Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Goku

Hello

Hi guys, I'm Goku, or at least I have found the character interesting since childhood.

I'm an atheist and, big surprise, an evolutionist. Politically I would describe myself as liberal. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun disagreeing with each other, and perhaps find some common ground too.

Hi guys, I'm Goku, or at least I have found the character interesting since childhood.

I'm an atheist and, big surprise, an evolutionist. Politically I would describe myself as liberal. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun disagreeing with each other, and perhaps find some common ground too.

Welcome, aboard, Goku. Prepare for a wild ride.

With Calypsis4 as the elephant in the china shop... ;)

Hi Goku. Welcome to the forum.

With Calypsis4 as the elephant in the china shop... wink.png

At least I'm not a white elephant. 8.gif

Welcome, Goku. You'll find this a MUCH better forum than most of the evolution/creation discussions. Generally, the creationists are much more knowledgeable than most and the atmosphere has virtually none of the name calling that is so common in these groups.

Goku, on 27 Oct 2014 - 12:18 PM, wrote:

... I'm an atheist and, big surprise, an evolutionist. Politically I would describe myself as liberal. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun disagreeing with each other, and perhaps find some common ground too.

I hope that you don't live in a "three strikes and you're out" State, as I do...

Perhaps, in one of the relevant threads, you can reveal what "type" of Atheist to which you might admit.

Try here [igonore 3)] then here for my take on "types".

-----Added in Edit:--------------------

As an American, I find it cringe-worthy when someone self-describes with "liberal". I think something in the 'Politics' section may appear so that we can add to the excitement...

Oh wow, you weren't kidding! I've browsed a few threads and I see I will need to bring my A game here. :)

Goku, on 27 Oct 2014 - 12:18 PM, wrote:

I hope that you don't live in a "three strikes and you're out" State, as I do...

Perhaps, in one of the relevant threads, you can reveal what "type" of Atheist to which you might admit.

Try here [igonore 3)] then here for my take on "types".

-----Added in Edit:--------------------

As an American, I find it cringe-worthy when someone self-describes with "liberal". I think something in the 'Politics' section may appear so that we can add to the excitement...

I'm not sure what type of atheist I am, the most succinct way I can put it right now is that I don't see proportional evidence to support the claim of God's existence. I will elaborate on the other thread.

In general I'd say I'm liberal, but I know America is kind of unique in how we view politics so I don't know how I'd stack up against some sort of international standard.

• Like 1

Goku, on 27 Oct 2014 - 7:28 PM, wrote:

... In general I'd say I'm liberal, but I know America is kind of unique in how we view politics so I don't know how I'd stack up against some sort of international standard. ...

I think that "American Liberal" would be accurate enough for a beginning on a forum with international members. There can be no assumptions made about the meaning of such a thing prior to discussion of the subject in or out of America. I'm mulling what to post in the 'Politics' section...