Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mars

Get To Know All The Christ-Like Religions.

I do not have to give my allegiance to a religion before I can respect it. I can respect something because that is the way I want to live my life. I call it free choice.

Lets do a thought experiment. Say you tell me that you respect the properties of fire. Then you commence to put your hand into a flame that gives you third degree burns. Did you really respect the properties of fire?

I was brought up with this kind of religious philosophy, and the obvious implication was that magnanimously embracing all religions was evidence of superior spirituality, whereas Christians were narrow-mindedly and arrogantly clinging on to the belief that they were right and everyone else was wrong. How disrespectfull of us. However, how accurate are the comparisons here? I don't really know, but when I checked out the very first comparison between Jesus and Buddha I found it was full of holes. Several of the claims have been dealt which here: http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/buddha01.html "Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom." (Ibid., p. 37; Luke 2:41--48.) This is not quite correct. Buddha reportedly was educated from age 8 to 12 by masters, and was then presented at (not "went to") the temple, where all the statues rose and threw themselves at his feet. He then "explains and asks learned questions and excels all those who enter into competition with him."In essence, this was Buddha taking his SATs. deBunsen, however, again cites no primary source, nor does he give a date for his source. His assertion is therefore worthless for lack of being able to be investigated without looking for a needle in a haystack. Buddha answered the "devil": "Get you away from me." (De Bunsen, p.38) Jesus responded: "...begone, Satan (Matthew 4:10). Devil? More like Mara, the god of death, and "Get you away from me" appears nowhere in deBunsen's text. Buddha gave Mara a rather long reply (which deBunsen truncates, actually!) in which Buddha threatens Mara, and after which Mara apparently leaves -- without being told to bug off. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty-seven days and Jesus for forty. (Arthur Lillie, Buddha and Early Buddhism (London, 1881), p. 100, Matthew 4:2.) Actually Lillie reports that Buddha engaged in a "fast" of sorts for six years -- during which he lived on daily food of "a grain of the jujube-tree" which eventually dwindled to a "grain of rice." THEN he notes a Chinese version of the story in which Buddha fasts for 47 days. No source name or date is given for this Chinese version and Lillie's description amounts to one sentence. I will consider this a "ringer" and/or worthless unless someone can produce this Chinese version and tell us when it dates to. At the conclusion of their fasts, they both wandered to a fig tree. (Hans Joachim Schoeps, An Intelligent Person's Guide to the Religions of Mankind (London, 1967), p. 167; Matthew 21:18-19.) This one is actually a "ringer" already because Jesus did not "wander" to a fig tree, but went to it purposefully, and did not do so at the end of a fast. But we now have this page from Schoeps' book courtesy of a reader at BYU -- and it says nothing about this at all. P. 167 is mostly a sermon of Buddha on a "middle path" of avoiding the extremes of violent asceticism and worldly activity. No fig tree, no fast."

Thank you for the input. I really appreciate it. This is why this topic was posted, so that it can be debated. Everybody will have their own opinions. I just want to clarify that, I approached this topic purely as an interested observer. The truth I found is that it is difficult to know for sure. Please remember that this is only my opinions based on what I found from opinions from different sources. I do not dare and say that the information used is based on fact.

If anything, this topic can be used in a wonderful way to debate the different religions out there and the similarities that religions have. I welcome more people to get involved in this discussion and to post anything they can find to prove or disprove it. We can all gain a bigger understanding of religions if they can be debated and eventually understood.

Lets do a thought experiment. Say you tell me that you respect the properties of fire. Then you commence to put your hand into a flame that gives you third degree burns. Did you really respect the properties of fire?

If I respected the properties of fire then I would know before I put my hand into the flames, that I will get burned. If I did not respect fire then I would not have known that it good burn me until I put my hand into the flames, after being burned, then you would respect it.

Could you also please address the questions that I posted.

"Are you saying that I cannot respect Christianity because I am not a Christian? Does that mean that each religion on Earth does not respect the next? Can you only respect something if you give your unwavering allegiance to it? Are you saying that you only have respect for Christians?

Do you respect the writings in the old testament? Both Judaism and Christianity consider the Hebrew Bible to be part of their sacred scriptures. Islam believes that the Hebrew Bible is the writings of the prophets of God but that the Koran is the ultimate prophecy given by God."

Could you also please address the questions that I posted.

I think the fire analogy, and your correct response, actually answers your other questions for you but I'll unpack it a little further if you'd like.

