Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Schera Do

A Real Forum! Hello.

I've been spending a lot of time pounding out things in some of the awful "social media" sites and I'm very happy that, somehow, I got over here and registered.

If I'm asked, I identify as Agnostic; though I can't be sure the questioner shares my definition. Recently, I formulated the following as a reaction to people conflating Atheists and Agnostics: No self-respecting Agnostic would give the time of day to an Atheist.

"Proofers" is what I call Atheists who will adduce evidence that there is no God or gods. Those who will admit and present their "proof" are rare. Many exclaim that there is no "need" to posit a God with all the "evidence" being heaped into the body of knowledge on the subject.

I'm not one of those.

I believe that these are some of the great mysteries that remain:

1) the origin of life on Earth
2) existence of life off-Earth:

3) how, precisely, complex life--humans, for example--developed from some prior forms, if that occurred
4) the origin of the Universe, if it had one.

Welcome. From your comments, I expect your input will be really interesting.

Thank you, piasan, FaithfulCenturion and supamk3speed. Please, don't hesitate to give me any pointers on how things work around here.

I do have one question, do any of you use a picture hosting site from which to generate links to post here?

Thanks Argyle.

As Roger Waters told us, if God gets what he wants, then everything that IS, God wants.

God wants dollars
God wants cents
God wants pounds shillings and pence
God wants guilders
God wants kroner
God wants Swiss francs
God wants French francs
Oui il veut des francs francais
God wants escudos
God wants pesetas
Don't send lira
God don't want small potatoes
God wants small towns
God wants pain
God wants clean up rock campaigns
God wants widows
God wants solution
God wants TV
God wants contributions
What God wants God gets God help us all

What God Wants, Part II, "Amused To Death"

-------Edit: added pic -------

amusedtodeath60_zpsb5d4409b.jpg

Thank you, piasan, FaithfulCenturion and supamk3speed. Please, don't hesitate to give me any pointers on how things work around here.

I do have one question, do any of you use a picture hosting site from which to generate links to post here?

Welcome Schera Do.

A lot of us use Photobucket.

After you have 50 posts and become an advanced member, you can upload images and other files directly, although there is a global limit to how much you can upload and store on the forum, and the images aren't automatically displayed in the post for guests like they are for members.

Thanks,Bonedigger, for the welcome and Photobucket tip.

Thanks,Bonedigger, for the welcome and Photobucket tip.

Welcome to the forum. One thing that moved me away from christian skepticism/ a certian phil. of skepticism were math teachers and people on this forum. I wondered/asked: Is T(t)ruth knowable? How do you know that? Hope you like it here. We have to mind the rules.

Welcome to the forum. One thing that moved me away from christian skepticism/ a certian phil. of skepticism were math teachers and people on this forum. I wondered/asked: Is T(t)ruth knowable? How do you know that? Hope you like it here. We have to mind the rules.

Thanks, rico.

Blue by Who?

Years ago, 2004 and 5-7, perhaps, I used to be a member of a very fine message board (forum) run and maintained by a fine person for two internationally renown musicians.

I posted everything in blue, darkblue, actually.

I wonder whether Cally saw my blue then and has adopted this method? Perhaps.

Perhaps not.

What does this have to do with anything?

Blue by Who?

Years ago, 2004 and 5-7, perhaps, I used to be a member of a very fine message board (forum) run and maintained by a fine person for two internationally renown musicians.

I posted everything in blue, darkblue, actually.

I wonder whether Cally saw my blue then and has adopted this method? Perhaps.

Perhaps not.

What does this have to do with anything?

IMO, which is worth about what you paid for it... maybe a little less ... you're still a member of a very fine message board.

Some people like to make their comments stand out. Blue seems to be a pretty good color for that. In my own experience, I've been in discussions with someone who would claim you were trying to hide something if you left out old repetitive material (spooge). For that reason, I make a note at the top that my new comments are in blue just to make it easy for people to find the current stuff without the need to wade thru piles of old stuff that may not even be relevant anymore.

You're right... it has nothing to do with anything. At least not anything of relevance.

• Like 1

I figured it was just because of problems making the quote function work, to make it easier to distinguish what is being quoted (left in black), and the response (in blue).

I figured it was just because of problems making the quote function work, to make it easier to distinguish what is being quoted (left in black), and the response (in blue).

Yeah... that's pretty much what I figured too.

I also figured the "misattribution" Schera was complaining about were also problems with the quote function.... which, it seems, he encountered himself.

Yeah... that's pretty much what I figured too.

I also figured the "misattribution" Schera was complaining about were also problems with the quote function.... which, it seems, he encountered himself.

I was complaining because the series was a spectacular response to the subject at hand and the mis-attribution was OMITTED ATTTRIBUTION and worthy of banning the offenders.

Welcome Schera Do. Hope you are enjoying the forum.

Some people like to make their comments stand out. Blue seems to be a pretty good color for that.

Apparently some schools have banned red pen since it looks more angry for students. I guess they use blue there too ;)

Thanks gilbo(linear progression 1..5).

Apparently some schools have banned red pen since it looks more angry for students. I guess they use blue there too wink.png

I had heard that there were complaints that using red was damaging to the student's self-esteem. As I recall, at those schools teachers simply swithced to a different color. (Green, IIRC)

See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584672/School-bans-red-ink-tells-teachers-mark-green-instead-pupils-respond-purple.html

And the "issue" isn't limited to the UK:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7374218/ns/us_news-education/t/parents-teachers-no-more-red-pencils/

All I can say is "gimmeabreak."

I had heard that there were complaints that using red was damaging to the student's self-esteem. As I recall, at those schools teachers simply swithced to a different color. (Green, IIRC)

See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584672/School-bans-red-ink-tells-teachers-mark-green-instead-pupils-respond-purple.html

And the "issue" isn't limited to the UK:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7374218/ns/us_news-education/t/parents-teachers-no-more-red-pencils/

All I can say is "gimmeabreak."

I agree, most of this PC stuff is utter nonsense.

Well if we go off emotions associated with colours I guess the red signified anger and perhaps that the teacher was angry with them for their bad marks.

So wouldn't green demonstrate envy? ;)

... So wouldn't green demonstrate envy? ...

Or love of money? <^GASP!!!*>

Red--idiotically and maliciously inappropriately--is the "designated" color of the political party "Republican" in U. S. of A.

If school-authorities want to make an argument for restriction of pen-color to one color, then black is the color that photo-copies properly over the other colors.

Or love of money? <^GASP!!!*>

Good point lol