Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marian

Suggested Reading?

Guest martemius

Here's an ordered sequence of reading that should help a number of people here (I tried to keep it as short as possible):

"Calculus from Graphical, Numerical, and Symbolic Points of View" and "Multivariable Calculus" by Ostebee and Zorn

"Introduction to Analysis" by Arthur Mattuck

"Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems" by Boyce and DiPrima

"Partial Differential Equations" by Lawrence Evans

"Introduction to Smooth Manifolds" by John Lee

"Classical Mechanics" by John Taylor

"Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David Griffiths

"Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David Griffiths

"Spacetime Physics" by Taylor and Wheeler

"General Relativity" by Robert Wald

Probably some biology books too, but it's not as if I've read them either, so it's not really my place to say.

edit: maybe throw a "Principles of Physical Cosmology" by Peebles in there too

The Scientific Case for Creation - Henry Morris, Ph.D.

I would recommend you read "The greatest show on earth", by Richard Dawkins.

If the creationists here would read it, you could pretty much close down the forum!

Of course you are incorrect in so many ways. But, since you like court opinions as evidence, here’s one that directly refutes your assertion, and supports mine:

On August 19, 2005 the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that atheism should be treated as a ‘religion.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45874 ;)

46692[/snapback]

LOL. Well, if atheism is a religion, who or what do we worship, and what scripures do we have? Where are the rules?

LOL. Well, if atheism is a religion, who or what do we worship, and what scripures do we have? Where are the rules?

46694[/snapback]

Nature, and naturalistic beginnings/evolution. No God or gods in the picture. Your Idol is nature, and the naturalistic world. Such is easy to see.

LOL. Well, if atheism is a religion,

46694[/snapback]

Yes... Oh, + you must not have read the link <_<

who or what do we worship,

46694[/snapback]

Evolution, nature et.al...

and what scripures do we have? Where are the rules?

46694[/snapback]

The writings of darwin, the Humanist Manifesto, and any other evolutheistic writing that you can latch onto and make statements like "I would recommend you read "The greatest show on earth", by Richard Dawkins. If the creationists here would read it, you could pretty much close down the forum!" And then come back and dogmatically defend the stance. :angry:

Yes... Oh, + you must not have read the link  <_<

Evolution, nature et.al...

The writings of darwin and any other evolutheistic writing that you can latch onto and make statements like "I would recommend you read "The greatest show on earth", by Richard Dawkins. If the creationists here would read it, you could pretty much close down the forum!"  And then come back and dogmatically defend the stance.  :angry:

46724[/snapback]

Oh come on, Ron. You don't think we actually "worship" those ideas do you?

Oh come on, Ron. You don't think we actually "worship" those ideas do you?

46732[/snapback]

The way you're dogmatically defending it?... Absolutely! The problem is, you don't realize it.

The way you're dogmatically defending it?... Absolutely! The problem is, you don't realize it.

46789[/snapback]

Too right I don't realise it! Defending what is almost universally regarded as the truth (evolution) does not imply "worship", Ron.

Too right I don't realise it! Defending what is almost universally regarded as the truth (evolution) does not imply "worship", Ron.

46790[/snapback]

But you do worship it, and you do realize it. It's easy to see also. Besides evolution isn't truth, because if it was, you could show it as plain as day. In each and every post.

Such you have failed to do, and so has every other evolutionist.

46789[/snapback]

46790[/snapback]

"Universally regarded as the truth" by it's faithful and zealous (sometimes over zealous... See Richard Dawkins) adherents.

http://www.evanwiggs.com/articles/reasons.html

Dunno if this counts as a reading, but it pertains to the argument currently going on, so why not. :)

46882[/snapback]

Excellent post Cata

Guest DNAunion

My recommendations for science books (and some DVDs).

EVOLUTION

1. Your Inner Fish: A Journey Into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body, Neil Shubin, Pantheon Books, 2008

2. The Making of the Fittest: DNA and the Ultimate Forensic Record of Evolution, Sean B. Carroll, W. W. Norton & Co., 2006

3. Why Evolution Is True, Jerry A. Coyne, Viking, 2009

4. Relics of Eden: The Powerful Evidence of Evolution in Human DNA, Daniel J. Fairbanks, Prometheus Books, 2007

5. Endless Forms Most Beautiful: The New Science of Evo Devo, Sean B. Carroll, W. W. Norton & Co., 2005

6. Protein Evolution: 2nd Edition, Lazlo Patthy, Blackwell Science, 2007

AGE OF THE EARTH, MOON, AND METEORITES

1. Ancient Earth, Ancient Skies: The Age of Earth and Its Cosmic Surroundings, G. Brent Dalrymple, Stanford University Press, 2004

ASTRONOMY AND/OR COSMOLOGY

1. Cosmology: The History and Nature of Our Universe, Mark Whittle, The Teaching Company, 2008 (not a book: an 18-hour DVD lecture series)

2. Introduction to Astronomy and Cosmology, Ian Morison, John Wiley & Sons, 2008

MODERN PHYSICS: RELATIVITY AND QUANTUM

1. Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists: 2nd Edition, Richard Wolfson, The Teaching Company, 2000 (not a book: a 12-hour DVD lecture series)

My recommendations for science books (and some DVDs).