While it's true that religions can agree on some things or several things (Islam and Christianity agree on some things. Christianity and Judaism agree on several things) isn't it a concern when the differences depart on issues of life and death?

Would you recommend putting these differences aside? If so, what frame of reference are you using to justify such actions? As posted by Salsa, it must be a position that views itself superior to all other worldviews.

I'd like you to please post your source material. I've looked into a couple of these in the past, and when you read the actual source material, it turns out a lot of the comparisons are exaggerated, and just plain made up.

For instance here's an article on the Horus Jesus similarities.

Was the story of Jesus stolen from that of the Egyptian deites Horus and Osiris?

It does't take long to realize when you view the actual source material, the comparison falls apart.

Would you be willing to cite your source material? But I'm guessing you yourself didn't actually sift through all this source material yourself, but trusted someone else to do it, and interpret it. But perhaps they cited their source material. Let's go ahead and take a look at each one from the actual source.

Now one problem is going to come up right away. The Bible stands alone as a well preserved ancient document, especially the N.T. accounts. You going to find that other ancient stories just aren't that clear and detailed, but we'll see what you come up with.

I'd like you to please post your source material. I've looked into a couple of these in the past, and when you read the actual source material, it turns out a lot of the comparisons are exaggerated, and just plain made up.

For instance here's an article on the Horus Jesus similarities.

Was the story of Jesus stolen from that of the Egyptian deites Horus and Osiris?

It does't take long to realize when you view the actual source material, the comparison falls apart.

Would you be willing to cite your source material? But I'm guessing you yourself didn't actually sift through all this source material yourself, but trusted someone else to do it, and interpret it. But perhaps they cited their source material. Let's go ahead and take a look at each one from the actual source.

Now one problem is going to come up right away. The Bible stands alone as a well preserved ancient document, especially the N.T. accounts. You going to find that other ancient stories just aren't that clear and detailed, but we'll see what you come up with.

Here's a list where most of the supposed comparisons are totally debunked. JP Holding has gone through all these supposed comparisons in detail. But again, Mars, you need cite your sources.

Copycat Savior Figures

Figures claimed to be sources for the life of Jesus. Named entities in alphabetical order.

Adonis -- The Greek deity: A source for the life of Jesus?

Alcides (Or Hercules) --The Greek strongman/demigod. See also another item here [subscription to E-Blockrequired].

Alexander of Abonuteichos -- A charismatic figure who started a quasi-religious movement; this is more of a claim of a social parallel.

Apollonius of Tyana -- Pagan performer of miracles and traveller.

Attis -- Phrygian and later Greco-Roman demigod. Also discusses the ritual of the "tauribolium".

Baal -- Ancient Near Eastern deity.

Balder -- Norse deity. Also discusses Frey.

Beddru of Japan -- As it happens -- a non-existent entity.

Buddha -- Two entries on this figure; one here and another here. Please also see Miller's essay linked in the left column.

Chu Chulainn -- Celtic hero.

Crite -- As far as I can find, another non-existent figure.

Dazhdbog -- Russian heroic figure.

Deva Tat -- Heroic figure from Siam.

Dionysus -- Greek god of wine.

Hesus -- Deity associated with druids.

Horus -- Egyptian deity. Also coversOsiris.

Krishna -- Hindu deity. Two essays, one here on moral teachings and onehere on life story.

Mithra -- Persian deity.

Osiris -- Egyptian deity.

Prometheus -- Greek demigod.

Quetzalcoatl -- Mesoamerican deity.

Romulus -- co-founder of Rome. [subscription to E-Block required].

Salivahana -- Indian teacher.

Serapis -- Mediterranean deity.

Tammuz -- Sumerian shepherd-god.

Zamloxis -- Thracian hero.

Zoar -- Unknown figure.

Zoroaster -- Religious founder.

I think the fire analogy, and your correct response, actually answers your other questions for you but I'll unpack it a little further if you'd like.

While it's true that religions can agree on some things or several things (Islam and Christianity agree on some things. Christianity and Judaism agree on several things) isn't it a concern when the differences depart on issues of life and death?

Would you recommend putting these differences aside? If so, what frame of reference are you using to justify such actions? As posted by Salsa, it must be a position that views itself superior to all other worldviews.

