Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
disruptor

Hiv

I've read the whole thread and I'll just say that I'm confused about this issue. I have some questions for stringer, though.

Can AIDs be produced in heterosexual anal s@x?

The OP argued that HIV was 'non existant', yet you are constantly talking about HIV in your posts, why is that?

Is that specific h*mosexual and AZT the only drugs that seems to cause AIDs, or do other illicit drugs as well?

12548[/snapback]

No, you wont get aids from having hetrosexual anal s@x. Thats been going on for eons without causing trouble.

No, you wont get aids from having hetrosexual anal s@x.  Thats been going on for eons without causing trouble.

12553[/snapback]

But he's arguing that h*mosexual anal s@x would.

But he's arguing that h*mosexual anal s@x would.

12554[/snapback]

If you want a definitive medical answer on the subject, consult your physician. If you want to know about the spiritual implications of it, consult your priest.

If you want a definitive medical answer on the subject, consult your physician.  If you want to know about the spiritual implications of it, consult your priest.

12555[/snapback]

Springer is a Medical Doctor.

As I've before stated, AIDS is a non-infectious disease caused by drug use. The proposal that anal s@x has something to do with its etiology should be dismissed because 10% of heterosexual couples practice anal s@x... and they are not getting AIDS. The one common denominator in all AIDS cases is drug use. If AIDS is infectious, it should be rampant in teenagers and female prostitutes, and it is virtually absent in those two groups.

I've read the whole thread and I'll just say that I'm confused about this issue. I have some questions for stringer, though.

Can AIDs be produced in heterosexual anal s@x?

There are numerous heterosexual couples who practice anal s@x and don't have AIDS.

The OP argued that HIV was 'non existant', yet you are constantly talking about HIV in your posts, why is that?

Some doubt the existence of HIV, i.e., they think it's not a true replicating virus. I'm not an expert in that area and cannot answer the question. Whatever HIV is (virus or not), it appears to be harmless.

Is that specific h*mosexual and AZT the only drugs that seems to cause AIDs, or do other illicit drugs as well?

It was known during the pre-AIDS era that cocaine addicts often died of immune deficiency diseases. Nitrite inhalants widely used by male H*m*sexuals were outlawed in England many years ago because it was concluded by researchers that it was the cause of Kaposi's sarcoma. Show me an AIDS patient and I'll show you someone hooked on drugs, typically multiple illegal drugs. The case of hemophiliacs is different, because they are overwhelmed for years by the infusion of foreign proteins from multiple donors, which has been known for decades to impair the immune system. When AIDS was first described in the early 1980's it was predicted that essentially all male hemophiliacs would die from AIDS within the next 20 years. Hemophiliacs now live longer than they did in the pre-AIDS era. Failure to predict future events is the hallmark of a flawed hypothesis. African AIDS needs to be excluded from the discussion because it is a different disease entirely.

A "Best of EFT" candidate...

Sometime down the road (maybe while I'm off for Christmas) I'm thinking of opening an extra forum here as a place to put our "Best of Evolution Fairytale Forum" discussions. I think this one qualifies, so for the time being I've pinned the topic.

Fred

10510[/snapback]

Just read this thread. I can honestly say this is the best thread I have ever read in any forum. It is more insightful, the questions are great, and the knowledges exchanged is incredible.

WOW.

AIDS is a result of drug use and has nothing to do with HIV.  Here are some interesting facts...

1.  nearly 90% of American AIDS cases are males.  No known infectious disease discriminates on gender.

4.  AIDS has never been produced in laboratory animals. (50 chimpanzees inoculated with HIV 20 years ago...none have contracted AIDS)

5.  An "incubation period" of 10+ years for an infectious disease is difficult to believe.

7.  THere is a virtual 100% correlation between AIDS and drug use.

9.  AIDS is virtually unknown in teenagers.  (A venereal disease that spares teenagers?)

Some errors in your facts

1) 70% are male 30% female

4) Animals have a similar virus to HIV called SIV and not long ago they found SIV in some workers meaning it was transmitted to humans from the animals

5) The incubation period is 1-6 months before the antibodies can be detected

7) 75% of infected heterosexual women got it from s@x not drug use

9) Since the epidemic began, over 50,000 teens have gotten aids. Right now 2 teenagers or young adults are contracting aids every hour of every day. Hardly virtually unknown. And how many teens need to contract aids before you consider it an epidemic.

