Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Schera Do

I Can't Post To The "hitchens Vs Craig Debate - Revisited" Thread

To anyone on the board team,

I can't post to the Hitchens Vs Craig Debate - Revisited thread after repeated attempts over several days.

It doesn't appear to be locked.

Perhaps, there is a bug to blame. I don't think there is a board purgatory section.

No big thing. Thanks.

To anyone on the board team,

I can't post to the Hitchens Vs Craig Debate - Revisited thread after repeated attempts over several days.

It doesn't appear to be locked.

Perhaps, there is a bug to blame. I don't think there is a board purgatory section.

No big thing. Thanks.

That's strange. I don't see anything to indicate that you shouldn't be able to post there, and I don't see anything in the error logs to indicate a bug. Is it giving you any kind of error message? Try again. I did a test post and didn't have any problem (but, then again, I would still be able to post even if it was locked).

That's strange. I don't see anything to indicate that you shouldn't be able to post there, and I don't see anything in the error logs to indicate a bug. Is it giving you any kind of error message? Try again. I did a test post and didn't have any problem (but, then again, I would still be able to post even if it was locked).

Thanks Bd.

There are no error messages.

I will attempt again.

This will be #5. (We know all know what that means... A little nutty numerology for the peanut gallery.)

Now, what am I to expect?....(Stay tuned...)

Failed.

Failed.

What exactly is it doing? Does it just not post when you click the post button? Does it return you to the page you're on? Does it return you to the first page of the thread? It doesn't sign you out from the forum when you try to post, does it?

Now I will attempt to post insignificant content.

I will refrain from revealing any inference garnered (by the attempt!). (The original content may be too, uh,... even I won't go there...)

Stay tuned.

What exactly is it doing? Does it just not post when you click the post button? Does it return you to the page you're on? Does it return you to the first page of the thread? It doesn't sign you out from the forum when you try to post, does it?

No. no. no.

The browser hangs....simply.

I see you were able to make a simple post. Does the post you're trying to make have an URL pasted into when it hangs up? We've been having occasional random problems with the forum adding characters and crashing the page when it automatically parses the URL.

...Does the post you're trying to make have an URL pasted into when it hangs up? We've been having occasional random problems with the forum adding characters and crashing the page when it automatically parses the URL.

Oh my....There are no urls in the post. It is a Microsoft Notepad .txt file...I write using Notepad, then paste into the browser's input box.

I searched for '[url' within the text, nothing.

Both 'Post' and 'More Reply Options' buttons result in hanging...

Oh my.....

Now....I'm considering posting it in ... parts?

exorcist_zpsku4qnm7h.jpg

I just tried it again...

Bizarre...

Now, I suppose, I should send you the text file so that you are reassured that this is not a hoax. Yes?

Oh my....There are no urls in the post. It is a Microsoft Notepad .txt file...I write using Notepad, then paste into the browser's input box.

I searched for '[url' within the text, nothing.

Both 'Post' and 'More Reply Options' buttons result in hanging...

Oh my.....

Now....I'm considering posting it in ... parts?

exorcist_zpsku4qnm7h.jpg

:think: By "URL" I mean a webpage address. You know, the kind that starts with http with forward slashes and then the rest of the address of the webpage you're linking to. If an URL is spelled out the forum automatically converts it into a hyperlink, and that is where we have been getting an occasional hiccup from what I've been able to determine. Do you have any http addresses spelled out in the post you're trying to make?

I will post the first half, as a test....

FYI, I have NOT found any urls in the text.

Since you are able to make other posts, obviously something in the post you're trying to make is causing it to hang up. I think you have the right idea in trying to post parts of it to pinpoint where the hang up is coming from.

Oh my...

I just read through the entire text file, changed a few things, mulled over whether it is not worthy of posting,

saved and attempted to post in the thread via the 'Reply to this topic' button;

copy, paste into input box;

click 'More reply options' button.

Hangs...

Allrighty then, I selected a portion from the top...

Grab the digitalis, grab something....here it goes.

Well, thanks for the help Bonedigger.

I've got another half, or more, that was intended for the single post: Did I reach a size limitation? I doubt that.

I've edited out a section in the middle.

I'm going to post the rest...now.

Well, thanks for the help Bonedigger.

I've got another half, or more, that was intended for the single post: Did I reach a size limitation? I doubt that.

I've edited out a section in the middle.

I'm going to post the rest...now.

It might be that the post was too long. I just checked the system settings, and the maximum post size is set to 50 kb (which isn't that large), so that could have been what was causing it to hang up if it was a really long post. You might try checking what the size of your original notepad file was if you still have it.

Yes, thanks again.

TextFileSize = 9KB. The mystery is probably related to my browser or OS. Oy: Now I have to inspect the middle section I removed....for....

....for .... uhg: ...

------------------Update------------------------

I was able to post the excluded middle. Oh my...

Now I'm going to attempt to create a single post from the two successful halves. Note that the excluded middle will not be included. (I think I hurt myself typing

that.)

First, I need to decide how to create joined halves: Do I create a NEW file?; Do I delete the middle and paste the OLD file?

Hmm...excuse...me...

IndianWithCellphone_zps199be13a.jpg Yes, Mr. Cheese...

alright...BC.

BC, is Alfie there?

I copy/pasted the top, then the bottom.

Posted successfully.

Oh my....

Now, the entire bleeping thing: top, middle, bottom; copy/paste.

crazychick_sm_zps4625059e.jpg

That's right. The entire thing posted successfully.

Oh my...Very mysterious.