Matthew Chapmnan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_92g_*

Guest_92g_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:01 PM

I caught a few minutes of Matthew Chapman, Darwin's great, great grandson tonight on C-SPAN.

When providing scientific proof of evolution, the best he could come up with was viruses mutating.... :o

Then he has the gaul to call people that don't believe in evolution ignorant.

I would say its unbelievable, but actually I wouldn't expecct anything else......

Terry

#2 Guest_wepwawet_*

Guest_wepwawet_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:32 AM

I caught a few minutes of Matthew Chapman, Darwin's great, great grandson tonight on C-SPAN.

When providing scientific proof of evolution, the best he could come up with was viruses mutating.... :)

Then he has the gaul to call people that don't believe in evolution ignorant.

I would say its unbelievable, but actually I wouldn't expecct anything else......

Terry

View Post

I didn't see Chapman, but it's my understanding that he is a journalist and despite his lineage he has no claim to being a particularly reliable source on evolutionary science. I don't think it's fair to hold creationists responsible for the ramblings of Pat Robertson, nor is it fair to limit the evolution side of the debate to only what Darwin's Great-Great-Grandson managed to pick up in Science 101 while studying journalism.

There is plenty of other observed evidence for speciation (what most scientists call macroevolution) well beyond that of viruses. But even this evidence is not sufficient for ID and Creationism proponnents. So we're at an impasse for the moment until we can either observe evolution at a higher level or the ID folks come up with evidence to support their position.

This is really no different than Pat Robertson or Jimmy Swaggert chiming in on the debate. Everybody's entitled to an opinion, but there's no requirement that it has to be an informed opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users