Evolution Fairytale Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KenJackson

The Opera Browser Says This Site Is Malicious

Just now when I went to this forum in the opera browser, I got a red page warning:

Malicious site warning

This site may be hacked or contain malicious software. Visiting this page may be harmful.

Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page.

Go back safelyIgnore this warning

Why was this page blocked?

logo-2.jpg

Reported by Yandex

Our fraud reports are maintained by third-party vendors.

Is there any malware here?   An honest mistake?  Or is this an attempt to keep people away?

Just now when I went to this forum in the opera browser, I got a red page warning:

Malicious site warning

This site may be hacked or contain malicious software. Visiting this page may be harmful.

Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page.

Go back safelyIgnore this warning

Why was this page blocked?

logo-2.jpg

Reported by Yandex

Our fraud reports are maintained by third-party vendors.

Is there any malware here?   An honest mistake?  Or is this an attempt to keep people away?

I have had these warnings too. I'm not sure why, but when I proceed to the site, I have never had any issues or malware.

Welcome to the forum Ken.

I have had these warnings too. I'm not sure why, but when I proceed to the site, I have never had any issues or malware.

In the past there was some redirection to a p*rn site when people used a search engine to find EFF.

I'd say it's an attempt to keep people away.

With the firefox browser, I get:

This connection is not secure. Logins entered

here could be compromised.

I need to re-type my username each time.

I got a similar message today when I downloaded a new version of chrome. I wonder how many people it does keep away.

If this is tactics from evolutionists to keep people away, why are they so afraid if their theory is so strong? :gotcha: [mc]Perhaps it is because I joined this forum the sign now exists.[/mc]

(mc = mischief content).

;)  

this is something the admin team needs to address, and i've seen dave online.

my question is why?

why is it important to keep people away from here?

especially when the name is evolution fairytale.

what is here that no one is supposed to see?

"At the distinct risk of earning the ire of many for associating with a much-maligned cultural thread, . . ."

- koonin.

try clearing your cookies and browser cache.

What If: my question is why?

why is it important to keep people away from here?

especially when the name is evolution fairytale.

what is here that no one is supposed to see?

This is what you have to be conscious of - that there is an attitude problem people have towards anything which comes against evolution theory. People who are irritated by us calling evolution a fairytale, and formulating arguments against that theory, and saying it is a false theory. Some people hate this and believe the best way to deal with it isn't by arguing the issues involved but by stopping people from hearing the other side to the story. 

Why do you think scientists, by the majority, would not debate creationists? It's because, "to respond is to dignify it with a response". 

Some people, simple people - think that the public should basically be indoctrinated with the "evolution is a scientific fact" and that no response to that should be listened to. They certainly don't want the public to create forums like this where creationists will put forward arguments which may convince them evolution theory is false. 

So for me if that is the motive, it's the silence-strategy they're employing, if they can't cancel out our freedom to speak and debate it, they will try dirtier tactics in order to shut us up. (Can you remember when I said, in regards to that topic about the steves-statistic, that they mentioned "YEC" it seemed, for no reason? That was an example of what I'm saying, for that issue there was no need to really mention "YEC" but by mentioning it, it was basically to bring in the true issue that bothers them most - that God created the world, and the history of evolution they have made, is actually nothing more than a story. The true issue is that they fear and hate the argument that God created the world and want to utterly squash it out of existence.) They're pathetic. I've actually experienced how pathetic they are at the likes of EvC forum.

I get the same message about the unsecured connection no matter what browser I use - although not all browsers are up front about it. Firefox is one of those browsers that I've noticed is more up-front about the problem.

I think the reason is because EFF is using "http:" rather than "https:"  Probably something the admins should look into, or whoever has the power to configure the site.

EFF has been hacked several times before, but beyond the site being unusable or down for maintenance due to hacking I've never gotten a virus or malware from the site. If you have good up to date protection for your computer I think you should be fine.

The sign I get when I google the site seems strange in what it says, Goku; "deceptive", in fact I don't recall ever getting that type of warning, though I may be wrong of course as I am only going from foggy memory.

"Deceptive site ahead" seems more of a conclusion than a "could be a virus site". Usually why would they give a judgement, if they themselves don't know whether it is a deceptive site? It seems to me it might be propaganda, and a judgement that this site is deceptive because of what it says about evolution.

Perhaps I am being paranoid because of previous behaviour from some hardcore evolutionists, from my own experience of them.

Bye for now, I now rest from debate.

. . . I've never gotten a virus or malware from the site. If you have good up to date protection for your computer I think you should be fine.

my browser (firefox) has never alerted me to this site being in any way "funny".

i have active virusscan installed and it hasn't alerted me to any viruses.

as for the http vs. https, i see no reason why EFF would use secure connections.

it isn't like someone is going to drain your bank account because they hacked your password.

