Hanging up the hat Read more... ×
Evolution Fairytale Forum
indydave

Audacious! "Show meet someone who believes in Noah's ark and..."

...I will show you a Trump voter." This was what I heard today on Meet The Press. The topic was lying or "Alternative Facts."

**CHUCK TODD:

I want to read you guys a letter to the editor that we found in the Lexington Herald Leader. It was a fascinating attempt at trying to explain why some people support President Trump. Here's what he says. "Why do good people support Trump? It's because people have been trained, from childhood, to believe in fairytales. This set their minds up to accept things that make them feel good. The more fairytales and lies he tells, the better they feel. Show me a person who believes in Noah's Ark, and I will show you a Trump voter." Look, this gets at something, Dean, that my executive producer likes to say, is "Hey, voters want to be lied to, sometimes. They don't, they don’t always love being told hard truths."**

So would it be true that in this forum, those who oppose the reality of Noah's flood would be Democrats and those who agree with it are Republicans? Does that tell us anything? The implication of course by Chuck Todd was that stupid gullible Republicans who are Trump voters also have accepted the LIE that there was actually a global flood in recent times. And I have a feeling that is the same attitude that people here who favor Evolution have toward those of us who oppose it. I suppose that should not be all that surprising but it is certainly disappointing. I guess that means that Jesus and Peter and probably all early Christians, would have been Trump voters!

2 hours ago, indydave said:

...I will show you a Trump voter." This was what I heard today on Meet The Press. The topic was lying or "Alternative Facts."

**CHUCK TODD:

I want to read you guys a letter to the editor that we found in the Lexington Herald Leader. It was a fascinating attempt at trying to explain why some people support President Trump. Here's what he says. "Why do good people support Trump? It's because people have been trained, from childhood, to believe in fairytales. This set their minds up to accept things that make them feel good. The more fairytales and lies he tells, the better they feel. Show me a person who believes in Noah's Ark, and I will show you a Trump voter." Look, this gets at something, Dean, that my executive producer likes to say, is "Hey, voters want to be lied to, sometimes. They don't, they don’t always love being told hard truths."**

So would it be true that in this forum, those who oppose the reality of Noah's flood would be Democrats and those who agree with it are Republicans? Does that tell us anything? The implication of course by Chuck Todd was that stupid gullible Republicans who are Trump voters also have accepted the LIE that there was actually a global flood in recent times. And I have a feeling that is the same attitude that people here who favor Evolution have toward those of us who oppose it. I suppose that should not be all that surprising but it is certainly disappointing. I guess that means that Jesus and Peter and probably all early Christians, would have been Trump voters!

YUP.   Like I have been saying for 3 years now.. TDS and EDS Go together always... ALWAYS...

You need to look no further then your resident PI...  Someone who SHOULD embrace NEARLY EVERYTHING that Trump has done AS WELL AS embrace HOW God SAID he made Man and HOW  LONG it took for him to do so..... Along with all of the evidence for the Flood of Noah and the Age of the Earth..  

But it is NOT about a HEAD issue.. It is about a HEART issue... 

I guarantee he will vote for a green new deal, abortion on demand infanticidal g*y Marriage supporting God hating Communist instead of Trump in 2020 due to TDS... He has even claimed so publicly that he will vote against Trumps opponent no matter who it is..  Same kind of thinking that allows someone who supposedly "believes in" the Judeo Christian God of the Bible HOWEVER calls him a liar or mistaken about HIS creation and Noah's Flood.. 

Almost sounds like mental illness to me..

Trump Administration Accomplishments 

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • Created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Blue collar wage earnings have increased to most in over 3 DECADES 
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  •  Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • Reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • ISIS wiped out and Al Baghdadi dead
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

• Passing the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) that will bring relief and business to the American farmer.

• Passing 12 weeks of paid family leave for federal workers. An initiative that Ivanka Trump has been advocating for since Day One. And on a personal level, one that NO LESS than 10 career HUD employees thankedme for in private - with some even admitting they may vote for him in 2020.

• Reaching an historic trade deal with China that lifts the unfair tariff burden off the American tax-payer that the LAST THREE PRESIDENTS had no problem paying for DECADES.

• Getting Space Force

• Requiring Hospitals to publicly disclose the costs charged and paid by ALL insurance companies to ensure transparency and fair competition.

