Springer

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Kalamazoo, MI

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

I've tried to get this question answered on a couple of different threads but have had no success.
I'm completely baffled as to how someone could be a theistic evolutionist. If someone believes in God but does not see any evidence of His existence, i.e., believes in Darwinism, then on what is he basing his belief in God? I'm just not getting it!

#2 Oxytocin

Oxytocin

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • New York

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:43 PM

I've tried to get this question answered on a couple of different threads but have had no success. 
I'm completely baffled as to how someone could be a theistic evolutionist. If someone believes in God but does not see any evidence of His existence, i.e., believes in Darwinism, then on what is he basing his belief in God?  I'm just not getting it!

View Post

The whole point of faith is that it does not require evidence. Plus, there is also historical evidence for Jesus's existence.

#3 Guest_92g_*

Guest_92g_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

The whole point of faith is that it does not require evidence.

Faith is a transitive verb, and it requires an object to complete its meaning.

Plus, there is also historical evidence for Jesus's existence.

The Lord validated the Old Testament, including Genesis, and the Flood several times. If he was wrong about Genesis and the Flood, then he is not God. If he's not God, then you have nothing to rest your faith on.

You implied in your introduction that you believe that "emperical" science supports goo-to-you evolution. That means that death and struggle existed before the fall of Adam. Everything that the Bible teaches about Christ and sin is nullified if you believe death existed before the fall of Adam.

How can you reconcile these things?

Terry

#4 Springer

Springer

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Kalamazoo, MI

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

The whole point of faith is that it does not require evidence. Plus, there is also historical evidence for Jesus's existence.

View Post

You just said that faith doesn't require evidence, ... then in the same breath gave evidence of your faith (Jesus's existence).
So you're telling me that you believe in God but see no evidence of His existence?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users