Evolution Fairytale Forum
rico

It is my assertion that matter cannot do anything. How debate naturalism

origins mind over matter.

It's my assertion: material can't do anything.

This has caused problems relating to or thinking how to debate naturalistic evolutionists or try to explain things to them.

For example:

mind controls matter

laws come from a lawgiver

energy requires an energy giver

sometimes have a hard time explaining time. 

I have realized that ori;gins do not lend themselves to methodilogical naturalism or empiricism. 

and material cannot have purpose unto itself or be reasonable or logical...  (philosophical argument)

I could also list bible verses for theists...

philosophical context 2 peter 2...

natural humankind can't understand spiritual things of God...  2 cor 2:14 

I cannot anymore accept natural evolutionists premise but we both have to use things such as reason, truth, logic, that don't materially exist...  when we talk.  Which aren't created by nature (matter - the natural). 

• Like 1

Welcome back, Rico.    LTNS.

I was going to respond by asking what happens when two objects collide.

Then I realized that what happens in that situation is due to energy.

Then I realized matter IS energy ......   E=mc^2

:think:

Thanks the response you gave and your quotes are helpful and cheerful.  glad its going good.   "Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."  (Sir Arthur Eddington)

• Like 1

Looked over some of his thesis.  He came up with a weird thing such as evolution from electricity and wasn't very helpful ; I think it was science and the unseen world

where I got the mind over matter idea was the  The Evolution of Man Scientifically Disprovedin 50 Arguments By REV. WILLIAM A. WILLIAMS, New Jersey, USA from 1925

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rico said:

where I got the mind over matter idea was the  The Evolution of Man Scientifically Disprovedin 50 Arguments By REV. WILLIAM A. WILLIAMS, New Jersey, USA from 1925

mind over matter.

sounds so . . . impossible.

check out the placebo effect for some solid science behind this impossibility.

• Like 1

The saying mind over matter has a different meaning than mind controls matter. I messed up.  Mind over matter, the saying implicates thinking imaginary or impossibly beyond physical possibility...  The context is:...  "Mind
controls matter; and not matter, mind"....;  under heading 15. EVOLUTION ATHEISTIC on page 72-73.  If logic and reason came from matter, say a chair, perhaps science would look very different.  Science also one definition means knowledge.