Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luke 22:35-38

Shalom All!

Shalom. I stumbled upon this site while looking for something else. I'm a young earth creationist, second amendment advocate (hence the username and avatar), and pro life. I've been in many debates on this topic and I enjoy it. I can get a little sarcastic at times but I don't think I'm rude.

Hiyah :)

Wow sarcasm...that's original :P

A million points if you get the reference.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 2

Hiyah :)

Wow sarcasm...that's original :P

A million points if you get the reference.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks, and I do get it.

I meant if you recognise the phrase and know which piece of entertainment I was quoting. Well probably paraphrasing by now, it must be around 7 years since I've seen it.

Oh. Then I don't know.

Welcome, young-gun. 

:D

(keep your bullets rubber, and only use them for shooting down evo-myths._ ;)

• Like 2

Shalom Luke 22:35-38 !

Here is a link to the forum rules and FAQ:

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/forum_rules.htm

http://evolutionfairytale.com/forum/index.php?app=custompages&module=view&section=display&do=show&pageId=1

In case nobody told you, there is also a rule for new members to buy gifts for current members.  The value of the gift is determined by the members post count, in US dollars.  You have 30 days to comply.

Welcome to the forum!   :banana_vacation:

• Like 1

Shalom Luke 22:35-38 !

Here is a link to the forum rules and FAQ:

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/forum_rules.htm

http://evolutionfairytale.com/forum/index.php?app=custompages&module=view&section=display&do=show&pageId=1

In case nobody told you, there is also a rule for new members to buy gifts for current members.  The value of the gift is determined by the members post count, in US dollars.  You have 30 days to comply.

Welcome to the forum!   :banana_vacation:

Thanks. Although I know you're joking...right? ;)

We changed it to pints of beer.

• Like 1

Shalom. I stumbled upon this site while looking for something else. I'm a young earth creationist, second amendment advocate (hence the username and avatar), and pro life. I've been in many debates on this topic and I enjoy it. I can get a little sarcastic at times but I don't think I'm rude.

Welcome, Luke.

I fall on the TE side of the discussion not because of evolution, but because of physics.  IMHO, physics causes far more problems for Genesis literalism than evolution and it was physics, not evolution that led me to reject YEC.

Second amendment?  Gun control means hitting your target.   When these shootings happen, I have two questions about any new laws regulating ownership of guns: 1)  Did the perp get the gun legally?   If not, we need to enforce the existing law.

2)  Would the proposed law have prevented the perp from getting the gun in the first place?  If not, what difference would the new law make?

My wife and I are completing the paperwork for our concealed carry permits on April 8.

But that's a whole different topic.

I've been pro-life since I was about your age.  My conclusion is the two sides can't even agree on the issue, they'll never agree on the answer.  Interestingly, most pro-lifers are also pro-death penalty and vice-versa.   I've come around to thinking life w/o parole is better than the death penalty.  This is based on two things.... (1) too many exonerated death penalty convicts and (2) the cost of executions.

But that's a whole different topic too.

Back to more important matters:

No joke..... it's an old list tradition that dates back at least two hours.   (Is it April 1 yet?)

No, no, no....  The money is better.  I don't even like beer.  Besides, you can't (legally) buy it.   My father was a wholesale beer, wine, and liquor distributor.  I had a key to the warehouse when I was 16 and it drove my friends nuts that I wasn't tapping into the inventory.

Anyway, welcome to the list ..... enjoy......

• Like 1

Pi said-

No, no, no.... The money is better. I don't even like beer. Besides, you can't (legally) buy it. My father was a wholesale beer, wine, and liquor distributor. I had a key to the warehouse when I was 16 and it drove my friends nuts that I wasn't tapping into the inventory.

Me-

Umm...what? Lol. Do you mean I'm underage? Why thank you for the compliment, I have been using moisturiser but I am in fact well beyond the age of still getting ID'd haha.

Edit- not that it ever mattered, Scotland has a bit of an underage drinking culture, I was getting drunk in parks and on street corners from about 14. Never drove with a drink in me though. Driving scares me enough when I'm sober haha.

No, no, no....  The money is better.  I don't even like beer.  Besides, you can't (legally) buy it.   My father was a wholesale beer, wine, and liquor distributor.  I had a key to the warehouse when I was 16 and it drove my friends nuts that I wasn't tapping into the inventory.

Umm...what? Lol. Do you mean I'm underage? Why thank you for the compliment, I have been using moisturiser but I am in fact well beyond the age of still getting ID'd haha.

Edit- not that it ever mattered, Scotland has a bit of an underage drinking culture, I was getting drunk in parks and on street corners from about 14. Never drove with a drink in me though. Driving scares me enough when I'm sober haha.

No, Keysi, that part was supposed to be addressed to Luke who would have to do the buying.

Legal age for drinking in the US is 21.  Luke can't legally buy alcohol here.

Pretty much everything else is 18.  Everywhere has an underage culture.  No one believes that when the age was 21 there weren't a lot of (mostly) 18-20 year olds drinking.   Lowering the legal age to 18 also lowers the age at which the under age bunch will begin to drink.

When I was growing up, legal age for everything was 21.  When Vietnam heated up, they were drafting 18 year olds to go to war and we (the "baby boomers") were highly pissed.  (Sorry, but angry doesn't begin to describe it.) We made a major point that we were old enough to be drafted, sent to war and die but not old enough to have a voice in the matter; the people who were sending us to war; or get married; or sign a contract; or drink; or anything else (but drive).  There was something seriously wrong with that picture.  So, the legal age was reduced to 18.

The death rate for 18-25 year olds in drunk driving accidents shot thru the roof.  After a few years of that, the drinking age was raised back to 21.

Edit:

In those days, the attitude on drinking and driving was very different too.  If you were stopped for drunk driving, there were pretty much only two ways there would be any legal action.  (1)  Give the cop a bad time.  (2)  Be so falling down drunk you couldn't stand up.  Most of the time, they'd let you go with a "be careful" or would follow you home to be sure you made it safely.

Ah get you now I thought you meant me. Also, I thought you mentioned having the keys to your dad's car while drinking, when you actually said keys to a warehouse which drove people nuts. That was the only reason I mentioned not driving with a drink in me. A very confused couple of posts from me haha.

Also it's very fitting that you used that word for angry exactly where you did. Over here it means very drunk :P and it's not a particularly rude word for it either. Kinda.

Also it's very fitting that you used that word for angry exactly where you did. Over here it means very drunk :P and it's not a particularly rude word for it either. Kinda.

Not to get too far afield, but slang terms and their acceptance can be very different.  Some words that simply aren't acceptable in "polite" company here are just fine there and vice-versa.

Yea, that's part of what I was commenting on and how that's quite cool.

That works for me!

Although it might kill Gilbo  :unsure:

Lol. Good call ;)