• Making animal cruelty a FEDERAL FELONY, praised by the American Humane Society as a bill they’ve been trying to pass for DECADES

• Forcing delinquent foreign countries to contribute an additional $530 BILLION to NATO so that Americans are no longer bearing the global burden

• Expanding federal civil rights protections against anti-semitism, which was duly praised by the President of the Anti-Defamation League 

3 hours ago, indydave said:

**CHUCK TODD:

Chuck Todd lamenting "Alternative Facts" is like Hitler lamenting Kristallnacht....

God has definitely allowed the spirit of Satan to possess or influence the DemonRat (Formerly Democrat) party.. I think he waited until the last few remaining pro life anti infanticide people left the party and now he has removed his presence from the party that celebrates and glorifies the murder of innocents ...  Careful Democrats.. We have seen this story before with the people who put their newborns onto the red hot arms of Molech and worshipped the idols of Metaphysical Naturalism

It didnt end well as they were wiped off the map...

And claim that animals have the same rights as humans... They decry small dogs (puppies) in cramped cages while celebrating small humans having their faces cut open while alive so they can harvest their brain or have their head yanked off with tongs while they get cut to pieces or burned inside and out with salt...  .

Guess how many of the MILITANT "Animal Rights" Advocates  who dont ALSO support the murder of innocent humans for convenience... I have asked 100s of them as they protest all over the place here in California.. I have NEVER met one who is AGAINST abortion EVER.... Dont believe me? Ask one yourself.. I WANT to be shown differently I really do... Send me their info so I can change my further posts.... 

God is not fooled... He predicted all this 2000 years ago.. He knows.. 

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to S@xual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural S@xual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1

4 hours ago, indydave said:

Speaking for myself only, I don't see those who voted for Trump as "stupid gullible Republicans."  They are patriotic Americans, like myself, who were disgusted with the "politics as usual" Washington establishment and believed it necessary to send a "message" to Washington.

Until the 2018 election, I counted myself as a Republican.  My voting record for President is Republicans 11, 3rd party 2, and Democrats 0. 

I did change my party registration from Republican to Democrat several years after moving to Oklahoma about 20 years ago.  This was not due to party politics, but because in Oklahoma most local elections are determined in the Democratic primary since the Republican party seldom even had candidates for local office.  This meant that in order to have a voice in local and county government, I would need to be registered as a Democrat.  Interestingly, this came to my attention as the result of a petition to my local county commissioners regarding a road closure in front of my home.  I may have registered as a Democrat, but in state and federal office, my vote was still 100% Republican ..... until Trump.

For some reason, I can't imagine Jesus voting for Trump.

4 hours ago, Blitzking said:

You need to look no further then your resident PI...  Someone who SHOULD embrace NEARLY EVERYTHING that Trump has done....

So much misrepresentation in that list of Trump "accomplishments" I couldn't answer it all in a single post. 

A brief summary.....

Economics ....  Fewer jobs have been created in Trump's three years than in Obama's last 3.  The trajectory has largely been a continuation of Obama's economy with a stimulus provided by a tax cut targeted at corporations and the wealthy resulting in TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS during a time of growth.  Contrary to Trump's lies, tariffs of his trade wars are NOT paid by foreigners. They are a tax paid by Americans at the point of entry.  Even if the importer chooses to eat all or part of the tariff, it is STILL paid by Americans.  BTW, the economic growth rate last quarter was 2.1% not 4.2%.

Foreign relations .... The "Great Negotiator" gave Israel the big prize in negotiations with Palestinians.... Jerusalem and the West Bank.  There is nothing left to negotiate... and US credibility as a mediator between them is destroyed.  NATO members have upped their spending but that has been in process for years and any increase above planned growth levels has been marginal.  By withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal after three times certifying that Iran was in compliance he demonstrated the US is not to be trusted and Iran has (justifiably IMO) abandoned the deal and is now potentially within weeks of having enough material to make a bomb if they choose. 

Medical care ..... Elimination of the individual mandate removed young healthy people from the insurance pool.  The obvious impact of this is that premiums for everyone increased.  Blaming Obama for the increase was obviously not true.  Of course, the increase worked to the detriment of the sick, poor, and elderley in order to benefit the healthy, wealthy, and young.  Despite his claims that he wants pre-existing conditions covered, he is still trying to have Obama Care declared unconstitutional which would eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions.  He has no replacement plan for Obama Care and the end of Obama Care would cost millions of people their health insurance.  "Repeal and Replace" is STILL just as much "Repeal" but no "Replace" as it was when John McCain gave his "thumbs down" vote.