Why do we need to focus on the things that makes us different? Can any religion on Earth prove that they are the "one and only true religion". When I was younger I thought to myself one day, why would God create everything in the universe only to condem most of it to hell? It did not make sense to say that a God of love would create all things just to make sure it is condemned.

Lets say that I was born in a Christian family. My family would bring me up with that religion and I would live my life according to what I learned from it. The same goes if I was born in a tribe and I would have grown up maybe believing that the sun was my God. We can carry on naming all the different religions and believes on Earth and they all will most possibly differ. All of them having different viws on life and death.

Lets say I was born in the tribe like I mentioned above and the sun was my God. Throughout my life I live for all that is good and I never hear about the Christian believe and then I die. That will say that I will go to hell from a Christians point of view, because I never accepted Jesus as my savior. But why? I did not even know about Christianity in the first place. Do we really believe that this is the way God has intented it? Does this say that all humans before Christianity is going to hell? This is a very one sided doom prophecy type of way of thinking, wont you say?

What is this all about? It is about man always wanting to be superior than his brother next to him. It is about people not understanding each other or giving each other a chance. It is about MAN and all his vanity and not about God and love. Most religions on Earth are about love, but why then hate all things that dont agree exactly with our own beliefs?

If all religions on Earth believe that God created all there is, then one can argue he also created all the different religions and world views out there and all was created with love. I personally believe that it is very small minded to say that, "only us know the truth and the rest are going to hell."

For thousands and thousands of years there were different religions and there will in future also be thousand and thousands of different religions. All things evolve and change. You dont read the Bible that people read hundreds of years ago. They did not live the same way as you do know.

It is all a bit ridiculous for me. People waging wars and killing, because it is the will of his God. Wake up people. If you do it or say it, it is your will at work, not someone else's or something else's. Live life with respect for others. You cannot prove that your religion is the only one, so stop with this I have the "truth" on my side mentality. It does not exist. It is your humanity that drives your vanity.

Set aside your differences and start seeing that you are following people and not God as you would like to believe.

I personally believe that it is very small minded to say that, "only us know the truth and the rest are going to hell."

Is this something everybody should agree with?

You cannot prove that your religion is the only one, so stop with this I have the "truth" on my side mentality. It does not exist. It is your humanity that drives your vanity.

Set aside your differences and start seeing that you are following people and not God as you would like to believe.

That is a very strongly worded exhortation. Do you believe everyone should live that way?

Please note; while I answered your questions, you haven't answered mine.

Mars, would you consider yourself teachable?

If you were wrong, and the differences really did matter, would you want someone to convince you to change your mind or would you prefer ignorance?

Again, please take those questions at face value and not as antagonistic.

Why do we need to focus on the things that makes us different? Can any religion on Earth prove that they are the "one and only true religion". When I was younger I thought to myself one day, why would God create everything in the universe only to condem most of it to hell? It did not make sense to say that a God of love would create all things just to make sure it is condemned.

Lets say that I was born in a Christian family. My family would bring me up with that religion and I would live my life according to what I learned from it. The same goes if I was born in a tribe and I would have grown up maybe believing that the sun was my God. We can carry on naming all the different religions and believes on Earth and they all will most possibly differ. All of them having different viws on life and death.

Lets say I was born in the tribe like I mentioned above and the sun was my God. Throughout my life I live for all that is good and I never hear about the Christian believe and then I die. That will say that I will go to hell from a Christians point of view, because I never accepted Jesus as my savior. But why? I did not even know about Christianity in the first place. Do we really believe that this is the way God has intented it? Does this say that all humans before Christianity is going to hell? This is a very one sided doom prophecy type of way of thinking, wont you say?

What is this all about? It is about man always wanting to be superior than his brother next to him. It is about people not understanding each other or giving each other a chance. It is about MAN and all his vanity and not about God and love. Most religions on Earth are about love, but why then hate all things that dont agree exactly with our own beliefs?

If all religions on Earth believe that God created all there is, then one can argue he also created all the different religions and world views out there and all was created with love. I personally believe that it is very small minded to say that, "only us know the truth and the rest are going to hell."

For thousands and thousands of years there were different religions and there will in future also be thousand and thousands of different religions. All things evolve and change. You dont read the Bible that people read hundreds of years ago. They did not live the same way as you do know.

It is all a bit ridiculous for me. People waging wars and killing, because it is the will of his God. Wake up people. If you do it or say it, it is your will at work, not someone else's or something else's. Live life with respect for others. You cannot prove that your religion is the only one, so stop with this I have the "truth" on my side mentality. It does not exist. It is your humanity that drives your vanity.

