Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Enoch 2021

So The Earth Is A Sphere Spinning @ 1000 Mph, Ok...

This is a Picture of the Chicago Skyline taken from Grand Mere State Park in Stevensville across Lake Michigan 60 Miles Away ....

7602503_G.jpg

If we are on a "Ball", with a circumference of 25,000 miles ---

Spherical geometry proves the following elevation loss in all directions from a fixed point observer on a sphere with a 25,000 mile circumference:

1 mile - 8 inches
  2 miles - 32 inches
  3 miles - 6 feet
  4 miles - 10 feet
  5 miles - 16 feet
  6 miles - 24 feet
  7 miles - 32 feet
  8 miles - 42 feet
  9 miles - 54 feet
10 miles - 66 feet
20 miles - 266 feet
30 miles - 600 feet
40 miles - 1066 feet
50 miles - 1666 feet
60 miles - 2400 feet
70 miles - 3266 feet
80 miles - 4266 feet
90 miles - 5400 feet 
100 miles - 6666 feet

That means Chicago should be 2400 Feet BELOW the Horizon (Technically, the Sears Tower is 1454 Feet so...it should still be out of sight by 1,000 feet).  Errrr, can somebody please tell me What in The World is going on here ??  :think: 

Is this a Mirage?   :blink: 

And btw, I have another 2,000 examples with most FURTHER than 60 Miles!

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East (1,000 miles an hour) and you're taking a flight from San Diego to New York @ 500 miles per hour, how do you reach your destination before the destination comes screaming up @ 500 miles per hour from your "6" , pray tell?? 

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East (~ 1,000 miles an hour)  ---  if I wanted to travel from New York to San Diego 2425 Miles, why shouldn't I just get in a Helicopter/Hot Air Balloon and "Hover" for 2.4 Hours ??   :gotcha: 

If your premise (rotflol hysterically, btw) that the atmosphere is also 'spinning' @ the same speed as the Earth: then, please elucidate the mechanism by which the atmosphere is attached to the Earth; I will Accept VELCRO!! :laugh_point:  

In your explanation, please Identify the Exact Location where this Atmosphere --- traveling @ 465 meters/second, KISSES the Vacuum of Space !!!  Show the Fire Works !!!!!

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East and I shoot a Cannon Ball straight up in the air here in Missoura and it takes 15 seconds to land ---- it should land 7,000 meters (4 Miles) to the West ?? 

:rotfl3:

Next, can you show Pigs Flying.....?

Can anyone post One Fairytale Picture of The Earth from 'Space' that's not a Composite (aka: Computer Generated Photoshop Fiasco??  And then, let's take a look @ the various "Pictures" for a Compare and Contrast!!!

Get ready to face Cognitive Dissonance in a BIG WAY!!  I promise an utterly Awesome Realization... on the other side. thumbsup.gif

Many years ago, I thought I ferreted out the lions share of THE LIES... then @ the request of friends, I dropped it.

I didn't realize how far it went.  More importantly, I didn't take GOD @ HIS WORD!!!  That ends here and now.

regards

The clouds look like those 'i'm watching you' eyes people put above coffee and tea honesty boxes. Pretty nice.

Is this a serious topic?

That means Chicago should be 2400 Feet BELOW the Horizon (Technically, the Sears Tower is 1454 Feet so...it should still be out of sight by 1,000 feet).  Errrr, can somebody please tell me What in The World is going on here ??   :think:

Is this a Mirage?    :blink: 

Yes

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East (1,000 miles an hour) and you're taking a flight from San Diego to New York @ 500 miles per hour, how do you reach your destination before the destination comes screaming up @ 500 miles per hour from your "6" , pray tell?? 

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East (~ 1,000 miles an hour)  ---  if I wanted to travel from New York to San Diego 2425 Miles, why shouldn't I just get in a Helicopter/Hot Air Balloon and "Hover" for 2.4 Hours ??   :gotcha: 

If your premise (rotflol hysterically, btw) that the atmosphere is also 'spinning' @ the same speed as the Earth: then, please elucidate the mechanism by which the atmosphere is attached to the Earth; I will Accept VELCRO!! :laugh_point:  

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East and I shoot a Cannon Ball straight up in the air here in Missoura and it takes 15 seconds to land ---- it should land 7,000 meters (4 Miles) to the West ?? 

a = F/m

You accelerate or decelerate in proportion to the force applied to you.

