Evolution Fairytale Forum
mike the wiz

Perfect Songs

Just as I like movie moments/movies, perfectly executed, I also like when a song seems perfect in how it was executed. My first nomination would be this song, I wonder if you remember it, as soon as the singer sings, "Love....devotion" I think pretty much from that moment I tend to think, "yep, nailed it." I also like the words, I get a great sense that this song says something unspoken about the human condition, I like it when there is a nice message to all people, no matter what they believe;

• Like 1

• Like 1

I like the song i listed here because when i heard it in the movie it quickly reminded me to never wish any whom i did not know 'God Speed'. 

Although perhaps a lil off key and at times and indeed a crackled voice... I would wish this song to be sung no other way. Seems befitting for such a contemplation, does it not?  

Just another Great Song IMHO....

As "Goku", this song set to 'my adventures' seems perfect. It is probably not the style of music most of you enjoy lol, but I figure if anyone is familiar with DBZ they might get a kick out of it.

I think this is a perfect song for what it represents, and fitting for a Christian forum.

This, is just the best version I've seen of this classic. Soulful, and a good message.

This is a beautiful song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kind of like the Goku warrior song. Is that anime? I meant to ask you Goku did you like the film, "spirited away", :D I only watched it for the first time recently. This Goku warrior mogul song sort of reminds me also of he-man, "I have the power";

"And I became he-man, the most powerful man in the universe." :rotfl3: (can you tell it's an early 1980s job or what?) But I kind of understand my brother when he says, "when he says I have the power, I still get chills up my spine."(it's only a minute long.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeA7a0uS3A

On a more serious note here is a song for everyone. What I mean is, I don't think I have ever met anyone who did not like this song; you may have heard it before; it also may appeal to those who have a sense of nature being drawn out over a long time where geology creates things on it's own, it gives you a sense of the nature and cycle of things, the duality of things too, so Goku may like it. I like the poetic words and how it covers that there is this ongoing theme of joy and pain we all know of for example,  "in the wilderness they're crying, but there is laughter everywhere";

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uIXMESr7k&list=FLpxx5FurXjry_3hleEQc7Fg&index=2&t=0s

(will check those other songs out later.)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Goku said:

As "Goku", this song set to 'my adventures' seems perfect. It is probably not the style of music most of you enjoy lol, but I figure if anyone is familiar with DBZ they might get a kick out of it.

I think this is a perfect song for what it represents, and fitting for a Christian forum.

This, is just the best version I've seen of this classic. Soulful, and a good message.

This is a beautiful song.

LOL Goku Disturbed has some good songs but i had never heard that one. I even referenced them on Blitzkings Topic Scientific Proof of Evolution...

Fuels singer is a powerhouse like Shinedowns is but the song 'Innocent' has ALWAYS creeped me out lol.. The opening Lyrics "Satan You Know Where I Lie" (As In, Lie Down) is the theme and overall to me it's a song of sympathy for Lucifer and those that war against God..

Yeah the Shinedown remake is one that i have always enjoyed...

I had never heard this 'Classical Spin' of Metallicas song either but liked it to..

As i enjoy listening to many 'Classics' from those yonder years (1700s- Classical)...

Such a raw emotional play on the chorus's between Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder, mix with profound lyrics

Not many lyrics in this one, only in the start but Claires wails say everything needed. If any have never heard well its worth a listen.

If one forgets the 'Global Warming' and thinks in terms of 'This Physical Life' and thinking this is all there is to it then this song takes on a reality for everyone..

22 hours ago, mike the wiz said:

Kind of like the Goku warrior song. Is that anime? I meant to ask you Goku did you like the film, "spirited away", :D I only watched it for the first time recently. This Goku warrior mogul song sort of reminds me also of he-man, "I have the power";

"And I became he-man, the most powerful man in the universe." :rotfl3: (can you tell it's an early 1980s job or what?) But I kind of understand my brother when he says, "when he says I have the power, I still get chills up my spine."(it's only a minute long.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeA7a0uS3A

On a more serious note here is a song for everyone. What I mean is, I don't think I have ever met anyone who did not like this song; you may have heard it before; it also may appeal to those who have a sense of nature being drawn out over a long time where geology creates things on it's own, it gives you a sense of the nature and cycle of things, the duality of things too, so Goku may like it. I like the poetic words and how it covers that there is this ongoing theme of joy and pain we all know of for example,  "in the wilderness they're crying, but there is laughter everywhere";

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uIXMESr7k&list=FLpxx5FurXjry_3hleEQc7Fg&index=2&t=0s

(will check those other songs out later.)