Environment .....  Coal is a 17th century fuel.  It is NOT coming back.  Windmills do NOT cause cancer.  He has opened one of the last pristine salmon runs to strip mining and removed regulations to protect surface waters used by many communities as their primary drinking supply.

I could go on and on .......

13 hours ago, piasan said:

So much misrepresentation in that list of Trump "accomplishments" I couldn't answer it all in a single post. 

A brief summary.....

Economics ....  Fewer jobs have been created in Trump's three years than in Obama's last 3.  The trajectory has largely been a continuation of Obama's economy with a stimulus provided by a tax cut targeted at corporations and the wealthy resulting in TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS during a time of growth.  Contrary to Trump's lies, tariffs of his trade wars are NOT paid by foreigners. They are a tax paid by Americans at the point of entry.  Even if the importer chooses to eat all or part of the tariff, it is STILL paid by Americans.  BTW, the economic growth rate last quarter was 2.1% not 4.2%.

Foreign relations .... The "Great Negotiator" gave Israel the big prize in negotiations with Palestinians.... Jerusalem and the West Bank.  There is nothing left to negotiate... and US credibility as a mediator between them is destroyed.  NATO members have upped their spending but that has been in process for years and any increase above planned growth levels has been marginal.  By withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal after three times certifying that Iran was in compliance he demonstrated the US is not to be trusted and Iran has (justifiably IMO) abandoned the deal and is now potentially within weeks of having enough material to make a bomb if they choose. 

Medical care ..... Elimination of the individual mandate removed young healthy people from the insurance pool.  The obvious impact of this is that premiums for everyone increased.  Blaming Obama for the increase was obviously not true.  Of course, the increase worked to the detriment of the sick, poor, and elderley in order to benefit the healthy, wealthy, and young.  Despite his claims that he wants pre-existing conditions covered, he is still trying to have Obama Care declared unconstitutional which would eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions.  He has no replacement plan for Obama Care and the end of Obama Care would cost millions of people their health insurance.  "Repeal and Replace" is STILL just as much "Repeal" but no "Replace" as it was when John McCain gave his "thumbs down" vote.

Environment .....  Coal is a 17th century fuel.  It is NOT coming back.  Windmills do NOT cause cancer.  He has opened one of the last pristine salmon runs to strip mining and removed regulations to protect surface waters used by many communities as their primary drinking supply.

I could go on and on .......

Where do you get your fake news from? Paul Krugman? LOL

When President Trump was elected, Paul Krugman wrote, “f the question is when the markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.”

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/26/paul-krugman-said-markets-would-never-recover-from-trump-the-dow-is-up-10000-points-since-2016/

20 hours ago, piasan said:

Speaking for myself only, I don't see those who voted for Trump as "stupid gullible Republicans."  They are patriotic Americans, like myself, who were disgusted with the "politics as usual" Washington establishment and believed it necessary to send a "message" to Washington.

Until the 2018 election, I counted myself as a Republican.  My voting record for President is Republicans 11, 3rd party 2, and Democrats 0. 

I did change my party registration from Republican to Democrat several years after moving to Oklahoma about 20 years ago.  This was not due to party politics, but because in Oklahoma most local elections are determined in the Democratic primary since the Republican party seldom even had candidates for local office.  This meant that in order to have a voice in local and county government, I would need to be registered as a Democrat.  Interestingly, this came to my attention as the result of a petition to my local county commissioners regarding a road closure in front of my home.  I may have registered as a Democrat, but in state and federal office, my vote was still 100% Republican ..... until Trump.

"For some reason, I can't imagine Jesus voting for Trump"

For MANY reasons I cant see Jesus voting for anyone ELSE..   Obviously we believe in a VERY different "Jesus"..

YOUR Jesus supports infanticide and 2 men getting "married" to adopt little boys and all of the other wonderful things that the DemonRat party represents today....

You know, the party that voted 3 times to remove God from their charter? Remember?  YOUR "Jesus" would love that wouldnt he.. 

MY Jesus would NEVER vote for a Democrat of today.. EVER...  Maybe you should meet him someday (soon I hope) as you obviously havent done so yet...

