Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FaithfulCenturion

Poll: Evolutionist To Creationist And Vice Versa

Milestones?

You know those key times that you learned something that compelled you to question your beliefs?

A brief outline - saved at 27, started seriously investigating the creation/evolution argument about 8 years ago, then gradually drifted away from the yec view to a oec one, then a TE view, then an a-theist viewpoint.

It was gradual? That's a pretty big change to go through. How do you gradually go from YEC to rejecting God completely?

Took about 4 years to go from yec to a-theist.

In those four years were you half YEC half atheist?

In those four years were you half YEC half atheist?

I did list the progression.

Words, they do mean things.

I did list the progression.

Words, they do mean things.

I was hoping you'd share more details. Maybe when you feel more comfortable, you'll discuss the details on this discussion forum. :)

Welcome.

I was hoping you'd share more details. Maybe when you feel more comfortable, you'll discuss the details on this discussion forum. smile.png

Welcome.

"Half yec, half atheist" was rather flippant and careless.

When I see an appropriate response, I will be more likely to reply.

"Half yec, half atheist" was rather flippant and careless.

I was serious. I am curious, for the nature of this thread, how you 'gradually' abandon your Christianity?

Just out of curiousity... do you display this level of sensitivity for Christians when your fellow atheists go far beyond what I said as they ridicule them?

When I see an appropriate response, I will be more likely to reply.

Oh.

I was serious. I am curious, for the nature of this thread, how you 'gradually' abandon your Christianity?

I decided to attempt to debunk the ToE and any data that proposed an opposing view of my yec faith.

I diligently followed information and links relayed to me by non-theists. I was determined to be rigidly open-minded. After all, the bible was correct, so other theories and hypotheses had to be somehow wrong right?

As I did, I discovered that there was fact and evidence in what these people were proposing. It challenged me to my core yet my intellectual honesty forced me to accept the truth as I found it and I doubled and triple checked these findings so I can assure you I did not come to these conclusions lightly.

Going from yec to oec was a logical progression.

As my curiosity was piqued, my studies became more and more involved as I became more and more fascinated by this newfound knowledge.

Eventually I graduated to a TE viewpoint.

I started seeing other inconsistencies in christian reasoning and flaws in bible stories and became agnostic.

An a-theist viewpoint was the next step.

I now enjoy a newfound freedom - that of my mind. I feel I have it back.

The truth definitely sets you free - you should try it yourself.

Just out of curiousity... do you display this level of sensitivity for Christians when your fellow atheists go far beyond what I said as they ridicule them?

It depends on two things - if I am aware of the instances to which you refer, and if the poster in question needed to be told what he was told.

Oh

Yeah.

Please excuse the miss-use of the quotes, I haven't worked out how to edit them properly yet.

I decided to attempt to debunk the ToE and any data that proposed an opposing view of my yec faith.

I diligently followed information and links relayed to me by non-theists. I was determined to be rigidly open-minded. After all, the bible was correct, so other theories and hypotheses had to be somehow wrong right?

Ah now that is where you went wrong. Anti-theist's rely on propaganda websites which at many times are scientifically incorrect. Talk Origins is notorious for this.

Might I suggest you do some self-study, where YOU follow the evidence yourself, independently. That is what I did and I found myself moving away from evolution due to the lack of evidence.

As I did, I discovered that there was fact and evidence in what these people were proposing. It challenged me to my core yet my intellectual honesty forced me to accept the truth as I found it and I doubled and triple checked these findings so I can assure you I did not come to these conclusions lightly.

Going from yec to oec was a logical progression.

I could say the same for moving from an evolutionist to a creationist wink.png

I now enjoy a newfound freedom - that of my mind. I feel I have it back.

The truth definitely sets you free - you should try it yourself.

This insinuates many negative implications, I hope this was an honest mistake.

The truth certainly does set you free; sadly, as we see often on this forum evolutionists keep running from it, (let alone admit that truth exists, they hate absolutes ;) ). Please feel free to read and comment on the various threads and see for yourself the "other side" of the evidence you were denied by only researching pro-evolution / atheism propaganda websites.

supramk3speed/ number 11. Was an atheist/agnostic for much of my younger years. My mom is atheist, my dad is a progressive Christian. Basically not a very good Christian, one who never discussed Jesus with me. And thanks to the ideology of my school I wasted years of my life as a dead inside atheist.

Ah now that is where you went wrong. Anti-theist's rely on propaganda websites which at many times are scientifically incorrect. Talk Origins is notorious for this.

​Like I said, I double and triple checked my sources, many of which were scientific sites, and not talkorigins.

Might I suggest you do some self-study, where YOU follow the evidence yourself, independently. That is what I did and I found myself moving away from evolution due to the lack of evidence.

That is exactly what I did. I can only assume you did not investigate with the same amount of determination to be totally honest with yourself.

I could say the same for moving from an evolutionist to a creationist wink.png

I went from non-theist, to flaming theist, back to non-theist. That means I raised you one.

This insinuates many negative implications, I hope this was an honest mistake.

Feel free to elaborate - I'm a big boy now.

The truth certainly does set you free; sadly, as we see often on this forum evolutionists keep running from it, (let alone admit that truth exists, they hate absolutes wink.png ). Please feel free to read and comment on the various threads and see for yourself the "other side" of the evidence you were denied by only researching pro-evolution / atheism propaganda websites.

Thanks, I have been at this type of thing for around 35 years, so you might say I have been around the block a time or two. wink.png