Currently you have a speed of 465 meters/second, so does New York. Your plane creates a speed (acceleration) relative both of your original speeds. You should add the speeds up.

You can also attach the axes to the planet, rotating with the planet, and then you appear to be standing still, unless you move relative to the earth.

Imagine yourself on a train. Its speed is 30mph. You throw a ball to the front of the train, seemingly at 10mph. From an observer outside the train, that ball will move at 40mph. 

If your premise (rotflol hysterically, btw) that the atmosphere is also 'spinning' @ the same speed as the Earth: then, please elucidate the mechanism by which the atmosphere is attached to the Earth; I will Accept VELCRO!!  :laugh_point:  

In your explanation, please Identify the Exact Location where this Atmosphere --- traveling @ 465 meters/second, KISSES the Vacuum of Space !!!  Show the Fire Works !!!!!

Gravity...

The atmosphere become more and more defuse the higher you go. You can already test this by going to high locations in the mountains.

Is this a serious topic?

Yes it is, and your Mind Numbing answers show how Bankrupt you are.

Prove that it's a MIRAGE then......?

a = F/m

You accelerate or decelerate in proportion to the force applied to you.

Currently you have a speed of 465 meters/second, so does New York.

Begging The Question (Fallacy):  Please prove that we're moving @ 465 meters/second....?

Gravity...

The atmosphere become more and more defuse the higher you go. You can already test this by going to high locations in the mountains.

Ahh yes "GRAVITY" the Savior.  And the Atmosphere becomes more defuse, eh?  :think:   AND....?

What is Gravity...?

How can the weakest 'Force' in the Universe by EXPONENTIAL MAGNITUDES spin the Atmosphere of the Earth @ 465 meters per second?

Imagine yourself on a train. Its speed is 30mph. You throw a ball to the front of the train, seemingly at 10mph. From an observer outside the train, that ball will move at 40mph. 

And this is in reference and refuting what, pray tell?  

You heard of the Coriolis Effect, by chance ??  :laugh_point:

Why didn't you post a somewhat 'Relative' Example...

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East and I grab the rifle (Muzzle Velocity 1000 meter/s) and head out to make a 1,000 meter shot from North to South here in Missoura; due to the "Coriolis Effect", I should aim 465 meters East of my Target to hit Center Mass??

Currently you have a speed of 465 meters/second, so does New York.

Sure and Pigs Fly.   :consoling:

You forgot to answer my Cannonball Example....?

How bout some Real Photos of the Earth please...?

regards

• Like 1

Yes it is, and your Mind Numbing answers show how Bankrupt you are.

Can you suspend with the moronic insults? I can try and do the same. I am civilized, so it doesn't come natural though.

Begging The Question (Fallacy):  Please prove that we're moving @ 465 meters/second....?

I didn't made that claim, I repeated your assessment of our claim. Then I compared the moving earth with a moving train. I showed that when fixing the axis in your calculations would help you understand the different speeds. 

Ahh yes "GRAVITY" the Savior.  And the Atmosphere becomes more defuse, eh?   AND....?

What is Gravity...?

How can the weakest 'Force' in the Universe by EXPONENTIAL MAGNITUDES spin the Atmosphere of the Earth @ 465 meters per second?

Simplified:

Gravity is the effect from a displacement in space by an object. In Newton's age, he experimentally showed that it could be approximated with F = G . m1 . m2 / r2

The reason why the effect of the earth, the sun, other planets can have such large effects of the 'weakest Force' is because their mass can be large. The reason why the 'stronger Forces' aren't having such effects is because they have relatively smaller charge.

And this is in reference and refuting what, pray tell?  

You heard of the Coriolis Effect, by chance ?? 

Why didn't you post a somewhat 'Relative' Example...

I realized you needed a very simple example to show you the relative movement when going from San Diego to New York.

Was it still too hard for you? Re-read it please, with that reference in mind.

Coriolis effects are visible in weather patterns, and these differ in the northern hemisphere from the southern hemisphere. This difference is explained by the rotation of the earth.

So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East and I grab the rifle (Muzzle Velocity 1000 meter/s) and head out to make a 1,000 meter shot from North to South here in Missoura; due to the "Coriolis Effect", I should aim 465 meters East of my Target to hit Center Mass??

When you hold your rifle, it has the same 465 m/s speed in the E to W direction as the target.

