Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sflower3

Biblical Lessons On Deciding To Relocate

Greetings,

I'm a new member to the site (big thanks to usafjay1976 for introducing me to this resource) and have a burning decision clouding over me.

Today at church, my pastor taught from Jeremiah 29: 4-14. A high point of the lesson was about learning to live by the fruit of the spirit where you are and not to get caught up in worrying about what's next, or where to go or move to. The timing of this lesson was amazing, for as the opening songs were going on, I was digging through my Bible trying to find some verses or guidance about whether or not I should move my family out to TX when we retire. Nobody in our family is from TX, but we read that it's a great place to live and were considering starting over out there. Our post-Air Force retirement plans include opening a personal training studio and building our Advocare business.

I was having a really tough time trying to decide if we should stay here in NJ where we've developed some roots (we've been stationed here for over 10 years), or to move our family to TX where the cost of living is more comfortable. I realize, from today's sermon, that I should make where ever the Lord has sent me my home and focus on serving Him. I should have faith in that He will work out the details of how we feed ourselves and where when the time is right. However, I feel that we should plan and prepare if we ARE to move.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, can you point me towards some additional scripture on this subject? I want to study His Word and pray for His guidance direction. Do you think the Lord spoke to me through the pastor today? It brought me immediately to tears when I heard this message. Was I being moved by the Spirit? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Your's in Christ,

Sean C. Flower

Hey Sean, welcome aboard man!

There is a great group of folks here and there are definitely many here more knowledgeable than me on scripture.

I did find a few verses though, but perhaps some others can give their input.

There are a bunch of verses in the below link that may inspire.

God bless in your future endeavors my friend!

http://www.openbible.info/topics/moving_forward

Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble. If I stay it will be double. - The Clash

That's the only thing I could come up with. :D

Welcome, Mr. flowers!