Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
want the truth

Can't Copy And Paste/quote?

Whenever I try to copy and paste it won't let me!!!

The same thing applies to quoting; every time I hit quote button, nothing in the text box shows up :(

Has anyone experienced this before?

I'm guessing you recently upgraded(?) to Win 8 or IE 11. I've been experiencing the same problem since I did.

In order to quote, you need to click the "BBC code" mode button at the top left of the message tool bar. You can pretty much forget using the tool bar for that matter. If you want to use things like colors, text sizes or types, superscript, subscript, underline, italics, bold, etc. you will need to type in the HTML codes by hand. You can, however, then "unclick" the button and type in text pretty much as normal.

In order to copy-paste from an outside source, you'll need to click that button again.

My understanding from when I first encountered this and asked is that the problem is with IE11 and there is a fix and there were plans to install the fix.

• Like 1

Whenever I try to copy and paste it won't let me!!!

The same thing applies to quoting; every time I hit quote button, nothing in the text box shows up :(

Has anyone experienced this before?

I'm guessing you recently upgraded(?) to Win 8 or IE 11.   I've been experiencing the same problem since I did.

In order to quote, you need to click the "BBC code" mode button at the top left of the message tool bar.  You can pretty much forget using the tool bar for that matter.  If you want to use things like colors, text sizes or types, superscript, subscript, underline, italics, bold, etc. you will need to type in the HTML codes by hand.  You can, however, then "unclick" the button and type in text pretty much as normal.

In order to copy-paste from an outside source, you'll need to click that button again.

My understanding from when I first encountered this and asked is that the problem is with IE11 and there is a fix and there were plans to install the fix.

I knew it had to be something from my end!  I just recently upgraded to Win 8 not too long ago.

Thanks for the reply, Piasan,

After some hiccups, Fred was finally able to upgrade the forum to 3.4.7 today, and it looks like that fixed the copy/past/quote issues. I'm posting this using IE 11, and I had no problem quoting the above posts.

640px-Perot_Museum_Alamosaurus_and_Tyran

It also fixed the image hyperlink function. I didn't get stuck in the pop up menu trying to create this image hyperlink like it would do before. :Just_Cuz:

After some hiccups, Fred was finally able to upgrade the forum to 3.4.7 today, and it looks like that fixed the copy/past/quote issues. I'm posting this using IE 11, and I had no problem quoting the above posts.

Thanks to Fred for getting this straightened out.  I know it's been a struggle and appreciate the effort.