I don't feel like calculating the exact values, but my gut tell me the effects for such a short distance should be negligible. For longer distances it is taken into account. 

Here's what you do:

Visit any of the area's within the antarctic-circle when there's 24h day.

And explain that in a flat earth model.

This is the bit I'm interested in -

Many years ago, I thought I ferreted out the lions share of THE LIES... then @ the request of friends, I dropped it.

What is the reason for all these lies, do you think?

I don't think that is a good question. Every person is different with individual priorities. Enoch's priorities likely differ from yours, so his reasons will sound very reasonably in his head, while they may sound absurd in ours.

I've heard "Satan worship" as reason before. Its possible that appears as a reply again.

Simply lack of a correct scientific mindset is another explanation.

Another experiment. (you'll need 3 friends for this, or a lot more time)

You travel to a spot directly below the sun (you arrange this in advance)

Your friends travel to 1110km, 2220km and 3330km directly north of you.

Each plant a 1m high stick in the ground and measure its shadow at the same time.

You'll measure 0m

North1 measures 0.1736m (sin(10°)*1m)

North2 measures 0.3420m (sin(20°)*1m)

North3 measures 0.5m (sin(30°)*1m)

From this, you can measure the angle the sun-rays make compared to the ground.
You can now use basic geometrie to triangulate the position of, either the sun, or the rounding of the earth.

The distance to north1 is 1110km. The length of the shadow was 0.1736m. The height of the sunspot above the earth is 1m/0.1736m*1,110km=6,392km
The distance to north2 is 2220km. The length of the shadow was 0.3420m. The height of the sunspot above the earth is 1m/0.3420m*2,220km=6,491km
The distance to north3 is 3330km. The length of the shadow was 0.1736m. The height of the sunspot above the earth is 1m/0.5m*3,330km=6,660km

2 positions different from the 0 are sufficient btw, but I added the third so it'll get clearer. Its also sufficient to know where the 0 is compared to these measurements. So you'll only need a single friend to find out.

I lack the logistics to carry out that experiment :(

You're from the UK. You can drive from the south to the North, that's about 1000km. The specific km's and angles need to be adapted. But, as explained, in theory from any 2 points you can do that experiment. The larger the distance, the more accuracy.  

The numbers I took were for explanatory purposes and can be changed to any location between the arctic and antarctic circle.

They were capable of doing this in ancient greece, surely you can do it yourself ;)

Have you seen the cost of fuel here? We get taxed a fortune on it.

• Like 2

What about calling a friend you trust living at the other side of the country? :)

It is still a lot cheaper then my first suggest experiment. Antarctic cruises are expensive :(

You can also watch a time-laps video of Antarctica on the web, but then you'll have to trust that source.

Could do that actually. I just got posted from the Deep South up to the Frozen North.

Deep South = Wales and Frozen North = Scotland?

Or are you lucky enough to have visited Antarctica?

Can you suspend with the moronic insults? I can try and do the same. I am civilized, so it doesn't come natural though.

Sure, can you answer this coherently...

This is a Picture of the Chicago Skyline taken from Grand Mere State Park in Stevensville across Lake Michigan 60 Miles Away ....

7602503_G.jpg

Spherical geometry proves the following elevation loss in all directions from a fixed point observer on a sphere with a 25,000 mile circumference:

1 mile - 8 inches
  2 miles - 32 inches
  3 miles - 6 feet
  4 miles - 10 feet
  5 miles - 16 feet
  6 miles - 24 feet
  7 miles - 32 feet
  8 miles - 42 feet
  9 miles - 54 feet
10 miles - 66 feet
20 miles - 266 feet
30 miles - 600 feet
40 miles - 1066 feet
50 miles - 1666 feet
60 miles - 2400 feet
70 miles - 3266 feet
80 miles - 4266 feet
90 miles - 5400 feet 
100 miles - 6666 feet

That means Chicago should be 2400 Feet BELOW the Horizon (Technically, the Sears Tower is 1454 Feet so...it should still be out of sight by 1,000 feet).  Errrr, can somebody please tell me What in The World is going on here ??   :think: 

This alone brings the Entire House of Cards Down.

When you hold your rifle, it has the same 465 m/s speed in the E to W direction as the target.

So does the ball and the person on the opposite side of the Carousel. 

