Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyara

I have been posting for a few days, and finally got around to post my "hello" here.

So: Hello

I have quite a bit different "religion" if you can call it that, then most, and I am used to being ridiculed.

I believe everyone has a spirit guardian. Mine is female, and way to serious, it drives my crazy sometimes. (pun intended)

But feel free to ask any question you want, depending on the kind of question I'll answer, or not. I am not easily offended.

I've bumped into you a couple times.... welcome to the forum.   I think you'll enjoy it.

I've bumped into you a couple times.... welcome to the forum.   I think you'll enjoy it.

thank you,

I have read some posts from you, and I must say I find them quite impressive.

... I should mention that I am not an "agnostic" in (probably) your definition, but its the closest in the options I could chose. ...

My definition is, "I don't know" on the question of God's existence.

My belief is that the god of the Christians, may exist among many others around us, and that its part of nature like us all.

... I have quite a bit different "religion" if you can call it that, then most, and I am used to being ridiculed.

I believe everyone has a spirit guardian. Mine is female, and way to serious, it drives my crazy sometimes. (pun intended)

But feel free to ask any question you want, depending on the kind of question I'll answer, or not. I am not easily offended.

I don't recall what options are available such that you had to settle for "agnostic" when you DO believe in some entity that is non-human and which can--in my opinion--be classified as a deity.

Do you disagree with my characterization of what you believe as a deity?

-------------Edit01---------------

worldviewOptions_zpse17n9vrt.jpg

I don't recall what options are available such that you had to settle for "agnostic" when you DO believe in some entity that is non-human and which can--in my opinion--be classified as a deity.

Do you disagree with my characterization of what you believe as a deity?

-------------Edit01---------------

worldviewOptions_zpse17n9vrt.jpg

she is certainly not a deity. she's not all powerfull, or immortal or has any other 'deitic' properties.

In fact, I don't think any deity exist how humans describe them. Most of them are just spirits like mine. others are made up, of made stronger then they really are.

For example the old Greek, Roman or Celtic gods, those are spirits that have died, yet their "followers" also claimed they would be immortal.

she is certainly not a deity. she's not all powerfull, or immortal or has any other 'deitic' properties.

In fact, I don't think any deity exist how humans describe them. Most of them are just spirits like mine. others are made up, of made stronger then they really are.

For example the old Greek, Roman or Celtic gods, those are spirits that have died, yet their "followers" also claimed they would be immortal.

This is where we disagree. The omni-_____ (fill-in the blank) entity is not required to satisfy the requirements of the definition of deity.

webster-dictionary.org (deity)

De´i`ty Pronunciation: dē´ĭ`tŷ

n. 1. ...

2. A god or goddess; a heathen god.

To worship calves, the deities

Of Egypt.

- Milton.

The Deity

God, the Supreme Being.

This great poet and philosopher [simonides], the more he contemplated the nature of the Deity, found that he waded but the more out of his depth.

- Addison.

Related words

Aides, Aidoneus, Amen-Ra, Amor, Aphrodite, Apollo, Apollo Musagetes, Ares, Artemis, Ashtoreth, Astarte, Astraea, Athena, Atropos, Baal, Bellona, Bragi, Cailleac, Calliope, Castilian Spring, Cerberus, Ceres, Charon, Clio, Clotho, Cora, Cupid, Cynthia, Dame Fortune, Davy, Davy Jones, Decuma, Demeter, Despoina, Diana, Dike, Dionysos, Dionysus, Dis, Dis pater, Discordia, Donar, Dylan, Earth, Enyo, Erato, Erebus, Eris, Eros, Euterpe, Fata, Fates, Faunus, Flora, Fortuna, Frey, Freya, Frigg, Gaea, Gaia, Ge, Hades, Heaven, Hecate, Hekate, Hel, Helicon, Helios, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Hippocrene, Hymen, Hyperion, Indra, Isis, Juno, Jupiter Fidius, Jupiter Fulgur, Jupiter Pluvius, Jupiter Tonans, Justice, Justitia, Kama, Kore, Lachesis, Loki, Love, Luna, Mars, Melpomene, Mercury, Minerva, Minos, Moirai, Morta, Muse, Nemesis, Neptune, Nereid, Nereus, Nona, Norns, Oceanid, Oceanus, Odin, Orcus, Osiris, Pan, Parcae, Parnassus, Persephassa, Persephone, Phoebe, Phoebus, Phoebus Apollo, Pierian Spring, Pierides, Pluto, Polyhymnia, Pomona, Poseidon, Priapus, Pronuba, Proserpina, Proserpine, Providence, Ra, Rhadamanthus, Satan, Savitar, Selene, Set, Shamash, Skuld, Sol, Surya, Teleia, Tellus, Terpsichore, Terra, Thalia, Themis, Thetis, Thor, Titan, Tiu, Triptolemos, Triptolemus, Triton, Tyche, Typhon, Tyr, Urdur, Varuna, Vayu, Venus, Verthandi, Vesta, Vidar, Vitharr, Weird Sisters, Weirds, Woden, Wotan, Zephyr, Zephyrus, Zeus, ...

