Patches

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Michigan

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:01 PM

Hello, I've already been posting for a while, but I suppose I should make a proper introduction if I'm going to be sticking around. Sorry for not doing so earlier. ;)*

Anyway, I'm Patches, a 24 year-old computer engineer from Michigan. I was referred here by a friend to respond to a single post, but there was so much Atheist-hate and scientific misrepresentation running rampant on this board, I felt obligated to stick around a while to defend myself and hopefully clear up some of the misconceptions.

I have no problem with being religious or believing that everything is exactly as stated in the Bible or anything. However, when people start making claims that those who believe in evolution have some sort of "agenda" to undermine the fabric of society or other such nonsense that portrays us as "evil", then I feel the need to step in and correct them.

I don't mind if you disagree with me or what I believe, I'd just prefer if you disagree with what I ACTUALLY believe instead of an overblown and decidedly fallacious argument. We're really not all that scary.

I'm not asking anyone to accept my position, just understand it. Because once two sides understand each other, even if they disagree, there's a lot less hate. :3

#2 Guest_92g_*

Guest_92g_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

Hello, I've already been posting for a while, but I suppose I should make a proper introduction if I'm going to be sticking around.  Sorry for not doing so earlier.

1st, Welcome....

Anyway, I'm Patches, a 24 year-old computer engineer from Michigan.  I was referred here by a friend to respond to a single post, but there was so much Atheist-hate and scientific misrepresentation running rampant on this board, I felt obligated to stick around a while to defend myself and hopefully clear up some of the misconceptions.

Well, thanks for blessing us with your presence.... ;)

Honestly, I appreciate your opinion, but it should be obvious to you that our side of the debate has a diffferent viewpoint on who is engaging in scientific misrepresentation.

I'm quite sure that at the age of 24, and with a degree, or two hanging on your wall, that you've got it all figured out, but some of us have a little education as well(BSEE, MS Mathematics), and are a little longer in the tooth, so don't be too disapointed if we don't roll over and accept your arguments.... :D

Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users