The Judgements From Old To New Testament.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:21 AM

In each type of judgement, there is either type of forgiveness. Or a type of final judgement that is considered a final judgement. To either be condemned, or brought to heaven.

The first judgement for sin:

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
-----------
Christ was born of a virgin girl which brought the opposite of sorrow to the whole world.
-----------
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
-----------
The first sin was committed in a garden upon eating the fruit God commanded Adam and Eve not to eat. The first blood Christ shed was in a garden when He prayed and blood like sweat came from His body.

The first curse was of the ground, it was cursed with thorns and thickets, and that man would have to till the ground. When Christ shed blood a second time, it was when the crown thorns was placed on His head. His blood ran across the same thorns and thickets the ground was cursed with.
-----------
Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
------------
The flood was a judgement of the wicked. And because of this judgement, there will be a Resurrection that is separate just for those people.
rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
-------------
mt 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

mt 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
--------------
This judgement was a judgement through the resurrection of the righteous from the old covenant. The reason the words "many saints" was used. Is because not all were worthy to rise. The reason the word slept is used is because in the old testament, upon death your soul stayed in the grave with your body. And you were in soul sleep. This was also why Christ referred to both Lazarus, and the little girl that died, as being asleep.

For Christ's resurrection to be perfect, those saints that rose with Him had eternal life. So the Holy city spoke of is the one also referred to: rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
---------------
So what happened to the dead that were left behind when Christ rose?
rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Note: this is where a lot of people get confused about the first rapture. The referrence to the first resurrection is for the first resurrection of the dead. Resurrection of the dead and the living, are considered separate and is why it is worded this way.
---------------
And what happened to those who did rise with Christ?
rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Note: This was the resurrection of those who would be given eternal life.
---------------
Second death is the lake of fire. Those who rose with Christ are garunteed eternal life because the second death have no power.
rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

The rest of the judgements are pretty much understood. But a lot of people miss what was done in the OT, and some of the NT.

#2 Christopher_John

Christopher_John

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Messianic Prophecy.<br /><br /> I work very odd hours, I will eventually get back into the discussion with you, just be patient I'm not avoiding any topic.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:46 PM

The rest of the judgements are pretty much understood. But a lot of people miss what was done in the OT, and some of the NT.

View Post

Interesting post, I wonder sometimes if people have ever taken the time to also read about a pending judgment from Genesis 8:21-22, Gods new covenant with Noah following the flood:

21And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

The key here is the use of the words While & Remaineth in verse 22. The words "while & remaineth" means a period of time. So the question is, has this verse been overlooked? and can global climate change caused by mankind alter the conditions of the seasons to which is implied in verse 22?

God says in verse 21, that he will not curse the ground anymore for mans sake, as he did with the flood, but, he then goes on to lay down a set of conditions or rules which are determined by "While the earth remaineth" which means a literal period of time " While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

So basically if any one of those conditions were to be altered due to mankinds abuse of the earth ie; global climate change, we could easily assume that God can then reneg on his promise not to take judgment against mankind because we have broken his rules of the new covenant established with Noah.

Makes for some interesting thought.

CJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users