Since the epidemic began, over 50,000 teens have gotten aids.  Right now 2 teenagers or young adults are contracting aids every hour of every day.  Hardly virtually unknown.  And how many teens need to contract aids before you consider it an epidemic.

17508[/snapback]

It's just one of the many symptoms in the epidemic known as sin. Hardly virtually unknown, hardly just aids, and hardly just teens.

When we start focusing on the real sickness, the root of the problem, then we'll make some headway into stemming the epidemic.

It's just one of the many symptoms in the epidemic known as sin. Hardly virtually unknown, hardly just aids, and hardly just teens.

When we start focusing on the real sickness, the root of the problem, then we'll make some headway into stemming the epidemic.

44035[/snapback]

The root of the problem are those little microbes that cause the sickness. Stemming the tide will require teaching people to use condoms and practice safe s@x.

The root of the problem are those little microbes that cause the sickness.  Stemming the tide will require teaching people to use condoms and practice safe s@x.

44079[/snapback]

Without the action (promiscuity etc...), jason, the "little microbes that cause the sickness" would have never been a problem. Now, you may attempt to play a word game here. But, the bottom line IS the bottom line.

You do understand the concept of a monogamous relationship don't you?

Without the action (promiscuity etc...), jason, the "little microbes that cause the sickness" would have never been a problem. Now, you may attempt to play a word game here. But, the bottom line IS the bottom line.

44081[/snapback]

I'm not playing word games. S@xual contact isn't the only method of transmitting Aids. Promiscuity is never going to go away, so what would you do to stem the transmission of STDs?

You do understand the concept of a monogamous relationship don't you?

44081[/snapback]

I do. And I understand that it works very well for the majority of people most of the time.

I'm not playing word games. 

44098[/snapback]

Really? You next sentence says otherwise.

S@xual contact isn't the only method of transmitting Aids.

44098[/snapback]

Not anymore Jason. Now there are other ways of transmission. But S@xual promiscuity promulgated and continues to escalate the problem. And the mass give away of condoms millions of $$ already spent on so-called “s@x education†have done nothing. But, abstinence education does and will.

Promiscuity is never going to go away,

44098[/snapback]

Not with that attitude it won’t jason. But with that and failed s@x education as you best argument, it’s no wonder STD’s are as prevalent as they are.

so what would you do to stem the transmission of STDs?

44098[/snapback]

Abstinence education, monogamy education (the only real cures to this physical and mental disease), and the truth Jason, not more of the failed s@x education policies and “Promiscuity is never going to go away†negativity.

I do.  And I understand that it works very well for the majority of people most of the time.

44098[/snapback]

Actually, it will work for all of the people all of the time. As far as s@x is concerned.

Guest Anghellik9

44035[/snapback]

So, the all-loving creator, God, is killing the people that disobey him through this disease? What of the people who are infected with it that aren't? Do any of you know anyone who has HIV/AIDS?

The idea that we can pray the disease away holds just as much water to me as priests blaming demons for people getting sick in the medieval ages, and simply praying that the person would get better, which may or may not happen. It doesn't actually provide an answer, and doesn't help much either.

If this is supposedly the G*y disease, why is it then that three quarters of Africans infected with AIDS are women?

I could go off on a tangent, but I would probably end up getting banned for slighting God.

s@x, the @ is interesting? Is there some Biblical injunction against spelling the word?

Really? You next sentence says otherwise.

Not anymore Jason. Now there are other ways of transmission. But S@xual promiscuity promulgated and continues to escalate the problem.  And the mass give away of condoms millions of $$ already spent on so-called “s@x education†have done nothing. But, abstinence education does and will.

Not with that attitude it won’t jason.  But with that and failed s@x education as you best argument, it’s no wonder STD’s are as prevalent as they are.

Abstinence education, monogamy education (the only real cures to this physical and mental disease), and the truth Jason, not more of the failed s@x education policies and “Promiscuity is never going to go away†negativity.

Actually, it will work for all of the people all of the time. As far as s@x is concerned.

44103[/snapback]

I don't think that abstinence education works. People can and will have s@x. What is wrong with equipping them to have s@x safely?

I don't think that abstinence education works. 