1. Simplified:

2. Gravity is the effect from a displacement in space by an object.

3. In Newton's age, he experimentally showed that it could be approximated with F = G . m1 . m2 / r2

4. The reason why the effect of the earth, the sun, other planets can have such large effects of the 'weakest Force' is because their mass can be large. The reason why the 'stronger Forces' aren't having such effects is because they have relatively smaller charge.

1.  Thanks for Simplifying.

2.  I didn't ask you what the EFFECT of the 'something' was, I asked you WHAT the 'something' IS....?

2a. "Space-Time" and "Gravity-Well" Nonsense is already falsified: SEE Quantum Mechanics and Common Sense.

3.  Equations merely "DESCRIBE" they don't "SHOW" anything.

4.  Show the Experiments...?

Visit any of the area's within the antarctic-circle when there's 24h day.

So you conjure a trip to the Antarctic-Circle and say "see", eh?  :laugh_point:  You been there?  :gigglesmile:

Admiral Byrd was there... "an area as big as the United States that's never been seen by a human being", "It's by far the most important and valuable place in the World", "an Untouched Reservoir of Natural Resources"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzWHqooAJtM

Operation Highjump commenced 26 August 1946 and ended in late February 1947. Task Force 68 included 4,700 men, 13 ships, and 33 aircraft. 

Guess what happened as a result of this Expedition.........Absolutely NOTHING!  Accept No Fly Zones and Restricted Areas!!!

I suppose Exxon Mobil, Royal Dutch Shell, BP and Hundreds of the rest.... just lost Interest  :funny:

Coriolis effects are visible in weather patterns, and these differ in the northern hemisphere from the southern hemisphere. This difference is explained by the rotation of the earth.

Sure they do.

I have some burn-marks on my Garage Wall with most places unscathed; this difference is explained by the exiting of Invisible Fire-Breathing Dragons.

You can also watch a time-laps video of Antarctica on the web, but then you'll have to trust that source.

Yes, I also have 25 hour 'Time-Lapse' video of the Earth Spinning  :laugh_point:  It's a Tear Jerkin Belly Laugher...

https://youtu.be/2VWM0XswwGg

regards

This is the bit I'm interested in -

Ahhh, well in this particular case.... if the Earth is a Circle "Flat" and not spinning, then --- If you're saying there is No God....You sorta have some Problems, REAL FAST!!  :kaffeetrinker:   

Dont'cha Think ?

regards 

Deep South = Wales and Frozen North = Scotland?

Or are you lucky enough to have visited Antarctica?

South of England, to Highlands of Scotland. I haven't been to Antarctica and have no intentions of goin if I can help it. I'm more of a sunshine tour guy :P

Ahhh, well in this particular case.... if the Earth is a Circle "Flat" and not spinning, then --- If you're saying there is No God....You sorta have some Problems, REAL FAST!! :kaffeetrinker:

Dont'cha Think ?

regards

Ah that's what I thought. Secular science/mainstream science/atheists/whatever are in a conspiracy to cover up that there must be a God. And no doubt part of your theory they all know it is the Christian God.

So my next question is, if Secular science/mainstream science/atheists/whatever really are attempting to cover up you God, what's in it for them? I mean really, to cover up God they must know and acknowledge it exists and must know the price for their rebellion and trying to recruit innocent souls to their rebellion through fake science is a one way ticket to the Even Deeper South ( think Little Nicky).

Why do they go to all the trouble of making up all those fake sciences, university courses, research institutions etc just for the reward of hell when they know God actually does exist, resistance is futile so they might as well be sycophantic and have the chance of heavy and His glory etc.

That's my main question really.

Ah that's what I thought. Secular science/mainstream science/atheists/whatever are in a conspiracy to cover up that there must be a God. And no doubt part of your theory they all know it is the Christian God.

Yes A "Conspiracy Theorist".  The 2 Words that summarily dismiss the Lunatic without any investigation.   :rolleyes:

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is a proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is condemnation before investigation. - Herbert Spencer

(Proverbs 18:13) "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."

Conspiracy -- a secret plan between 2 or more people.

No, that's never happened EVER !!  What was I thinking??  :get_a_clue:

So my next question is, if Secular science/mainstream science/atheists/whatever really are attempting to cover up you God, what's in it for them?

It wouldn't take EVERYONE...ever hear the term "Compartmentalization"??  It would take only a comparatively Few @ the highest levels to accomplish just about anything with the lower levels in Complete Darkness..