He said you must be born again of the spirit or you arent part of the kingdom of God...   Maybe you should listen to him.... Your choice...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/21/trump-exposing-obliterating-democrats-evil-sociali/

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/432658-conservative-writer-calls-democratic-party-an-evil-institution

https://herald-review.com/opinion/columnists/michael-reagan-democrats-are-the-party-of-evil/article_1f98d84c-bb97-5797-9d94-5e8c418ef9fd.html

On 12/29/2019 at 11:23 PM, piasan said:

It's hard to know IF Jesus would vote. For most of us it's more a matter of choosing to vote AGAINST someone. I had my doubts about Trump when I voted for him because he seemed like he did not have good motives, but he has proven by his actions to be a far better president than I expected him to be. I think he fails mainly in his internal quality of apparently not having humility. Of course, that is the same problem that I perceive in his Democrat opponent in 2016. A strong leader has a strong temptation to not be humble. In Acts 12 King Herod was smitten with worms because he refused to give God the glory for his oratory ability. But I think Trump is doing better at showing humility than his younger self did. Thankfully he is not the one who is our example for how we should live.

If you set aside the qualities of the individual, I think there is no doubt at all that the present day principles and positions taken by Democrats are much more opposed to God's laws than those of Republicans. But if we are speaking primarily about belief in a global flood, I think it would be 9 to 1 Republicans.

BTW, I'm really bummed that I didn't catch the typo that my voice typing put in the subject line! I don't suppose there's any way to fix that now, is there?

On 12/29/2019 at 11:23 PM, piasan said:

My voting record for President is Republicans 11, 3rd party 2, and Democrats 0. 

BTW, I think it is lunacy to vote third party. You have basically given your vote to whoever is your least favorite of the two major parties. I suppose there is some rationale for saying that you don't want to lend your support to someone you think has really bad qualities and to let others decide without your help.

I'm guessing that the reason you have not voted Democrat is a lot to do with abortion and h*mos*xual marriage. And if that is the case, you should be commended by someone like BK, I would think.

13 hours ago, indydave said:

I'm guessing that the reason you have not voted Democrat is a lot to do with abortion and h*mos*xual marriage. And if that is the case, you should be commended by someone like BK, I would think.

I don't honestly qualify I suppose, for the discussion since not being American, I am not totally sure on how a democrat or republican is defined in the USA. However one pastor Tony Evans seemed to think or imply he thought Trump racist. Whether or not he is racist is not my point, my point is Tony Evans is a black pastor, he is the man I quote in my signature, and he heavily implied he would not be a Trump supporter, despite believing in the flood.

I myself would never vote on politics for my own personal principle that it's intermingled with morality too much, and since "none of the above" are for a Godly morality why play the dangerous game of getting involved with the world's problems? Men of the world, run the world, and their prince, the prince of the world, is whom they unwittingly do the will of. What then has light got to do with darkness? Render to Caesar the things due to Caesar and the things of God to God, therefore since we our of God and not the world, our only vote can ever be for the government of Jesus Christ. 

So from my GUESSING, it seems to me a republican is sort of a right wing person and a democrat is sort of a left wing person. But perhaps you guys could flesh that out more. 

Conclusion: I think this fellow, "Todd", is just trying to get the people NOT on his side, to look bad, like they represent a "simple" type of thinking. Unfortunately that is how most people see you if you do believe in the flood, most people have been fooled by the propaganda that a creationist is a simplistic person that believes in a fairytale. 

It seems similar to that other argument where some evolutionists compare flat earthers to creationists.

It does seem to me even though I am, "none of the above" that the leftist way of thinking is more of a Godless way to think. In terms of political correctness, saying the right things, being seen to do the right things, the leftist seems pharisaical to me, like the pharisees, they are heard to say and do the right thing visibly (political correctness) but when it comes to moral actions even though they appear soft, gentle, accomodating and tolerant, really a lot of their morality is more extreme than their words imply. They make out the right winger is "extremist" but do the left wingers really do the extreme things? For example it is leftist, liberal rules that recently in the UK, enabled a racist to get out of jail free on parole. Do you know what he done next? Of course you do, because you aren't a fool, but this is the problem with Godlessness, IT IS FOOLISHNESS.

I will tell you what you will already know Dave. He imprisoned eleven people, a lot of them children, where he brutally raped and imprisoned them.

Their lives are ruined now, because of the liberalist human "rights" they believe rapists like him should have.

In reality, the people that let him go free will stand before God as rapists.

To my mind, that kind of liberalist philosophy is VERY extreme. For they would rather let someone like that go, simply because they would call it "morally wrong" to execute vermin. But apparently they don't think it morally wrong to let him go free and rape little children and make them go through the most unthinkably horrific ordeal.

These, and many other highly worrisome things, keep me well away from voting or placing any faith in men, or parties of men. Their world friend, and they will have to answer for it. 

