Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Schera Do

'# Warning Points' Under Avatar In Posts

I found a member who has "warning points" in this post.

This member does NOT have a "# warning points" entry in his personal description which appears below his avatar in his posts; I have not been able to find another member WITH "# warning points" displayed with posts.

I don't have warning points, but DO have this entry below my avatar in posts. Can anyone tell me the reason?

This member does NOT have a "# warning points" entry in his personal description which appears below his avatar in his posts; I have not been able to find another member WITH "# warning points" displayed with posts.

I don't have warning points, but DO have this entry below my avatar in posts. Can anyone tell me the reason?

I know that when I'm signed on, I can see my own warning points displayed, but not those of other members.  I simply assumed this is treated as private information that is not made available to everyone. 

Just for your info: the warning points are still there.

(I was going to post that and than I found I was the forum member being talked about.)

Also in the future I would prefer it if people talk about me, they would also talk with me.

As a regular member, the only warning points you can see is your own. Only Moderators and Admins can see the warning points of another member. As Ron (an Admin at the time) explained in the post you linked to, it's mainly a way for moderators to keep track of repeated violators. There is no set limit to the amount of warning points you can receive, nor are warning points required for someone to be banned.

As a regular member, the only warning points you can see is your own. Only Moderators and Admins can see the warning points of another member. As Ron (an Admin at the time) explained in the post you linked to, it's mainly a way for moderators to keep track of repeated violators. There is no set limit to the amount of warning points you can receive, nor are warning points required for someone to be banned.

Do warning points remain "forever" or do they fade away over time?

Do warning points remain "forever" or do they fade away over time?

That's up to the discretion of the moderator giving the warning. By default they are permanent, but they can be set to expire after a certain time period, if the moderator so chooses.

Thanks, Bonedigger--and all else--for the clarification.

Also in the future I would prefer it if people talk about me, they would also talk with me.

I have to assume that something was lost in the "translation" concerning this sentence. Did you forget an emoticon? For example, when you used the word "racist" to describe my copied joke in another thread, I concluded that you were ignorant of the definition of that word. I'm waiting for your explanation in that other thread.

What I did was search the "Information Desk" section with "warning points" and found the single post which I referenced in the OP: when I could not see "# warning posts" for THAT member who happened to be you, I started this thread.

Sure there was missing an emoticon. It might have come across harcher then in intended. 

The reference to me was not required. If you had wanted to make sure the reference had gotten to me, you could have asked your question in the same topic. Now people with the same questions as you will have to check 2 different topics. ;)

Sure there was missing an emoticon. It might have come across harcher then in intended. 

The reference to me was not required. If you had wanted to make sure the reference had gotten to me, ...

I never intended to address you: it was not about you. Sorry.