Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Geir

Darwin Said This !

I did not know that Darwin said once "The sight of a feather in a peacock's tail, whenever I gaze at it, makes me sick!" He wrote this to botanist Asa Gray on April 3, 1860.

I see clearly that a peacock's tail is a creation and that it's not a product of random unguided processes. I was watching a video couple of days ago about penguins. They have such fine colored necks! How could some think that this is due to mutations ! Not to mention the sacrifice that penguins show as they withstand harsh weather conditions and hunger as they wait that the eggs hatch, just to feed the babies the food they kept stored in their mouths all that period.

I did not know that Darwin said once "The sight of a feather in a peacock's tail, whenever I gaze at it, makes me sick!" He wrote this to botanist Asa Gray on April 3, 1860.

40858[/snapback]

As much as I disagree with the opinion (and be careful, I've heard a few 'quotes' like this supposedly from Darwin that turned out to be a lie), each to their own. Who cares?

I see clearly that a peacock's tail is a creation and that it's not a product of random unguided processes. I was watching a video couple of days ago about penguins. They have such fine colored necks! How could some think that this is due to mutations!

40858[/snapback]

Because mutations have a bad connotation that they don't necessarily deserve.

Regards,

Arch.

As much as I disagree with the opinion (and be careful, I've heard a few 'quotes' like this supposedly from Darwin that turned out to be a lie), each to their own. Who cares?

Because mutations have a bad connotation that they don't necessarily deserve.

Regards,

Arch.

40866[/snapback]

Well its not a lie, but it is taken out of context.

It is curious that I remember well time when the thought of the eye made me cold all over, but I have got over this stage of the complaint, & now small trifling particulars of structure often make me very uncomfortable. The sight of a feather in a peacock's tail, whenever I gaze at it, makes me sick! Under this point of view your story of the Black Pigs in the Everglades delights me,f4 & supports other cases, which though founded on very good evidence I could hardly digest.â€â€Â

And here is the link, they actually have all of the known letters on there.

Darwin Correspondence

What is he saying here? I don't really know. There seems to be a missing letter in the collection that makes this line easier to understand. But again, what does it matter if he doesn't like looking at the feathers of a peacock?

What is he saying here? I don't really know. There seems to be a missing letter in the collection that makes this line easier to understand. But again, what does it matter if he doesn't like looking at the feathers of a peacock?

The bright colors of the tail feathers give no selection advantage,but it was later discovered that the females actualy breed with the males with the brightest colors.

Corals are a true example that should have disturbed Darwin.Their bright colors serve no purpose at all.

Enjoy.

The bright colors of the tail feathers give no selection advantage,but it was later discovered that the females actualy breed with the males with the brightest colors.

40883[/snapback]

This statement completely contradicts itself.

Regards,

Arch.

I was being honest and giving Darwin credit for being ignorant as to why the peacocks tail feathers made him sick.At the time he did'nt know what purpose they served.

Enjoy.

I was being honest and giving Darwin credit for being ignorant as to why the peacocks tail feathers made him sick.At the time he did'nt know what purpose they served.

Enjoy.

40890[/snapback]

The main reason why I mentioned not knowing why he said this is because Darwin also suggested a type of S@xual selection. At the time he wrote the letter he didn't know possibly, but later he probably figured it was just to attract a mate.

:D I just realized that I just re-wrote what you already did. nice :D

Arch! I think Jason's post has some time built into it.

Enjoy.

40890[/snapback]

Sorry Jason, I misread your post. Somehow I managed to miss the word 'coral' in the second paragraph and thought you were still talking about peacocks.

Clearly I need more sleep or coffee :D

Java! I demand beans at once!

Regards,

Arch.

These are not only beautiful, but to me, very funny!!

gqsMTZQ-pmE&hl=en&fs=1

P85LoHftEKs&hl=en&fs=1

cEh-zclVo44&hl=en&fs=1

And the last above, but not least.......there is such a thing as a happy ending :D

Sorry Jason, I misread your post. Somehow I managed to miss the word 'coral' in the second paragraph and thought you were still talking about peacocks.

Clearly I need more sleep or coffee :D

Java! I demand beans at once!

Regards,

Arch.

40921[/snapback]

Arch hold out your hand! -tosses coffee beans to Arch-

:D better not throw a cup of coffee, I think that would be painful to the receiver!