Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bonedigger

Usernames Vs Acronyms: What Do You Prefer?

There is a tendency on this forum to reduce member's usernames to acronyms or abbreviations. Personally, I don't have a problem with that as it makes it easier to respond to a post without having to spell out the username of a member in full while responding to their post. In fact, such expressions can become a form of familiar endearment. However, some have expressed confusion, or even indignation at the practice. So, what I propose here is a venue where you can spell out what acronyms (if any), or what variations on your username you may prefer or are comfortable with, so that those appellations will not become an issue when discussing such volatile issues as Creation vs Evolution, etc. Pending Fred's approval, I will pin this topic in the Welcome Section, and, hopefully we will all follow such requests.

As for myself, Bone, BD, or Bonedigger are all fine for me. wink.png

FWIW, I'm fine with the practice as long as it's clear who the acronym or "nickname" refers to and it's not insulting. I'm good with "Pi."

Personally... My intention is to use acronyms as much as possible BUT I'm a little insulted that people sometimes refer to me just as "Adam". My preference would be "Sir Adam Nagy" :D

Personally... My intention is to use acronyms as much as possible BUT I'm a little insulted that people sometimes refer to me just as "Adam". My preference would be "Sir Adam Nagy" biggrin.png

SAN it is. biggrin.png

SAN it is. biggrin.png

I was going to go with "Sir Adam Nagy The Great" but my humility kicked in. :P

Besides the reality is; "Nagy" translates to "Great" in Hungarian. (No joke :))

Do you have similar acronyms or abbreviations you’ve wondered about?

I’ve collected over More then 200 social media acronyms and abbreviations and placed them here in this post, complete with definitions and quick navigation to help you find the terms you’re interested in. Let me know if there are others that you’ve noticed that didn’t make this list!