This is where we disagree. The omni-_____ (fill-in the blank) entity is not required to satisfy the requirements of the definition of deity.

webster-dictionary.org (deity)

What are the required requirements of the definition of deity?  the only requirement I have read so far is she is a non-human entity. But that can't hardly be all? there are many non-human entities.

Welcome  aboard, cyara.  :)

What are the required requirements of the definition of deity? the only requirement I have read so far is she is a non-human entity. But that can't hardly be all? there are many non-human entities.

I meant to write "not required to satisfy the definition of deity." The definition at the link does not require omni-________ anything. At this Christian forum, the God as Creator is, by their definition, omni-potent.

I hope that you didn't mean chairs, rocks and the sort when you wrote, "[T]here are many non-human entities". You made the assertion; please name one non-human entity adequate to the subject.

I meant to write "not required to satisfy the definition of deity." The definition at the link does not require omni-________ anything. At this Christian forum, the God as Creator is, by their definition, omni-potent.

I hope that you didn't mean chairs, rocks and the sort when you wrote, "[T]here are many non-human entities". You made the assertion; please name one non-human entity adequate to the subject.

There are many spirits. Each of them is a non-human entity. Aya told me none of those are gods or godesses (or deities).

There are many spirits. Each of them is a non-human entity. Aya told me none of those are gods or godesses (or deities).

Thanks for the reply.

I happen to be one who entertains the possibility of "lesser gods", which you have mentioned indirectly when you posited spirits of the Natural domain.

My belief is that the god of the Christians, may exist among many others around us, and that its part of nature like us all.

Some consider Arthur C. Clark's 2001: A Space Odyssey to be a depiction of "lesser gods".

Thanks for the reply.

I happen to be one who entertains the possibility of "lesser gods", which you have mentioned indirectly when you posited spirits of the Natural domain.

Some consider Arthur C. Clark's 2001: A Space Odyssey to be a depiction of "lesser gods".

I'm not really into sf, but maybe i'll try that one.

I'm not really into sf, but maybe i'll try that one.

I recommend the book, which I read before seeing the film as an adult--I first saw the film at age 7. Science Fiction is done badly too often.

The sequel, 2010, makes it explicit that the entity or entities with which the human race has made contact are at least extremely advanced but there is no hint as to whether they are any of the gods worshiped by humans.

cyarawarningpoints_zps1wjrsovo.jpg

I once replaced every post I could edit of mine with the message "This post left intentionally blank" when something, which I don't remember, went wrong and the banning was near: I see the "please delete account" and I think of this....LOL...Also, I wonder whether there were any warning points! I love mine being zero!!!!

Drama_70_zpscmynhjbr.jpg

cyarawarningpoints_zps1wjrsovo.jpg

I once replaced every post I could edit of mine with the message "This post left intentionally blank" when something, which I don't remember, went wrong and the banning was near: I see the "please delete account" and I think of this....LOL...Also, I wonder whether there were any warning points! I love mine being zero!!!!

Drama_70_zpscmynhjbr.jpg

So...what are you saying? That I need to go back through your posts and see if you should have been banned? :P (JK)

Looking at your screenshot, you must have signatures hidden (configured in your profile under the " 'Ignore' Preferences"). That's where you'll usually find info on why someone was banned.

So...what are you saying? That I need to go back through your posts and see if you should have been banned? :P (JK)

Looking at your screenshot, you must have signatures hidden (configured in your profile under the " 'Ignore' Preferences"). That's where you'll usually find info on why someone was banned.

Thanks for putting the "(JK)" by the sentence as I am smiley-con illiterate; and thanks for the tip about information being placed in the signature area.