#1 disruptor

disruptor

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Orkney, UK

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

Thought I would get a couple of posts off my chest before saying hello. I had a scan around your forum, and I must say I liked what I saw - nice and rigorous. This forum also seems extraordinarily polite and civilised compared to some. I shall have to turn down the disruption levels.

I am both an old-earth and a young earth creationist. I don't see this as a contradiction. More like punctuated divine equilibrium. God renews the earth every so often, and takes a new fauna out of the divine toy-box (while leaving a few coelacanths sprinkled about just to keep palaeontologists guessing).

I hope to see a world where unarmed evolutionists and hyper-intelligent velociraptors get to share the same space-time continuum. In particular, I believe Richard Dawkins could benefit from a sharpening-up of muscle-tone and reflexes through regular pursuit by large carnivorous dinosaurs.

"the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies" Isa 28.17

#2 lwj2op2

lwj2op2

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Country, friends.<br />Apologetics, though not well versed.<br />Health, running, bike riding, outdoors.<br />Divorced (by my wife) father of four-23s, 20d, 18s &amp; 13s.<br />Remarried 2 more kiddos 6d, 4s<br />River Boat Captain about 16 years on the Colorado.<br />Power Plant operator at a Geothermal site, just past 5 years.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Ridgecrest, California

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

Thought I would get a couple of posts off my chest before saying hello. I had a scan around your forum, and I must say I liked what I saw - nice and rigorous. This forum also seems extraordinarily polite and civilised compared to some. I shall have to turn down the disruption levels.

I am both an old-earth and a young earth creationist. I don't see this as a contradiction. More like punctuated divine equilibrium. God renews the earth every so often, and takes a new fauna out of the divine toy-box (while leaving a few coelacanths sprinkled about just to keep palaeontologists guessing).

I hope to see a world where unarmed evolutionists and hyper-intelligent velociraptors get to share the same space-time continuum. In particular, I believe Richard Dawkins could benefit from a sharpening-up of muscle-tone and reflexes through regular pursuit by large carnivorous dinosaurs.

View Post

Greetings back at ya. You may want to start a new thread or find an available that you think fits. I have hoped for a debate with such as yourself. I'd like to discuss fitting Old Earth into the Bible.

#3 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:55 PM

View Post

Welcome to the board.

Are you speaking of multiple creations?

#4 disruptor

disruptor

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Orkney, UK

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

Not exactly multiple creations. It's more an issue of time and how we perceive it. I'll get my thoughts together on this, dig up a reference or two and start a separate thread in the Young Earth vs Old Earth section.

Good to be here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users