1 hour ago, mike the wiz said:

So from my GUESSING, it seems to me a republican is sort of a right wing person and a democrat is sort of a left wing person. But perhaps you guys could flesh that out more. 

There's not really any nationally relevant left party in the US.  The Democratic Socialists of America are growing but still aren't that electorally relevant beyond a few local offices.  Because of the way American elections work, most leftists will likely end up voting for the Democrats as the lesser evil, but the best they can be expected to do is some mild social democrat type stuff (for now).  You have to keep in mind that thanks to decades of propaganda, when Republicans talk about "leftists" they could mean anything from an actual communist to someone whose policies are largely indistinguishable from many Republicans, only they think g*y marriage is acceptable.

1 hour ago, mike the wiz said:

To my mind, that kind of liberalist philosophy is VERY extreme. For they would rather let someone like that go, simply because they would call it "morally wrong" to execute vermin. But apparently they don't think it morally wrong to let him go free and rape little children and make them go through the most unthinkably horrific ordeal.

I looked up the details to this, and I couldn't find anyone arguing it was appropriate that the guy was let go.  Pretty much everyone I saw agreed it was a failure of the system.  Did I miss something?

It's easy to say "someone like that should be executed", but you have to keep in mind that maintaining a system that can execute people who are undeniably bad has historically executed quite a few people who were later exonerated.  In your view, will the people who let that happen be judged as murderers? 

17 hours ago, indydave said:

BTW, I think it is lunacy to vote third party. You have basically given your vote to whoever is your least favorite of the two major parties. I suppose there is some rationale for saying that you don't want to lend your support to someone you think has really bad qualities and to let others decide without your help.

"And if that is the case, you should be commended by someone like BK, I would think."

Yes indeed... So why the 180 degree reversal just because he doesnt like Trump?  Do you think I liked RINOs Mcain and Romney (who many considered snakes in the grass) while I PINCHED MY NOSTRILS AND VOTED FOR THEM IN 2008 AND 2012??   

TDS is preventing him from thinking LOGICALLY just like EDS does... He posts on a site for years called "Evolution Fairytale" and defends Satans Lie that God created Apes In his own image and  NOT Adam and Eve and he does it NOT by providing Facts and Evidence  to support it which he REFUSES to engage in, but by innuendo and gorilla warfare and sniping tactics...

4 hours ago, mike the wiz said:

I don't honestly qualify I suppose, for the discussion since not being American, I am not totally sure on how a democrat or republican is defined in the USA. However one pastor Tony Evans seemed to think or imply he thought Trump racist. Whether or not he is racist is not my point, my point is Tony Evans is a black pastor, he is the man I quote in my signature, and he heavily implied he would not be a Trump supporter, despite believing in the flood.

I myself would never vote on politics for my own personal principle that it's intermingled with morality too much, and since "none of the above" are for a Godly morality why play the dangerous game of getting involved with the world's problems? Men of the world, run the world, and their prince, the prince of the world, is whom they unwittingly do the will of. What then has light got to do with darkness? Render to Caesar the things due to Caesar and the things of God to God, therefore since we our of God and not the world, our only vote can ever be for the government of Jesus Christ. 

Conclusion: I think this fellow, "Todd", is just trying to get the people NOT on his side, to look bad, like they represent a "simple" type of thinking. Unfortunately that is how most people see you if you do believe in the flood, most people have been fooled by the propaganda that a creationist is a simplistic person that believes in a fairytale. 

It seems similar to that other argument where some evolutionists compare flat earthers to creationists.

It does seem to me even though I am, "none of the above" that the leftist way of thinking is more of a Godless way to think. In terms of political correctness, saying the right things, being seen to do the right things, the leftist seems pharisaical to me, like the pharisees, they are heard to say and do the right thing visibly (political correctness) but when it comes to moral actions even though they appear soft, gentle, accomodating and tolerant, really a lot of their morality is more extreme than their words imply. They make out the right winger is "extremist" but do the left wingers really do the extreme things? For example it is leftist, liberal rules that recently in the UK, enabled a racist to get out of jail free on parole. Do you know what he done next? Of course you do, because you aren't a fool, but this is the problem with Godlessness, IT IS FOOLISHNESS.

I will tell you what you will already know Dave. He imprisoned eleven people, a lot of them children, where he brutally raped and imprisoned them.

Their lives are ruined now, because of the liberalist human "rights" they believe rapists like him should have.

In reality, the people that let him go free will stand before God as rapists.

These, and many other highly worrisome things, keep me well away from voting or placing any faith in men, or parties of men. Their world friend, and they will have to answer for it. 