44208[/snapback]

Riiight, do you realize how illogical that statement was. Do you stick your head in the sand about every dangerous activity? It’s like saying “I don’t think smoking abstinence education works.

People can and will have s@x. 

44208[/snapback]

And people can and will continue to get STD’s (including HIV aids) regardless of condoms and s@x education. Oh, yeah, and they’ll continue to pass them off to others, and die from them as well.

What is wrong with equipping them to have s@x safely?

44208[/snapback]

Because, other than monogamy, there is no safe s@x. No matter how you attempt to spin it.

Riiight,  do you realize how illogical that statement was.  Do you stick your head in the sand about every dangerous activity? It’s like saying “I don’t think smoking abstinence education works.

44218[/snapback]

Yeah. Except people don't have a natural drive to smoke.

So, the all-loving creator, God, is killing the people that disobey him through this disease? What of the people who are infected with it that aren't? Do any of you know anyone who has HIV/AIDS?

44121[/snapback]

Riiiight, and people don't kill people, guns do (or some such illogic like that). People are dying of aids because they believe anything but monogamy and abstinence isn't risky.

And no, I don't know anybody with aids. Does that somehow exclude me from the conversation? Simply because I know how NOT to get STD's.

Guest Anghellik9

Riiight, do you realize how illogical that statement was. Do you stick your head in the sand about every dangerous activity? It’s like saying “I don’t think smoking abstinence education works.

Not only does abstinence only education not work, it's demonstrable that it doesn't. For example, Mississippi has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the USA, and has an abstinence only education program. This is only one example. Almost every state that has abstinence-only programs have a higher teen pregnancy rate than those that teach contraception as well.

Riiiight, and people don't kill people, guns do (or some such illogic like that). People are dying of aids because they believe anything but monogamy and abstinence isn't risky.

For the record, I am a strong supporter of gun rights.

Of course abstinence isn't risky, and no other alternative works 100% of the time (even though there is no time if you know what I mean). But this is simply idealistic. approximately half of teens will have s@x, regardless of whether they are taught abstinence or not. On a personal note, I was taught both in the same classroom, and I believe that this is the correct solution.

And no, I don't know anybody with aids. Does that somehow exclude me from the conversation? Simply because I know how NOT to get STD's.

44220[/snapback]

No it does not exclude you from the conversation. What it would do is make you less callous to their plight, based on the idea that it's some sort of "G*y disease"

Guest Darkness45

Some what recently coming out of high school in the States, I can quite easily establish that the American education policy on teaching about s@x and drugs is horrendous. Although I had an atypical education, it's clear the system needs to change to address the evolving reality teens are facing, and just saying abstinence to everything is a failing policy. This comes from both data and personal experience.

Some what recently coming out of high school in the States, I can quite easily establish that the American education policy on teaching about s@x and drugs is horrendous. Although I had an atypical education, it's clear the system needs to change to address the evolving reality teens are facing, and just saying abstinence to everything is a failing policy. This comes from both data and personal experience.

44994[/snapback]

You are somewhat correct in the above statement. it’s hard to reinforce the abstinence message when our children are surrounded with S@xual advertisement and attitude. And with the lies that “everyone’s doing itâ€ÂÂ, and condoms protect, and safe s@x is anything but abstinence.

The bottom line is, abstinence and then monogamy is the only safe s@x.

The bottom line is, abstinence and then monogamy is the only safe s@x.

45191[/snapback]

Except that it isn't. As billions of people can attest to. Every day people have s@x, and they don't catch diseases and they don't get pregnant and they go on to live normal happy lives.

Except that it isn't.  As billions of people can attest to.  Every day people have s@x, and they don't catch diseases and they don't get pregnant and they go on to live normal happy lives.

45225[/snapback]

Right jason... And everyday people die of aids and other std's. You put one in the chamber, spin it, and take your chances while you continue pulling the trigger. That argument really makes sense (in the land of bizarro).

Right jason... And everyday people die of aids and other std's. You put one in the chamber, spin it, and take your chances while you continue pulling the trigger. That argument really makes sense (in the land of bizarro).

45227[/snapback]

If you think that you can convince everyone to commit to abstinence until marriage and be completely faithful for ever and ever then it is you sir that is living in a fantasy land.

While people are still walking around with std's I'd recommend keeping a c*ndom about somewhere, just in case.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Our Terms