That's quite a speech Mars, but it is nothing more than a long series of generalizations, prejeduces and flawed human logic.

You claim, using the numbers game I spoke about earlier on, that there is no "one true religion", and yet you speak as though your religion IS the one true religion - to mix everything together and ignore the differences. Knowing the differences, from a Christian perspective, is vital to one's salvation, so why are you trying to shame us into ignoring them. "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile".

Furthermore, as far as I know, none of the members here are "waging wars and killing" so why do you think we need to wake up? Please don't come here painting with such a broad brush. Death and wars are inevitable in a world where sin is rampant, but if you want to blame it on religion and then pin the blame on us then don't expect us to be quiet about it because you, as an atheists, humanist, or anitchristian, are just as responsible as anyone else on the planet. These things are a result of sin and rebellion against God, not because of "differences"!

You also ask the question whether or not any religion on earth can prove that they are the "one and only true religion". You might be surprised at this but I actually DO believe that the God of the Bible HAS given us enough evidence to divide the sheep from the goats. There is no other religion on the face of the planet that has provided us with unambiguous prophecies that only God would be able to fulfill. If you disagree then provide the evidence you have.

Finally, we, as Christians, are obligated to obey and take to heart the warnings that the Bible has given us. Many of these warnings have to do with false religions and immitations of what is genuine. We have a spiritual enemy who the Bible calls the "god of this age", the reason being is that he immitates God and creates religious traps for unsuspecting people to fall into. If "Satan masquerades as an angel of light" as scripture declares then we have GOOD reason to be wary of religion.

I wasn't brought up in a Christian home, but was raised in the same teaching that you are trying to peddle here, and I opposed Christianity fervently until God spoke to me and put me straight, which he had never done during all the time I held to this wishy-washy, empty, mix-everything-together-and-don't-offend-anybody philosophy.

P.S God does NOT condemn anyone to hell. "For God did not send his Son into the World to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." We are already condemned by our sin and lack of repentance and if we continue in our stubborn refusal to repent then there is nothing God can do about it and simultaneously maintain , a righteous universe.

Let's go ahead and take a look at each one from the actual source.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm sure Mars sees himself as having a special formula for peace. Actual truth and reality are a matter of convenience. If it fits... Great! If it doesn't... Explain it away.

Mars, correct me on this if I'm wrong. I don't see how else you can come up with the worldview stew you're espousing.

I would first like to thank you both, Adam and Salsa, for giving your input and views. I can see that you are not trying to offend or be antagonizing towards me. I apologize if my post came over as aggressive towards Christianity in any way. I would like to address your posts at the same time.

"I personally believe that it is very small minded to say that, "only us know the truth and the rest are going to hell." - That I wrote in my post is because, if all religions on Earth believe that God created everything, then one can argue he also created all the different religions and world views out there and all was created with love. That being said, to ask if this is something everybody should agree with? No, everybody should not agree, they must first consider if this is true for them or not. It is but one way of thinking which if shared could, maybe help someone else or strengthen their own beliefs. I want people to consider if we are not forgetting that we are not that different and rather try and unite in our similarities than our differences.

"You cannot prove that your religion is the only one, so stop with this I have the "truth" on my side mentality. It does not exist. It is your humanity that drives your vanity. Set aside your differences and start seeing that you are following people and not God as you would like to believe." - That I wrote in my post comes over as very harsh and aggressive, I apologize and would like to explain.

Religions have been destroyed and created since the beginning of humanity. The reason for this in my opinion is our vanity as humans. People group together to give power to what we feel is the "truth". People then encounter other "truth's" and immediately say they hold no water because they differ. Religion does not have one "truth". It does not exist. Religions together since the beginning of time have "truth" .

All religions are people. This is very important to understand. Behind every religion are people, otherwise the religion dies or stops existing. Go look throughout history and it is easy to find a multitude of religions that do not exist anymore. But why? The reason is people stopped believing in it. This process has been going on since forever.

There are just to many similarities between religions to ignore.

That being all said, I do not think my "truth" is better than anybody else's. So to answer the question if people should live this way? I don't think it is about that. I think it is about realizing something and growing.