"I don't honestly qualify I suppose, for the discussion since not being American, I am not totally sure on how a democrat or republican is defined in the USA"

It is really quite simple... If you are a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn and believe in his vision you would fit right in with the modern mainstream Democratic party here in the USA...

BUT

If you DONT LIKE Corbyn and what he represents, think he is dangerous and bad for the country you would vote for Trump (OR WHOEVER) in spite of his flaws and be happy you did and tell everyone you know to do the same and tell them why..

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

Pericles

41 minutes ago, popoi said:

There's not really any nationally relevant left party in the US.  The Democratic Socialists of America are growing but still aren't that electorally relevant beyond a few local offices.  Because of the way American elections work, most leftists will likely end up voting for the Democrats as the lesser evil, but the best they can be expected to do is some mild social democrat type stuff (for now).  You have to keep in mind that thanks to decades of propaganda, when Republicans talk about "leftists" they could mean anything from an actual communist to someone whose policies are largely indistinguishable from many Republicans, only they think g*y marriage is acceptable.

I looked up the details to this, and I couldn't find anyone arguing it was appropriate that the guy was let go.  Pretty much everyone I saw agreed it was a failure of the system.  Did I miss something?

It's easy to say "someone like that should be executed", but you have to keep in mind that maintaining a system that can execute people who are undeniably bad has historically executed quite a few people who were later exonerated.  In your view, will the people who let that happen be judged as murderers? 

"There's not really any nationally relevant left party in the US"

LOL.... Either you DONT live here or you HAVEN'T BEEN paying attention over the last 20 years or so..

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/politics/democratic-party-left-liberal-q-poll/index.html

I'm wondering if that quote from Meet The Press means that when Don Patton announces (with undeniable PROOF) he found the ark next year, that means everyone will decide to vote for Trump?

AND (more importantly) will all the ev's stop pushing their ev agenda?...and HOPEFULLY start believing the Bible is TRUTH?

57 minutes ago, Blitzking said:

"There's not really any nationally relevant left party in the US"

LOL.... Either you DONT live here or you HAVEN'T BEEN paying attention over the last 20 years or so..

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/politics/democratic-party-left-liberal-q-poll/index.html

Let's take a closer look at those stats:

24. Would you say that the - Democratic Party has moved too far to the left, too far to the right, or would you say the Democratic Party hasn't moved too far in either direction?

WHITE......
                                                               COLLEGE DEG
                     Tot    Rep    Dem    Ind    Men    Wom    Yes    No

Too far left         47%    79%    17%    48%    57%    37%    55%    52%
Too far right         4      3      6      5      5      4      4      5
Not too far          42     12     72     41     32     50     37     35
DK/NA                 7      6      5      7      5      9      4      8

Obviously the Republicans are going to say the Democrats have gone too far left, that's why they're Republicans.  There isn't much way to be right enough for them other than just being a Republican.  The other problem is that the survey uses the same US-centric definitions that conflate leftism with liberalism that I mentioned before.

Most of the policies listed as examples of being "too far left" in that article have barely been anywhere close to the mainstream for a full election cycle, much less 20 years.  And basically all but one of the Democratic candidates have to be dragged kicking and screaming to actually support anything resembling an actual leftist position.

38 minutes ago, popoi said:

Let's take a closer look at those stats:

Obviously the Republicans are going to say the Democrats have gone too far left, that's why they're Republicans.  There isn't much way to be right enough for them other than just being a Republican.  The other problem is that the survey uses the same US-centric definitions that conflate leftism with liberalism that I mentioned before.

Most of the policies listed as examples of being "too far left" in that article have barely been anywhere close to the mainstream for a full election cycle, much less 20 years.  And basically all but one of the Democratic candidates have to be dragged kicking and screaming to actually support anything resembling an actual leftist position.

"Obviously the Republicans are going to say the Democrats have gone too far left, that's why they're Republicans."

"Poisoning the well" Fallacies wont work here as you know... 

Nearly Every single one of the 25 current and former candidates support the following..

* Eliminating all private health insurance in favor of a single, government-run system.

* The "Green New Deal," a massive (and massively expensive) overhaul of
   the way in which we consume and think about energy in this country..

* More 2nd amendment rights rescinded.

* Free government health care for illegal aliens

* Government funded infanticide on demand.

