Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
snailyn

Has Anyone Noticed

My first thread so bear with me.

I have recently been speaking to a few people about Christianity, the gospel etcetera and have noted a rise in Gnosticism. Specifically the God Jehovah being the evil God and Jesus being the real God who usurps the OT God ushering in a new faith/religion.

Now this is all based on evolution, God of the OT allowed evil, used evolution, the brokenness of the world was all part of His doing. Having no real knowledge of Gods justice, no acceptance of Gods judgement for sin they classify Jehovah a demi god, a demi god that needed Christ to usurp Him.

So effectively take out Gods perfect creation and insert a god who created a broken world and we have no promise, no returning to Gods rest in Eden.

Has anyone else noticed the rise of the Gnostic, is there a way to reconcile a God who created using evolution, a survival of the fittest fight for life with a loving caring God.

How do evolution believing Christians justify the God of creation, being a creator of a world that was broken from the start.

Now please dont think I am picking a fight, being rude or arrogant, I am looking for answers to nonchristians questions, I accept Christians who believe in evolution and am not against their views

Surely others have had to deal with these issues

My first thread so bear with me.

I have recently been speaking to a few people about Christianity, the gospel etcetera and have noted a rise in Gnosticism. Specifically the God Jehovah being the evil God and Jesus being the real God who usurps the OT God ushering in a new faith/religion.

Now this is all based on evolution, God of the OT allowed evil, used evolution, the brokenness of the world was all part of His doing. Having no real knowledge of Gods justice, no acceptance of Gods judgement for sin they classify Jehovah a demi god, a demi god that needed Christ to usurp Him.

So effectively take out Gods perfect creation and insert a god who created a broken world and we have no promise, no returning to Gods rest in Eden.

Has anyone else noticed the rise of the Gnostic, is there a way to reconcile a God who created using evolution, a survival of the fittest fight for life with a loving caring God.

How do evolution believing Christians justify the God of creation, being a creator of a world that was broken from the start.

Now please dont think I am picking a fight, being rude or arrogant, I am looking for answers to nonchristians questions, I accept Christians who believe in evolution and am not against their views

Surely others have had to deal with these issues

First of all, welcome to the board, snailyn.

You are correct, but that view of the gnostics on their defintion of 'god' is just one of many different ideas they have about him. What amazes me is the fact that modern gnostic cults are almost a mirror image of the ancient gnostics who held to the same ideas and practices as their modern descendants. There was even a cult like the one run by Thulsa Doom in the 1980's version of Conan the Barbarian. They were snake worshippers called the 'Ophites' (from the History of the Christian Church by Phillip Schaff, vol. 2). There are similar snake cults like that today, mostly in Asia. This is but one of hundreds of examples of gnostic teaching that modern movies, television, and books are proliferated with.

thulsa-doom-4_zps704e3379.jpg

Best wishes and happy posting.

• Like 1

Sounds like Marcion of Sinope.

Yes, he was one of the leaders. We are told: "Study of the Jewish Scriptures, along with received writings circulating in the nascent Church, led Marcion to conclude that many of the teachings of Jesus were incompatible with the actions of the God of the Old Testament, Yahweh. Marcion responded by developing a di-theistic system of belief around the year 144.[6] This notion of two gods—a higher transcendent one and a lower world creator and ruler—allowed Marcion to reconcile contradictions between Old Covenant theology and the Gospel message proclaimed by Jesus." (Wikipedia)

gnosticduelgod_zps296e385c.png

The gnostic dual 'god' idea. One part good and one part evil. But in reality there is no difference between Jehovah God of the O.T. and Jesus Christ of the N.T. They are both Alpha and Omega, the first and the last...but still One God.

• Like 1