There are billions of us, each blessed with the wonder of imagination. Our imagination was given to us in whatever way, be it gods, the big bang, spirits, ancestors, deities etc. was given, so that we could use it for knowledge. Knowledge to me is the greatest currency in our known universe. Sharing this knowledge that is gained through imagination and time should always be treasured and tried to be understood. Why not think that all religions are great and full of wisdom? People interpret things differently so that things can grow and become even greater.

I think there is a misunderstanding. I do not want people to leave their religions or looking for global peace. Neither am I trying to be malicious. I just want to learn and share my view.

We must realize that we are not alone and separate from each other. The idea is to understand each other so we can grow. The input you are giving is very insightful and just adds to a ever growing view. I believe I am very teachable and open, so please share as much possible.

I would first like to thank you both, Adam and Salsa, for giving your input and views. I can see that you are not trying to offend or be antagonizing towards me. I apologize if my post came over as aggressive towards Christianity in any way. I would like to address your posts at the same time.

Hmmm I thought I was really nice too. Maybe you missed my request. Could you please put up your source material from your stories. You're actually not quoting from the sources of the mythologies, but are posting someone else's interpretation.

When you look at the source material, these stories don't quiet add up. Here's a list of all the supposed similarities that have been debunked.

Copycat Savior Figures

Figures claimed to be sources for the life of Jesus. Named entities in alphabetical order.

Alcides (Or Hercules) --The Greek strongman/demigod. See also another item here [subscription to E-Blockrequired].

Alexander of Abonuteichos -- A charismatic figure who started a quasi-religious movement; this is more of a claim of a social parallel.

Attis -- Phrygian and later Greco-Roman demigod. Also discusses the ritual of the "tauribolium".

Buddha -- Two entries on this figure; one here and another here. Please also see Miller's essay linked in the left column.

Krishna -- Hindu deity. Two essays, one here on moral teachings and onehere on life story.

Mithra -- Persian deity.

Zoar -- Unknown figure.

You can click on any of these links to see where the stories have been manipulated to make these seem more similar to Christ. Looking forward to a friendly exchange.
  • Like 1

Hmmm I thought I was really nice too. Maybe you missed my request. Could you please put up your source material from your stories. You're actually not quoting from the sources of the mythologies, but are posting someone else's interpretation.

When you look at the source material, these stories don't quiet add up. Here's a list of all the supposed similarities that have been debunked.

Copycat Savior Figures

Mithra -- Persian deity.

Zoar -- Unknown figure.

You can click on any of these links to see where the stories have been manipulated to make these seem more similar to Christ. Looking forward to a friendly exchange.

Could you please be specific as to what you do not agree with? I will then provide why I took that point and based on which sources I deemed accurate.

I would like to direct your attention to the following websites that will shed more light on tektonics.org and Robert Turkel.

http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/024jph.html

http://the-anointed-one.com/exintro.html

Looking forward to hear what you disagree with. Could you please tell me where I can find the sources for Robert Turkel's opinions.

Could you please be specific as to what you do not agree with? I will then provide why I took that point and based on which sources I deemed accurate.

I would like to direct your attention to the following websites that will shed more light on tektonics.org and Robert Turkel.

Looking forward to hear what you disagree with. Could you please tell me where I can find the sources for Robert Turkel's opinions.

I think Sammy disagrees with the interpretations of all the people he has given links to. Its a bit much to ask him to go through every single false detail of all the people claimed to be similar... Perhaps start with one person and go from there.

Well what I'd like you to do is cite your sources, or at least let us know where you got your information from. I've cited several articles on these types of claims being debunked. But if you'd just be so kind as to give up our sources, that would be a big help. Were the wiki links your source? Let's just pick one for now.

I'm also not sure why you think tektonics is exposed. JPH has always admitted that's not his real name. My guess is Mars isn't your either.

Is there anything in these links that are not simply ad-hominim attacks?

Mars, it would be much more beneficial to this discussion if you quoted actual rebuttals in these kind of links (if any exist), rather than just pasting in a couple and leaving up to us to sift through it all.

Have we not had innumerable conversations, and warnings about simply posting a link as your argument? Mars, read the forum rules about posting links, sans dialogue on your part, in description of said links.

Copycat Savior Figures

Mithra -- Persian deity.

Zoar -- Unknown figure.

After having read through Calminian’s rebuttal of your post, and your answer post, one thing gleans true; Calminian provided links and a brief description on his half of the argument; and you simply posted two links of Argumentum ad Hominem (abusive) by another individual (i.e. NOT YOU), then required Calminian to respond to those ad Hominem attacks.

