolution.
56. Barry Hearn. Junk Science blogger.
57. Bishop John Shelby Spong. Christianity for the Third Millennium.
He has also challenged organizations that defend evolution.
Organizations, Departments, Universities
All members were challenged.
1. Case Western Reserve University. Entire faculty via 15 department heads.
2. American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
3. National Center for Science Education, Ã¢â‚¬Å“StevesÃ¢â‚¬Â Group.
4. West Virginia University. Seventeen (17) signatories of a secret letter attempting to influence the
West Virginia Board of Education to censor any criticism of evolution..
5. Marshall University. About 60 faculty members of the School of Science.
6. California State University, Long Beach. College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
7. University of California, Irvine. Eleven of the professors of evolutionism.
8. Oxford University (England) All identified professors of evolution.
9. American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
10. National Science Teachers Association (NSTA). Over 40 officials. Spokesman, Dr. Gerald F.
Wheeler, Executive Director, admitted that evolution never existed.
11. Seven presidents of various geological societies that sought the censorship of a Young Earth Creation Grand Canyon book in a 16 December letter to Grand Canyon National Park: William I. Ausich (Paleontological Society), Robert E. Dickinson (American Geophysical Union), Cathryn A. Manduca (National Association of Geoscience Teachers), John C. Steinmetz (Association of American State Geologists), Hans-Dieter Sues (Society for Vertebrate Paleontology), Barbara J. Tewksbury (American Geological Institute), and Robert van der Voo (Geological Society of America).
12. American Institute of Biological Sciences, Dr. Joel Cracraft, President, and Dr. Richard O'Grady, Executive Director.
13. National Association of Biology Teachers (Wayne Carley, Executive Director; Cheryl Merrill, Managing Editor, American Biology Teacher).
14. Society for Neuroscience (organization of basic scientists and physicians who study the brain and nervous system)
15. Nobel Prize Assembly, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
16. Wisconsin Society of Science Teachers. All of the Board Members (N=12) were challenged.
17. York College of Pennsylvania. Nine (9) signatories to a letter pressuring the Dover, PA School Board to censor criticism of evolution and to censor Intelligent Design.
18. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. 36 signatories to a letter pressuring the Dover, PA School Board to censor criticism of evolution and to censor Intelligent Design.
19. Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. Dr. Christian Semper, Director; Mr. Randall Kremer, Public Affairs Director; Lucy Dorrick, Associate Director for Development and Special Events.
About the challenger:
Joseph Mastropaolo has a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. in kinesiology and a Post-Doctoral Research
Fellowship in human physiology. As Aerospace Physiologist for Douglas Space Systems, he published two monographs on life in space, one for humans and one for experimental animals. He taught biomechanics and physiology at California State University, Long Beach for 26 years and was the physiologist for the Gossamer Condor and Albatross human powered flight projects which earned a medal in physiology from the Royal Aeronautical Society for the Kremer cross channel challenge.
He also has 22 peer viewed papers that have been printed in several science magazines.
Joseph Mastropaolo is now going on t.v. with his challenge. I have already seen him twice on t.v. putting up 10,000 dollars to anyone who will go up against him in court. I believe he is going to t.v. because if he can't get anyone to do this, he will embarrass science and their pet theory, until they do.
Could it be that the evolutionist are afraid that this guy will prove evolution wrong? Evolutionist are always complaining that creationist are stupid and uneducated. Therefore boring to debate. Now we have one who is very smart and very well educated. And they all run for the hills. I don't get it.
Will anyone go up against this guy?