Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jason777

My 1984 Gmc Stepside Project

I'm ready to begin the engine swap next weekend. I installed the new chrome dipstick and put a chrome hugger header on to give you an idea of how it will look.

Posted Image

Enjoy.

Sweet! B)

Thanks, Ron. Sadly, the hugger headers wont work with my drivers side motor mount and the stock exhaust manifold off of my old 305 engine is blocking the oil dipstick hole. I'll have to order some long tube headers from summit or find a used set locally.

The good news is: The new engine is swapped and nearly complete - just waiting to find the right sized belts and headers.

Enjoy.

I had over tightened valve lash on cylinder #1. I backed both rocker stud nuts off a quarter of a turn and got the engine fired up. It sounded great, but I'm having problems with the stock starter; It just doesn't have enough torque to turn over a high compression engine, so I'll likely have to order a mini starter from Summit.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=summit%20racing%20sum-829100%20-%20summit%20racing%C2%AE%20mini%20high-torque%20starters&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.summitracing.com%2Fparts%2FSUM-829100%2F&ei=vJ2-TsyWC9OGsgLR-8zCBA&usg=AFQjCNGxiVBAxsFOAeGeuVcO-LN1ppFRIw

I'll post some pics. later.

Enjoy.

Posted Image

I was going to paint the headers, but the high temp. paint always peels away.

Posted Image

Enjoy.

newengine004.jpg

I was going to paint the headers, but the high temp. paint always peels away.

newengine003.jpg

Enjoy.