What's in it for them??  Well, whatever satan has promised them.

I mean really, to cover up God they must know and acknowledge it exists and must know the price for their rebellion and trying to recruit innocent souls to their rebellion through fake science is a one way ticket to the Even Deeper South ( think Little Nicky).

You would think.

(Jeremiah 17:9) "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?".  

I can personally attest to this invariable FACT

Why do they go to all the trouble of making up all those fake sciences, university courses, research institutions etc

Here's a "Biggie":

(1 Timothy 6:10) "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Millions would have to find REAL JOBS.  ;)

Just so happens that "The Main Players' " net worth is by last count, over 75 Trillion Dollars.

just for the reward of hell when they know God actually does exist, resistance is futile so they might as well be sycophantic and have the chance of heavy and His glory etc.

Well maybe they don't think, "Resistance is Futile".  brightidea.gif

regards

I'm already expecting this to be my favorite thread ever.

Those speeds aren't using the same frame of reference. The Earth's rotation is 1,000 MPH relative to an axis that is considered stationary. The speed of planes is calculated relative to the surface of Earth, which is considered stationary. If you calculated the plane's speed relative to the axis (assuming you're at the equator and you're going due east or west) you'd get 500 or 1500 mph.

I'm already expecting this to be my favorite thread ever.

Me too  thumbsup.gif

Those speeds aren't using the same frame of reference. The Earth's rotation is 1,000 MPH relative to an axis that is considered stationary. The speed of planes is calculated relative to the surface of Earth, which is considered stationary. If you calculated the plane's speed relative to the axis (assuming you're at the equator and you're going due east or west) you'd get 500 or 1500 mph.

Yea sure; We'll get to that.

Do you have a comment here please, allow me to post the Godzilla sized Elephant in the Room for the 3rd Time...

This is a Picture of the Chicago Skyline taken from Grand Mere State Park in Stevensville across Lake Michigan 60 Miles Away ....

7602503_G.jpg

1 mile - 8 inches
  2 miles - 32 inches
  3 miles - 6 feet
  4 miles - 10 feet
  5 miles - 16 feet
  6 miles - 24 feet
  7 miles - 32 feet
  8 miles - 42 feet
  9 miles - 54 feet
10 miles - 66 feet
20 miles - 266 feet
30 miles - 600 feet
40 miles - 1066 feet
50 miles - 1666 feet
60 miles - 2400 feet
70 miles - 3266 feet
80 miles - 4266 feet
90 miles - 5400 feet 
100 miles - 6666 feet

That means Chicago should be 2400 Feet BELOW the Horizon (Technically, the Sears Tower is 1454 Feet so...it should still be out of sight by 1,000 feet).  Errrr, can somebody please tell me What in The World is going on here ??    :think: 

This alone brings the Entire House of Cards Down.

So if you please, GO AHEAD....?  thumbsup.gif

Yea sure; We'll get to that.

Will you? Because I feel like this is about to turn in to multiple pages of people trying to correct your misunderstandong of optics, never to return to your misunderstanding of physics.

Errrr, can somebody please tell me What in The World is going on here ??

Refraction.

Will you? Because I feel like this is about to turn in to multiple pages of people trying to correct your misunderstandong of optics, never to return to your misunderstanding of physics.

Promises Promises.

Refraction.

:rotfl3:    So the explanations for Chicago magically appearing 60 miles away to this point are: 1. a Mirage and 2. Refraction ??   :snapoutofit:  

oy vey

:rotfl3:    So the explanations for Chicago magically appearing 60 miles away to this point are: 1. a Mirage and 2. Refraction ??   :snapoutofit:

Were you planning to present any evidence in support of your assertion, or is this strictly an emoticon based argument?

Enoch: So if the Earth is 'spinning' @ 465 meters/second from West to East (~ 1,000 miles an hour)  ---  if I wanted to travel from New York to San Diego 2425 Miles, why shouldn't I just get in a Helicopter/Hot Air Balloon and "Hover" for 2.4 Hours ?? 

I think it's because of the same reason that if you throw a ball up while sitting in a car, the ball won't go through the rear window at 60mph just because the car is doing 60mph. 

Enoch, am I right in thinking that you are saying that the earth is flat, a flat disc? Wouldn't we be able to see the cities behind Chicago, too? Couldn't I look through my telescope right now and look at you sitting back in your lazy boy with a cigar laughing at us? ;)

• Like 1