EVOLUTION

1. Your Inner Fish: A Journey Into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body, Neil Shubin, Pantheon Books, 2008

2. The Making of the Fittest: DNA and the Ultimate Forensic Record of Evolution, Sean B. Carroll, W. W. Norton & Co., 2006

3. Why Evolution Is True, Jerry A. Coyne, Viking, 2009

4. Relics of Eden: The Powerful Evidence of Evolution in Human DNA, Daniel J. Fairbanks, Prometheus Books, 2007

5. Endless Forms Most Beautiful: The New Science of Evo Devo, Sean B. Carroll, W. W. Norton & Co., 2005

6. Protein Evolution: 2nd Edition, Lazlo Patthy, Blackwell Science, 2007

AGE OF THE EARTH, MOON, AND METEORITES

1. Ancient Earth, Ancient Skies: The Age of Earth and Its Cosmic Surroundings, G. Brent Dalrymple, Stanford University Press, 2004

ASTRONOMY AND/OR COSMOLOGY

1. Cosmology: The History and Nature of Our Universe, Mark Whittle, The Teaching Company, 2008 (not a book: an 18-hour DVD lecture series)

2. Introduction to Astronomy and Cosmology, Ian Morison, John Wiley & Sons, 2008

MODERN PHYSICS: RELATIVITY AND QUANTUM

1. Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists: 2nd Edition, Richard Wolfson, The Teaching Company, 2000 (not a book: a 12-hour DVD lecture series)

52696[/snapback]

I'll need to check some of these out.

My current read (besides the Bible)...

The Fabric of the Cosmos

by Brian Greene

Peace

I would highly recommend "Only a Theory" by Ken Miller. It's one of the best books I've ever read on the topic of origins. It's also short and it's written for the layman.

Hello, All

Let me just say first off Praise be to God for leading me to this sight and second of all I had to chuckel when I saw all the books people are listing cause theres only one book people need to be reading to learn everything there is to say about origins and that's the Holy Bible. Period, IMO!

Dawkins books might as well say co authored by Satan right on the front cover, LOL. If he was honest thats what he's say but I think we all know better than that.

I'm kindly new here and I'll be the first one too admit I don't know much about the socalled science of darwinism and no thats not a typo I will NEVER capitalize his name like I will the creator God with a capitol G! :P if I ever do its by accident!

Anyway theres no need to read all those books or even hardly any of them I'd say, cause you already know what there going to say! LOL

Seems someone else already mentioned it on page two, either way its an excellent book.

Here's an excellent book called After the flood, by Bill Cooper. You can read the whole book for free here in pdf form. Highly recommended.

http://www.ezekielwatch.com/Portals/69/Res...terTheFlood.pdf

61190[/snapback]

You also might like Forgotten History of the Western People by Mike Gascoigne. However i have noted with these works that they identify Japheth with Europe, but in my opinion that is wrong. A work that corrects all this is ''In search of...the Origins of Nations'' by C. M White.

http://www.originofnations.org/insearchof_...ions/index.html

Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth and Apologetics, Third Edition

By: William Lane Craig

Apologetics: an Introduction

The Cosmological Argument from Plato to Leibniz

Classical Apologetics: A Rational Defense of the Christian Faith and a Critique of Presuppositional Apologetics

By: R. C. Sproul, Arthur Lindsley, John H. Gerstner, Ph.D.

Making Sense Out of Suffering

By; Peter Kreeft

What’s So Great About Christianity

By: Dinesh D’Souza

Here is a good book about Chinese characters and the book of genesis and how they match  quite well The discovery of genesis

Enjoy

67876[/snapback]

Good book. I actually bought this from a missionary while I was in Hong Kong back in 1982.

...Unfortunately I lent it to someone and never got it back.

Here is a good book about Chinese characters and the book of genesis and how they match  quite well The discovery of genesis

Enjoy

67876[/snapback]

I just realized that your link contains the entire book in PDF format...so I downloaded it. :lol:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Our Terms