Yes the Goku song is anime; the clips are roughly in chronological order of Goku's adventures saving the world/universe from evil. I'm too young to have watched He-Man, but I know the "I have the power" quote, the opening theme was funny to watch. I also missed out on the Spirited Away movie, but I hear it is supposed to be really good.

19 hours ago, KillurBluff said:

LOL Goku Disturbed has some good songs but i had never heard that one. I even referenced them on Blitzkings Topic Scientific Proof of Evolution...

Yeah the Shinedown remake is one that i have always enjoyed...

I had never heard this 'Classical Spin' of Metallicas song either but liked it to..

As i enjoy listening to many 'Classics' from those yonder years (1700s- Classical)...

Disturbed is classified as a metal band, but every now and then they come out with songs like their Sound of Silence cover. The band Slipknot is kind of similar, I think they are more hard-core metal than Disturbed, then they come out with tunes like Snuff.

I've been a fan of Shinedown since shortly after they released their first album when I discovered them.

For whatever reason many metal heads like classical music. It can be hard to listen to some of the stuff and not think this is metal before there was metal.

21 hours ago, KillurBluff said:

Fuels singer is a powerhouse like Shinedowns is but the song 'Innocent' has ALWAYS creeped me out lol.. The opening Lyrics "Satan You Know Where I Lie" (As In, Lie Down) is the theme and overall to me it's a song of sympathy for Lucifer and those that war against God..

Interesting, I've always interpreted it as a prayer on the frustration of our sin nature and the desire to overcome it. Here are a few quotes to make my point.

"All our lives get complicated, search for pleasures overrate."

"Angels, lend me your might, forfeit all my lives to get just one right."

"This prayer is for me tonight, this far down that line and still ain't got it right."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goku said:

Yes the Goku song is anime; the clips are roughly in chronological order of Goku's adventures saving the world/universe from evil. I'm too young to have watched He-Man, but I know the "I have the power" quote, the opening theme was funny to watch. I also missed out on the Spirited Away movie, but I hear it is supposed to be really good.

Disturbed is classified as a metal band, but every now and then they come out with songs like their Sound of Silence cover. The band Slipknot is kind of similar, I think they are more hard-core metal than Disturbed, then they come out with tunes like Snuff.

I've been a fan of Shinedown since shortly after they released their first album when I discovered them.

For whatever reason many metal heads like classical music. It can be hard to listen to some of the stuff and not think this is metal before there was metal.

Interesting, I've always interpreted it as a prayer on the frustration of our sin nature and the desire to overcome it. Here are a few quotes to make my point.

"This prayer is for me tonight, this far down that line and still ain't got it right."

Yeah Goku, i like and understand these 'Thoughts' from you. I have much to say here and in the other thread you commented on will reply asap. Take Care...

On 5/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, Goku said:

Yes, as i understand 'This View'..

Here's 'My Take'..

Directly after the 1st set of lyrics where the song says that Satan knows/understands where 'He Lies Down' he brings into the lyrics, a Dylan Thomas poem (Which I Likewise Have cited here in another topic), But the lyrics go in the exact opposite..

Thomas's poem was written for his dying father which say "Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night" (Name Of Poem) and "Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light"..

Then the lyrics of Fuels song say something rather telling (In My View), quote "Never Armed Our Souls, For What The Future Would Hold, We Were Innocent".

Then likewise the following lyrics "Never Were We Told That We'd Be Bought And Sold We Were Innocent".

But 'These' lyrics go against our known reality. As everyone knows we have 'In Fact' been 'Warned' via Biblical Proclamations in regards...

And many sects of 'People' say/contend that they believe Lucifer was 'Innocent'...

Then some of the oddest lyrics seem to support my 'Thinking' of the lyrics, from the last set of them from Fuel quote; "And Confessions Not Yet Stated Our Next Sin Is Contemplated, Never Did We Know What The Future Would Hold Or That We'd Be Bought And Sold We Were Innocent"..