Does Global Warming Prove A Young Earth?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

Global warming and hurricanes.

Is Global warming showing the truth of creation?

The increase in hurricanes has been blamed on global warming. But what's not being told is that what's happening shows just how precisely set, the conditions for life to exist on the this planet really are. That the planet itself can become lifeless just like all the other planets when even one thing gets out of sync. In this case, it's the global temp. Which is the average temp. all around the world. It has only raised 1 F degree in the past century.

A one degree change has broken all records for the most hurricanes in year. And this hurricane season is not even up yet. Will science admit to how fragile our planet is, now that we are facing this change that has killed several hundred people? I doubt it. To push their pet theory, evolution. They will say this planet can and will with stand anything.

If a 1 F degree change can affect our planet this way, what would a polar flip do? I have to wonder what kind of damage control they will have to do to explain this one away. For they have become such experts with the use of words.

How bad will it get? Science says: Increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases are likely to accelerate the rate of climate change. Scientists expect that the average global surface temperature could rise 1-4.5°F (0.6-2.5°C) in the next fifty years, and 2.2-10°F (1.4-5.8°C) in the next century, with significant regional variation. Evaporation will increase as the climate warms, which will increase average global precipitation. Soil moisture is likely to decline in many regions, and intense rainstorms are likely to become more frequent. Sea level is likely to rise two feet along most of the U.S. coast.

Reference: http://www.yecheadqu....0.html6.8.html

#2 Springer

Springer

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Kalamazoo, MI

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:22 AM

Global warming and hurricanes.

Is Global warming showing the truth of creation?
Reference: http://www.yecheadqu....0.html6.8.html

View Post

Evolutionists assume that the size and heat output of the sun has been stable and unchanging for 4.5 billion years. That is a gargantuan assumption. I think it's interesting to note what a 1 degree difference will do.

#3 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:29 PM

I don’t see how global warming explains a divinely created world as opposed to an naturalistic one?

IMO how the world was formed or created makes no difference, both are susceptible to temperature rise equally, that’s all.

Was there some specific point in the yecheadquarters link that specifically made that link? because I could not find it. (great graphics on that site by the way).

#4 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

I don’t see how global warming explains a divinely created world as opposed to an naturalistic one? 

IMO how the world was formed or created makes no difference, both are susceptible to temperature rise equally, that’s all. 

Was there some specific point in the yecheadquarters link that specifically made that link? because I could not find it. (great graphics on that site by the way).

View Post

6,000 year old earth makes it not much change. A 4.3 billion year old earth makes for a lot of change. Do you think that the earth stayed within one degree for 4.3 billion years?

What the site points out is that this small change has really affect the world as a whole. Since in early times, as scinece claims. Global warming gases were much worse. So how did life survive the weather it would have caused, as we are now just starting to get a feel for?

#5 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:27 PM

6,000 year old earth makes it not much change. A 4.3 billion year old earth makes for a lot of change. Do you think that the earth stayed within one degree for 4.3 billion years?

What the site points out is that this small change has really affect the world as a whole. Since in early times, as scinece claims. Global warming gases were much worse. So how did life survive the weather it would have caused, as we are now just starting to get a feel for?

View Post

Ah I see your point. I must admit I have not heard of this argument before.

From memory (not quite sure of the specifics), the earth has some capacity to stabilise it’s temperature, i.e. if the temp goes up the carbon cycle stores more CO2. The problem with global warming as we see it today is not so much the temperature rise but the rate of that rise, which I believe is unprecedented.

#6 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

The problem with global warming as we see it today is not so much the temperature rise but the rate of that rise, which I believe is unprecedented.

If the rate of rise or fall in temp has such a bearing on this, then the changes in seasons would really bring on bad weather. And because they really have nothing to go by. It all becomes an assumption.

#7 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:06 PM

If the rate of rise or fall in temp has such a bearing on this, then the changes in seasons would really bring on bad weather. And because they really have nothing to go by. It all becomes an assumption.

View Post

Well most weather is seasonal, monsoons, hurricanes etc with warmer global temperatures these ‘new’ seasons extend in duration so you get a longer monsoon season, that is what I understand to be the effect of global warming.

Seasonal changes do not increase the average earth temperature, the amount of sunlight ‘globally’ is constant. The amount of sunlight converted to heat is proportional to the CO2 content of the atmosphere, this is now increasing, and the average temperature is rising.