* Abolish ICE

* Continue to support Illegal "Sanctuary cities

See the source image

11 hours ago, popoi said:

The creation of the laws that let him go do not come from Godly wisdom. Someone decided at some stage to be lenient and merciful to evil people, and that's where it all began. The bible says we are to make a willful decision to have no mercy on someone when they do something wicked. This is wisdom, because to have mercy on people who do crime is the definition of, "injust", because that is not recompense for the victim. To let rapists and murderers and violent, heartless thugs go free is to help the criminal. This all began and got worse, in correlation to abandoning Christian values, and as it went on from their, the leniency on criminals became more and more immoral within Godless systems. Why even deny the obvious. 

(note this is in the context of hypothetics, I am not saying there isn't mercy for forgiveness through the gospel, but I speak of the real worst repeat criminals, serial killers and rapists, etc...)

11 hours ago, popoi said:

t's easy to say "someone like that should be executed", but you have to keep in mind that maintaining a system that can execute people who are undeniably bad has historically executed quite a few people who were later exonerated.  In your view, will the people who let that happen be judged as murderers? 

I agree it would certainly be a bad thing, and could be regarded as manslaughter. The difference is letting a known rapist go, is a bit like letting a dangerous dog that eats children, into the childrens playground at school. When I say the people that let him go will be counted as rapists, it is all those who made such sinful and unjust rules, the ones responsible. I am not God, ultimately I don't know, I spoke from passion because I am not a heartless, passionless, robot of the flesh. I admit it is OUTRAGE within me, at the injustice that seems to prevail.

However with historical cases, we also have to remember the crudity of systems that let innocent people be executed. Certainly if it was down to me, I would have a rule whereby a reasonable doubt would negate the death penalty, but it would have to be life in prison with terrible crimes. The worst crimes like rape, murder. 

There is no perfect situation, I am not saying, "we are omniscient", but there is a risk either way, we risk punishing innocent people or we risk innocent people being raped or murdered. 

In your view, will the people who let that happen be judged as murderers? 

I accept refutation on this point. I had built up a head of steam and outrage. However I still think the rules in place are clearly madness, people go free for murder now really early, rapists go free. Last year I read an article in a newspaper saying 250 rapists had recommitted the crime when let out of jail free cards were passed out. That simply cannot be, "morally right and just", yet it would seem these days, the superficial Godless morality that exists in the flesh robots, is more concerned when someone says something wrong, like when someone says something semi-sexist. The outrage that then sweeps over society and is in the news, is quite bizarre to those with any true sense of morality, for morality isn't about what we say but what we do, but in a post-Christian society, people become more and more and more confused, and rely more and more and more on their own limited human reason.

I still say execution for PROVEN murderers/rapists is correct. Someone like this, who raped and imprisoned and lets face it, is just an animal with no heart or any feeling for anyone but himself, surely should at least at this stage have his bollocks chopped off, and his horrible implement chopped off since he can only harm others with it. I mean how many times does a dangerous dog have to attack children before we don't let it in the playground? It at least gets a muzzle put on it's face. 

But let's face it that would be "frowned upon" these days and they would scream, "barbaric, against human rights." And everyone who screams that is part of the enemies system, and HELPS the criminal. That's what all of those screamers have done through they years, until it led to changes where they now do have more rights than the victim. For the prince of this world has, "blinded the mind of the unbeliever". 

When that happens, bitter becomes sweet, sweet becomes bitter, light becomes darkness, and darkness becomes light. There would these days given the superficial flesh-robots we are breeding, be a greater outrage in the media and social media, not if children were raped because they let him go but if someone said something that could be deemed semi-sexist or borderline H*m*ph*bic. 

Surely you can see the trend, the more anti-Christian values people get, the more WHACKY it all gets as the years pass. 

(if you are a leftist I am not saying you are FOR all of the whackiness, I wouldn't generalise anyway, I am consciously at all times aware of both generalistion fallacies of sweeping generalisation and hasty generalisation so I couldn't accuse a particular leftist anyway, or liberal, or however you define it. I am not that "up" on political knowledge and it all seems a complicated mish mash of definitions to me. But also its a bit unfair to respond with, "provide a perfect system", that isn't a Christian's job, when you become a Christian change happens within, not without. Rules and implementing them, isn't the commission, the commission is to spread the gospel because change from within, the love of God, makes your heart BLEED for a victim, and therefore if you are a terrible criminal sinner, when you receive that love, that is the only thing that can change you. We know this from genuine testimonies. They're available online, a man who took drugs shot his face off, saw the Lord and heard the message and was healed of addiction. I heard one gang member say that he was heartless when he didn't know the Lord, no love inside him, he said he would pass by his enemy's house and randomly shoot his gun at his house wall, not caring who was inside. He himself couldn't believe he could do that, once he received Christ because then his heart of stone became a heart of flesh. Also a famous case is "the cross and the switchblade")

The true cause of the worlds ills is the lack of God inside the human heart; hear it from the horse's mouth if you believe I am making it up; "I consigned myself to being as violent as I can possibly be," (when without God) "I was dead on the inside". 

then................."the anger had gone, the addiction had gone, I couldn't explain how."