First – Simply posting links is against forum rules!

Second - ad Hominem attacks are against the forum rules!

Conclusion – Neither are conducive to “honest, educational, civil, and fun debate on the topic of origins”. You may want to re-read those forum rules (the one’s you agreed to abide by when being accepted to be a member of this forum).

If you read what he used you would realize that he used links to tektonics.org as reference to what arguement? He only posted links to someone else's views. I was just showing him that Robert Turkel could be wrong because he is only coming from one point of view.

You did this to me with my other post as well. With that post I showed that all my information that I used could be collaborated. Now you are starting again.

Dis you read what I posted above in each post? Did you read my links? What on Earth are you on about?

You are shallow minded and one sided.

Provide me with questions to what I posted to believe is true and I will explain why. Is that to much to ask? This post was intented to be fun and interresting, now it is just a bunch of Christians trying to attack so that they can defend.

Grow up. I am done with this ridiculously one sided little forum. You will see that only a few stick around for this farce, because you chase people away with your one sided mindsets. Open this site to Christians only. Then you can all debate the same things. Lol, you can then tell each other that your imaginary friends are all real.

I am not convinced. You make stupid rules and arguments and love to take words out of a post and only focus on words. Typical Christian. Always first to quote but a sentence, never realizing that there is something before and after.

If you cannot appretiate my views and post. Then it is fine. I do not need this forum in any shape or form. You can keep your Christian forum and I will move along.

PS. If I must look at all of you and ask if I would like to be like that, then my answer is NO NO NO. You are grumpy old men with closed eyes. Shame I feel sorry for you. You cannot even realize what I was trying to do. Julle almal is moerse dose in my oe. Julle kan almal loop kak. Lmfga. Hoop julle word eendag wakker. Siestog.

If you read what he used you would realize that he used links to tektonics.org as reference to what arguement? He only posted links to someone else's views. I was just showing him that Robert Turkel could be wrong because he is only coming from one point of view.

You did this to me with my other post as well. With that post I showed that all my information that I used could be collaborated. Now you are starting again.

Dis you read what I posted above in each post? Did you read my links? What on Earth are you on about?

You are shallow minded and one sided.

I read through all the posts Mars; each and every one of them. And I read through the links YOU BOTH posted. And had YOU framed your arguments FOR EACH AND EVERY LINK with at least a modicum of understanding (as Calminian did for his), AND had you read the rules (as I suggested), we wouldn’t be having this conversation, because YOU would have known that you weren’t be chastised FOR your argument, but rather the LACK THERE OF.

And at this point, you are not only using “Ad hominem attacks” against me, but you are “Complaining about board moderation” as well.

Once again, YOU need to read the forum rules prior to coming here and misrepresenting what is going on.

Provide me with questions to what I posted to believe is true and I will explain why. Is that to much to ask? This post was intented to be fun and interresting, now it is just a bunch of Christians trying to attack so that they can defend.

Grow up. I am done with this ridiculously one sided little forum. You will see that only a few stick around for this farce, because you chase people away with your one sided mindsets. Open this site to Christians only. Then you can all debate the same things. Lol, you can then tell each other that your imaginary friends are all real.

I am not convinced. You make stupid rules and arguments and love to take words out of a post and only focus on words. Typical Christian. Always first to quote but a sentence, never realizing that there is something before and after.

If you cannot appretiate my views and post. Then it is fine. I do not need this forum in any shape or form. You can keep your Christian forum and I will move along.

PS. If I must look at all of you and ask if I would like to be like that, then my answer is NO NO NO. You are grumpy old men with closed eyes. Shame I feel sorry for you. You cannot even realize what I was trying to do. Julle almal is moerse dose in my oe. Julle kan almal loop kak. Lmfga. Hoop julle word eendag wakker. Siestog.

Mars my friend, it is obvious you only came here to preach without the slightest intention of considering what we had to say (despite you claims). When met with resistance you decide to insult us, and then leave in a big fuming, tantrum. Anyone who meets resistence to "broad" claims can easily turn around and accuse those who resist him of being "narrow"-minded. But we have given you the reasons for our faith, which have nothing to do with being intollerant towards other religions, or because we have inflamed egos, but rather because we are wary of spiritual deception. You have done nothing to address this, but simply chose to portray Christians as being "one-sided". Perhaps you are the one that needs to "grow up"?