There is indeed some kind of problem here. This is what I got when I clicked on the Google link to the forum from a search for Evolution Fairytale:

Capture_zpsa4f86ng6.jpg

I'm not an Admin, so it will be up to Bonedigger or maybe Fred to check it out.

OK, I did a little research on the RedirDL-inf trojan. You can Google it and learn more about it.

I'm not a web guru, but it looks to me like there might be an infection of this trojan on the EFT server that tries to install the trojan, but only from a link from Google. If you are getting the warning, that means your anti-virus is detecting the trojan and not allowing it to install on your computer.

Interestingly, when I did the same search again on Google for evolution fairytale and clicked on the link it didn't alert Avast this time. Possibly once it blocks it the first time it doesn't have to continue to alert to it. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm thinking this is something that needs to be looked at on the EFT server side.

The sign I get when I google the site seems strange in what it says, Goku; "deceptive", in fact I don't recall ever getting that type of warning, though I may be wrong of course as I am only going from foggy memory.

attachicon.gifdeceptive.jpg

"Deceptive site ahead" seems more of a conclusion than a "could be a virus site". Usually why would they give a judgement, if they themselves don't know whether it is a deceptive site? It seems to me it might be propaganda, and a judgement that this site is deceptive because of what it says about evolution.

Perhaps I am being paranoid because of previous behaviour from some hardcore evolutionists, from my own experience of them.

Bye for now, I now rest from debate.

The "deceptive site" warning can be because the site has been reported by other people (which could have been done falsely; this site is infamous), or because some malware was detected.

I always directly type the fairytale website into my browser rather than going through a search engine. No problems as of late doing that. Just now I tried getting here through google and I got the same message you did.

That's actually an old issue, and has been discussed here. In fact, it's so old, the p*rn advertisement you got redirected to doesn't even exist anymore.

In a nutshell, here's what's going on. A while back someone found a security hole in the Invision software, and was planting the redirect on Invision forums everywhere. Fred eliminated the redirect at one time, but it came right back. So then Fred was going to have Invision get rid of it when they did the upgrade to v 4.0. However, when they came to do the upgrade, Fred found out the custom skin for the site was going to be destroyed by the upgrade, and he would have to rebuild it again after the upgrade (a time consuming endeavor), so he put off the upgrade.

...you only get the redirect if your browser history is cleared. It does seem to be harmless.

Just heard back from Bonedigger. Apparently this is a remnant artifact from the host of this website from a previous version, and the trojan isn't even active anymore anyway.

One thing I might add...the insecure connection warning you get in Firefox has nothing to do with the phantom redirect you get when visiting the site from a google search. In a recent upgrade, Firefox added a check for a secure (HTTPS) connection anytime there is a log in field on the page. This site does not have an SSL certificate, so an https login is not practical. If you find the pop up annoying and want to disable it and know what you're doing, go to "about:config" (and if you don't know what that is you don't know what you're doing), find the line "security.insecure_field_warning.contextual.enabled", and toggle it to False.

i just finished running webroot spysweeper.

it found 2 adwares, bonzi buddy and alexa toolbar.

the alexa toolbar appears to have been installed with windows service pack 2.

it also found several entries (17) in the following registry key:

HKEY_classes_root_interface.

I cleared the cookies for only this website and the entire cache and nothing has changed.

Thanks.

I cleared the cookies for only this website and the entire cache and nothing has changed.

Thanks.

Check your browser settings under Options/Security. Is "Remember logins for sites" checked? If not, then you will have to login again every time you start a new browser session in Firefox.

Thanks.

Check your browser settings under Options/Security. Is "Remember logins for sites" checked? If not, then you will have to login again every time you start a new browser session in Firefox.

Thanks, yes I do have that checked.

Re-typing my username is not a big problem and I will continue--I consider this a "luxury problem".

One thing I might add...the insecure connection warning you get in Firefox has nothing to do with the phantom redirect you get when visiting the site from a google search. In a recent upgrade, Firefox added a check for a secure (HTTPS) connection anytime there is a log in field on the page. This site does not have an SSL certificate, so an https login is not practical. If you find the pop up annoying and want to disable it and know what you're doing, go to "about:config" (and if you don't know what that is you don't know what you're doing), find the line "security.insecure_field_warning.contextual.enabled", and toggle it to False.

i believe something should still be done about it though.

either flush the critter from the server, or contact browser makers and inform them your site is being falsely flagged.

either flush the critter from the server, or contact browser makers and inform them your site is being falsely flagged.

Let me just say that you should be thankful the site is still online and leave it at that...

Let me just say that you should be thankful the site is still online and leave it at that...

That is a very admirable perspective.

(Sarcasm noted.)

No, it's a practical perspective. You have no clue how close this site came to being shut down for good. Would you like to see what that would be like?

(Sarcasm noted.)

No, it's a practical perspective. You have no clue how close this site came to being shut down for good. Would you like to see what that would be like?

Total sincerity