• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

Welcome back everyone!

The new forum is just about ready, so feel free to register for access at your convenience. We will open the forum for posting shortly, but I wanted to give Admin3 a chance to look over all the security settings. As soon as it is ready we will post an announcement.

We again apologize for the inconvenience of losing all your posts after the recent hack incident. We were able to retrieve many of the posts using the old version, but our latest backup file was corrupt so we could only go back to around Feb 15th. We also had problems preserving these older posts in our upgrade to the latest version of Invision Board (v2.0). Since we felt this upgrade was essential, we decided to move forward and start from scratch. We plan on being more diligent in backing the database regularly in the event of another hack attack.

Not only is the new version far more secure, I think you will also find it is much more user and viewer friendly. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Sincerely,
Fred Williams

#2 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:07 PM

Sorry to see your forum was hacked Fred.

You might like to post an announcement for the old member of the need to re register. I fumbled around trying to figure out what I had to do to get back in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users