Evolution Fairytale Forum
siili

In the process of leaving

I will be phasing out my activity on these forums during the next month or so. Im juggling way too many projects and responsibilities at the same time, and unfortunately I feel my activity at these forums is not giving me a sufficient return on my time spent anymore.

I wish to try and tie up as many loose ends I might have left, so thats why this is my one month notice. Quote me or give me a notice here if there is something you wish to try and resolve before I leave.

I, for one, will be sorry to see you leave.  I know and understand a sense of frustration which why I sometimes take a week or so off.

The "return for time spent" in these forums doesn't come from the active posters or their posts.  If you've been watching, there have been several new members join the forum in the last couple weeks.  Not one of them has chosen to post.  It is among these lurkers that the "payback" for our time "investment" takes place.  We'll probably never know unless we get some input from them.

For example, in the middle on one of my discussions with Dave on Dr. Brown's "Hydroplate" model, a friend from my high school days who I hadn't heard from in decades contacted me on Facebook and complimented me on my work.

We never know who is reading our comments nor do we have any idea what they will take from them.   On these forums, the active participants are pretty much set in their ways.  We have (almost) always done extensive research and are unlikely to change our position.  The fence-sitters who are really open to change tend to be among the lurkers we never hear from.

In any case, understand you will be missed.  I hope that during this period you will find enough to restore your interest in these discussions and will choose to remain active .... even if it is in a more limited way.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, siili said:

I will be phasing out my activity on these forums during the next month or so. Im juggling way too many projects and responsibilities at the same time, and unfortunately I feel my activity at these forums is not giving me a sufficient return on my time spent anymore.

I wish to try and tie up as many loose ends I might have left, so thats why this is my one month notice. Quote me or give me a notice here if there is something you wish to try and resolve before I leave.

your really not a bad sort siili.

i had to do what i had to do in order to keep from scattering my lids.

we are all adamant about one cause or another.

peace and goodwill to you bro.

and don't be shy.

we luuurv your baba, Siili. Blessing to you!

We luuuurv you! Ho, ho! How can you leave Toad now! The soul that God mades we lllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurv! :D Everyone has value because we are all made by God! How can you defy this love we have 4 u, baba! Do not be sad! We are your friend!!! Be happy. "sing happy song, Daniel son" - Mr Miaggi - The Karate Kid.

we LLLLLLLLLLLLLuuuuuurv Goku too! Ho, ho! 

On 3/31/2019 at 8:42 PM, piasan said:

I, for one, will be sorry to see you leave.  I know and understand a sense of frustration which why I sometimes take a week or so off.

The "return for time spent" in these forums doesn't come from the active posters or their posts.  If you've been watching, there have been several new members join the forum in the last couple weeks.  Not one of them has chosen to post.  It is among these lurkers that the "payback" for our time "investment" takes place.  We'll probably never know unless we get some input from them.

For example, in the middle on one of my discussions with Dave on Dr. Brown's "Hydroplate" model, a friend from my high school days who I hadn't heard from in decades contacted me on Facebook and complimented me on my work.

We never know who is reading our comments nor do we have any idea what they will take from them.   On these forums, the active participants are pretty much set in their ways.  We have (almost) always done extensive research and are unlikely to change our position.  The fence-sitters who are really open to change tend to be among the lurkers we never hear from.

In any case, understand you will be missed.  I hope that during this period you will find enough to restore your interest in these discussions and will choose to remain active .... even if it is in a more limited way.

Thank you for your kind words. I do acknowledge that indeed there are people following the conversations, and for that I have kept up as far as I have. For a month or two I also did find the conversations interesting and engaging. And after that, I tried to pick my conversations more carefully, among topics that I still found fresh, and others I had to defend on principle.

However this decision is not one made in haste. I have been planning to leave for about a month or so. I failed to keep my cool and civility to the standard I require from myself. I also did notice the comments at me, in some parts, did turn from aggressive to hostile, possibly due to my lapse in self-control.

This with the fact that I actually am not managing to do all I need to in the time I have on my hands, the time I spend here unfortunately is needed elsewhere. 

I will undoubtedly check back at some point, if not for else, for the reason to see if the awaited ark has been dug up yet. But I will run down my active participation in this forum during the passing of this month.

7 hours ago, what if said:

your really not a bad sort siili.

i had to do what i had to do in order to keep from scattering my lids.

we are all adamant about one cause or another.

peace and goodwill to you bro.

and don't be shy.

Thank you

I will also say that I am not disputing your position in its entirety, nor am I denying the science behind it. My main point of attack then was the strength of the claim. Even still, the material you gave I think is the strongest I have received in opposition of me here. We will undoubtedly learn much new about the genetics in coming years.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, siili said:

Even still, the material you gave I think is the strongest I have received in opposition of me here. We will undoubtedly learn much new about the genetics in coming years.

i'm honored.

Thank you people, this was an educational experience. I will check back probably around Autumn, and perhaps glance at the forums couple times before that, but I wont be logging in in probably five months. Apologies for anything I left unfinished here. Anyway, Im off.

It has been a pleasure.   Hope to see you participating again in the future .....