#8 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:31 AM

CO2 is not the only gas that can cause global warming. And I seem to remember that science claims the early earth had a lot of methane and CO2. I wonder how hot the said temp was?

For I know science, by now, has figured out a formula (math) that can determine temp according to global warming gas percent in our atmosphere. And I have to reason as to why it's never discussed is because of the questions that would arise about this and the early earth. For it would no longer be the survival of the fittest, it would be: Can you survive the heat, storms, tornadoes, and hurricanes?

#9 lwj2op2

lwj2op2

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Country, friends.<br />Apologetics, though not well versed.<br />Health, running, bike riding, outdoors.<br />Divorced (by my wife) father of four-23s, 20d, 18s &amp; 13s.<br />Remarried 2 more kiddos 6d, 4s<br />River Boat Captain about 16 years on the Colorado.<br />Power Plant operator at a Geothermal site, just past 5 years.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Ridgecrest, California

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:44 PM

I can't recall or find the source but I recall a study providing evidence that the natural gases (ie. volcanic) produced throughout the world have been, are and will for the next [1000?] years be greater than anything Man can produce. I think it was an oil company study so some prejudice might be expected, but the numbers seemed convincing.

#10 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:53 PM

CO2 is not the only gas that can cause global warming. And I seem to remember that science claims the early earth had a lot of methane and CO2. I wonder how hot the said temp was?

I seem to recall similar claims, but one must remember that it is not a claim to a truth only a speculation dependant upon current models of the early earth. But logically the earth must have gone through a cooling period from early bombardment/molten period, then stabilised somewhat.

For I know science, by now, has figured out a formula (math) that can determine temp according to global warming gas percent in our atmosphere.

I believe there may be many such formula, as the earth is such a complex system it would be wrong to claim that science knows for sure the exact consequence of increasing green house gasses Vs temperature increase. I fairly certain most agree I will cause increase temperatures but by how much and more importantly how quickly is still up for debate, this inability to be certain causes delays in acting which could be a huge problem.

And I have to reason as to why it's never discussed is because of the questions that would arise about this and the early earth. For it would no longer be the survival of the fittest, it would be: Can you survive the heat, storms, tornadoes, and hurricanes?

I still don’t get the connection to a created earth. But if the environment chages drastically I agree survival of the fittest is dependant to a large degree on weather.

#11 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

I can't recall or find the source but I recall a study providing evidence that the natural gases (ie. volcanic) produced throughout the world have been, are and will for the next [1000?] years be greater than anything Man can produce. I think it was an oil company study so some prejudice might be expected, but the numbers seemed convincing.

View Post

Just a word of caution re Global warming web sites, there are several groups, lets call them “global warming deniers” who’s motive I could only guess at, claim that global warming is anything from a cyclic phenomenon of the sun to a conspiracy.

#12 lwj2op2

lwj2op2

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Country, friends.<br />Apologetics, though not well versed.<br />Health, running, bike riding, outdoors.<br />Divorced (by my wife) father of four-23s, 20d, 18s &amp; 13s.<br />Remarried 2 more kiddos 6d, 4s<br />River Boat Captain about 16 years on the Colorado.<br />Power Plant operator at a Geothermal site, just past 5 years.
  • Christian
  • Ridgecrest, California

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:47 PM

Just a word of caution re Global warming web sites, there are several groups, lets call them “global warming deniers” who’s motive I could only guess at, claim that global warming is anything from a cyclic phenomenon of the sun to a conspiracy.

View Post

While I have some sympathy (?) for such sites, it is pointless to argue against the occurance of global warming. The mechanics are debatable though. I have not been satisfied that Man has achieved a significant ability to compete with or counteract the natural occurences which seems the most likely cause of global warming. We may advance the next cycle but we are far from an ability to cause it.

#13 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:01 PM

While I have some sympathy (?) for such sites, it is pointless to argue against the occurance of global warming. The mechanics are debatable though. I have not been satisfied that Man has achieved a significant ability to compete with or counteract the natural occurences which seems the most likely cause of global warming. We may advance the next cycle but we are far from an ability to cause it.

View Post

I too am divided on what mans impact is and it’s effect, difficult to call but worrying to ignore. the wikipedia link has a good artical LINK

#14 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:09 PM

To throw in my two cents, Michael Oard, probably the foremost creation scientist expert on ice ages, actually believes global warming is occuring, but not to the degree or with the same consequences the secular scientist supporters claim. Here's the article:

http://icr.cybrhost....imp/imp-373.htm

Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users