Evolution Fairytale Forum
mike the wiz

2020 Toadiferous Offering

Well, not usually a big fan of the new year or anything as ultimately it's just a change of date, but here's a little video I think sort of fits with it in it's style for me. Saw this recently, my mum/mom used to watch it in the 1990s but I was too young to appreciate it properly back then. Reminds me of Goku's signature, both the Einstein one and the one about technique.

Artistic excellence is so inspiring to me. I've been blown away by this performance I must have watched this ten times at least, from the choir music at the beginning to the final crescendo with the dancing, theist or atheist, evolutionist or creationist, young or old, you only have to be human to be moved by the wonders people can create when they achieve artistic perfection. Every note sung and step danced is perfect.

Of course for me I see God in many things, and one of those things is when someone excels to mastery in any given area, even in sport but especially something artistic where something just seems perfect, that is the only word for it.

I hope I can achieve excellence in 2020, but perhaps like me you think sometimes you're only Einstein's fish or as Proximo would phrase it, "shadow and dust". Tis only a feeling, but can be a strong one. :rotfl3:

Please please watch this, you may never have seen it and you can't die without enjoying the fastest five minutes you'll ever experience. Nobody can fail to enjoy this unless they are a very dry soul indeed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Mike.

I always enjoyed the Riverdance performances.  It's hard to realize it has been 25 years.

No matter who you are or what your beliefs, the artistic excellence of this group is something that can be enjoyed by anyone anywhere.

Other clips that came up at the end of the Riverdance one were great also....   Susan Boyle's first performance on BGT; any of the other Riverdance performances; Darci Lynn on AGT; and the USMC Silent Drill Platoon are all great too.  I must have spent another hour watching the rest of the clips that came up with the one you chose.  (Note:  Apparently the clips are not the same each time, you may get some of the same ones I did, you may not.

Talent knows no bounds of age, appearance or belief but it is easily recognized by all.

May you and yours (and all who read this) enjoy excellence in 2020.

A Happy New Year to All.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, piasan said:

Other clips that came up at the end of the Riverdance one were great also....   Susan Boyle's first performance on BGT; any of the other Riverdance performances; Darci Lynn on AGT; and the USMC Silent Drill Platoon are all great too.  I must have spent another hour watching the rest of the clips that came up with the one you chose.  (Note:  Apparently the clips are not the same each time, you may get some of the same ones I did, you may not.

Talent knows no bounds of age, appearance or belief but it is easily recognized by all.

May you and yours (and all who read this) enjoy excellence in 2020.

A Happy New Year to All.

Bless you Sir. And I'm glad you ended up watching and enjoying more. It was only in the last few days I watched this Riverdance performance and now have more in my list on utube, to watch in the coming weeks. I knew of them but was only a child in the 1990s so I only had a hazy memory but my mum/mom sent me a video of that performance and I watched it about four times in a row, ho, ho! Just mesmerising. Well said.

Happy new year to you too Pi.