(it's only ten minutes and is fairly humouress too if you like that kind of humour.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnL6HOSZ8hk

Popoi I realise my comments should really be more, "Godlessness is in political views". I also believe extreme "right" views can be just as bad such as racism and whatnot. I was not attempting to, "side" with anyone. I apologise if you felt I was attacking you if you are more on the "left", I admit I don't have knowledge enough to use those terms properly. 

I have no view on the debate with BK/Trumpists versus "democrats" for example and that whole political debating thing.

"Certainly if it was down to me, I would have a rule whereby a reasonable doubt would negate the death penalty, but it would have to be life in prison with terrible crimes."

Guilt has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order to get a conviction. So you are saying here that the death penalty would be negated when the defendant is found not guilty, which I'll admit seems fair.

Do you actually want two distinct levels of conviction? I suggest

1) definitely guilty

2) probably definitely guilty 

3 hours ago, mike the wiz said:

Popoi I realise my comments should really be more, "Godlessness is in political views". I also believe extreme "right" views can be just as bad such as racism and whatnot. I was not attempting to, "side" with anyone. I apologise if you felt I was attacking you if you are more on the "left", I admit I don't have knowledge enough to use those terms properly. 

I have no view on the debate with BK/Trumpists versus "democrats" for example and that whole political debating thing.

"I have no view on the debate with BK/Trumpists versus "democrats" for example and that whole political debating thing"

Just out of curiosity, do you have any view on Jeremy Corbin? Would you have preferred Corbin winning instead of losing? Do you think it would have been better for the UK if he had won? Or does it matter either way? No preference? At all?  

Or do you just stay out of politics all together on both sides of the pond..

On 12/30/2019 at 3:23 AM, Blitzking said:

God has definitely allowed the spirit of Satan to possess or influence the DemonRat (Formerly Democrat) party..

Funny that you feel the need to insult all the not-Republicans. I just saw an op-ed in the Washington Post written by a GOP strategist.

Republicans are now officially the character doesn’t count party, the personal responsibility just proves you have failed to blame the other guy party, the deficit doesn’t matter party, the Russia is our ally party, and the I’m-right-and-you-are-human-scum party.

Trump won with 46.1 percent of the vote in 2016, while Mitt Romney lost with 47.2 percent in 2012; no wonder Republicans have convinced themselves that the path to victory and power lies with angry division.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/wake-up-republicans-your-party-stands-for-all-the-wrong-things-now/2019/12/31/c8347b32-2be8-11ea-9b60-817cc18cf173_story.html#comments-wrapper

You nicely fit the description.

5 minutes ago, Blitzking said:

"I have no view on the debate with BK/Trumpists versus "democrats" for example and that whole political debating thing"

Just out of curiosity, do you have any view on Jeremy Corbin? Would you have preferred Corbin winning instead of losing? Do you think it would have been better for the UK if he had won? Or does it matter either way? No preference? At all?  

Or do you just stay out of politics all together on both sides of the pond..

I'm happy that Boris Johnson won. I sincerely believe that the Brexit will harm the UK, but there came a point where the EU needs to gets it's act together and spend it's energy on those who wish to stay. The British asked delay after delay, their parliament was unable to accept any deal negotiated. The UK became a ball and chain on the EU. It's time to move forward for the EU.

4 hours ago, Perpetual_student said:

Funny that you feel the need to insult all the not-Republicans. I just saw an op-ed in the Washington Post written by a GOP strategist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/wake-up-republicans-your-party-stands-for-all-the-wrong-things-now/2019/12/31/c8347b32-2be8-11ea-9b60-817cc18cf173_story.html#comments-wrapper

You nicely fit the description.

Well since you got it from the Washington Post it must be true right?  LOL

8 minutes ago, Blitzking said:

Well since you got it from the Washington Post it must be true right?  LOL

It was an opinion article, which is neither true nor false, but just an opinion. (Though that opinion can be well supported or not.) It was remarkable because the passage I quoted matched very well with the way you described the Democrats.