• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2336 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

Howdy all,

Apparently some members are having problems with the forum, and end up being sent to a page that says their account has been suspended, and they need to contact billing :). I'm looking into this problem. It appears to be an issue at the server, and not with the forum itself.

Fred

#2 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2336 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:40 PM

OK, problem solved (at least it will be soon for most of you). Here's the response from my server guy. He recently upgraded servers and moved my account:

That is just because of delayed DNS updates probably with their ISPs.  I had "suspended" the account on the old server as a precursor to deleting the account.  I will go ahead and re-enable the old account for a few more days and hopefully their DNS entries will be updated.  ;-)

Fred

#3 MRC_Hans

MRC_Hans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Denmark

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:35 PM

I notice that the 300 minute flood control appears to have been eased. I am grateful for that; while flood control is necessary, as long a period as 300 minutes does make it difficult to have a running debate, and a few minutes do, in my experience, suffice to cramp the style of any flood trolls quite effectively.

Hans B)

#4 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2336 posts
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

I notice that the 300 minute flood control appears to have been eased. I am grateful for that; while flood control is necessary, as long a period as 300 minutes does make it difficult to have a running debate, and a few minutes do, in my experience, suffice to cramp the style of any flood trolls quite effectively.

Hans  :)

View Post

This had nothing to do with flood control, which was not changed (it remains at 300 seconds, or 5 minutes; it was never set to 300 minutes! :) Hmm, I just thought of a good invention that would make LOTs of money! A flood control you could set on your wife :) Good thing she never reads my internet musings!).

When he moved servers, some folks DNS numbers were still pointing to the old server, which would give them the "account suspended due to lack of payment", or some such message. It involved a miscommunication between myself and my host guy. I did not receive an email from him that I was supposed to move my DNS numbers at godaddy to point to the new server. Once we were both on the same page the problem started to clear up for everyone.

Fred

#5 MRC_Hans

MRC_Hans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Denmark

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

EHr, sorry, I did mean 300 seconds. Yes, I can think of a LOT of practical applications for a flood control in real life ;). Actually, methinks the world would be a very calm place if ...........

Another feature I would like to see implemented in real life is the "undo" function, hehehe.

HAns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users