Evolution Fairytale Forum
dad

A New Look at the Fossil Record

I have recently read a book by John Hartnett where he discusses in great depth the idea quantization of redshift. At the time of his authoring this book (2007) he seemed to fairly strongly agree there is quantization. He also has presented the idea in his video from 2015. He makes a good point regarding the fact that we are near but not exactly at the center of the universe. If it were true that this is merely due to the fact that the universe is homogeneous and any observer would see the same thing anywhere else in the universe, then we should expect to appear EXACTLY at the center, rather than just near the center.

**I found that the centre of the concentric shells with Δz ≈ 0.027 does not coincide with our galaxy’s position in space but that the centre is about 26.86 h-1 Mpc or about 125 million light-years (assuming h = 0.72) from here. That is still a relatively small distance on the very large scale of the structure analyzed—billions of light-years in extent.

Near centre of massive super-structure of millions of galaxies

The evidence is in favour of this effect being due to real space structure because the spherical shells of periodic redshift are not centered on our galaxy. If it was a systematic effect due to observer bias, we would expect that the centre of the shells would coincide with the observer. Though this is still not conclusive, and more analysis is needed, we have evidence for a supermassive real space structure, possibly involving millions of galaxies, with our Milky Way located somewhere near, but not actually at, its centre.**

9 hours ago, what if said:

have you truly loved anybody?

if so, then you would know that you don't expect anything from the person you loved, you only want their happiness and to be around them.

so, with that in mind, what is it that god EXPECTS from me?

I don't agree with your premise. I loved my children AND I expected things from them. Same for my wife. "Unconditional love" doesn't exist...but of course it sounds nice. I suppose it depends on what you mean by love. It does not mean acceptance and reward. God loves everyone but that does not mean he will accept and reward everyone. God offered us unconditionally a plan of salvation which has conditions. We did nothing before he made that offer, so in that sense it is unconditionally offered. But the offer has conditions.

**where are we going to find that truth dave? from a group of people that has already made up their mind that there is a god or from a group of people that has already made up their mind there isn't? **

The only source of information about whether you have a soul and whether God has conditions and expectations is the Bible. You of course must examine the evidence for the Bible being the word of God. You should not just accept any person or group of people as your source authority. Yes of course, each person forms his own conclusion about what the Bible teaches, so in that sense there is subjectivity. But the source itself is objective. it might be similar to the US Constitution. What it says is objective. But courts form conclusions about how it is to be applied...and courts can make faulty (unconstitutional) decisions.

**this is one reason i cannot and will not take sides. another very important reason is i haven't found any conclusive evidence to push me to a particular side. i do not even have a PREPONDERANCE of evidence.**

I'm not sure that the standard should be 51%. It might be that you determine the odds are only 10% that the Bible will help you to have an eternal life. I would take those odds... until someone could show me better odds somewhere else. There are several arguments that can be made for why the Bible is most likely a divinely-inspired revelation. For me personally I don't base my opinion on a feeling that God has spoken to me in my heart. Some who profess faith in Christ use that kind of authority but I think that is very very fallible. 

On 7/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, indydave said:

Bob Enyart has a radio program which refutes the movie "The Principle", which appears to promote the idea of geocentrism which KB asserts. 

https://kgov.com/evidence-against-geocentrism

So i'm guessing that you Bob & Fred are saying that "We" can not understand the Bible and must believe like the Old Catholics and The Modern Jehovah Witnesses say "You Can't Understand You Bible The Way It Was Written" and "We Will Teach You"??

NO THANKS there "Fellas" Gods word is NOT CORRUPTED by MAN!!!

Image may contain: text that says 'They will call you crazy. They will gossip about you. They will say you're in a cult. They will despise you. They will say you're taking this too far. They will say you're taking the Scriptures out of context. But what they won't do is Prove You Wrong! Men Lie Women Lie BUT... Scriptures Don't Lie! | Stay Strong! 노'

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, indydave said:

Bob Enyart has a radio program which refutes the movie "The Principle", which appears to promote the idea of geocentrism which KB asserts. 

https://kgov.com/evidence-against-geocentrism

Funny .... you spend all that time chastizing me then YOU continue the discussion here.

It doesn't take much to refute a (precisely) geocentric universe for reasons you know all too well.   My 9th grade physical science students could do it

On 7/2/2020 at 5:23 PM, indydave said:

Pi, do you have an opinion about quantized redshifts? I would think this would be an argument you would welcome as you attempt to convert an atheist. It helps to establish that the Earth is at the center and as Goku has indicated, that could be quite persuasive...if true.

My reading on them has had mixed results.... some say they're real, some say they aren't.  My inclination is not to use them until they're fully established as real.  Again, I base my arguments for God on thermodynamics.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, piasan said:

IOW, the leading creationist scientific organization advises caution when addressing this matter.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, indydave said:

That's exactly what I said to Mike about 6 pages ago.

Yeah .... that happens sometimes when you catch up from newest --> oldest.   I still think it works better than catching up oldest --> newest.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, KillurBluff said:

We ALL know the difference between context, parable etc. But when The Biblical Narrative tells US something as a matter of FACT then guess what dave??

I BELIEVE and HAVE ALL MY FAITH in THE WORD (Jesus Christ)...

No you don't because you don't accept LITERALLY that the Earth has 4 corners.

BTW Job 31:26 says the moon WALKS. Do you believe that LITERALLY?

Also, Job 26:7 says that the Earth hangs on nothing. LITERAL?

The Earth has FOUNDATIONS which were FASTENED onto something (Job 38:6) and has a (LITERAL?) cornerstone. The very next verse is the one that you think shows that stars literally SING. The next verse speaks about the sea being shut up with doors. Does the sea have literal doors? If you deny that it does, does that mean that you are denying the word of God? Are there LITERAL storehouses or treasuries for snow and hail? (:22) Does Earth have LITERAL pillars (Job 9:6)? Heaven also has pillars (26:11) Did the sun LITERALLY beat Jonah on his head (4:8)? Is there a literal Tabernacle for the Sun (Ps. 19:4)?

2 hours ago, piasan said:

My reading on them has had mixed results.... some say they're real, some say they aren't.  My inclination is not to use them until they're fully established as real.  Again, I base my arguments for God on thermodynamics.

I would think that you should consider strongly the observation that we are not quite at the center. That makes it more likely that they are real structures and not just some artifact of the process.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, KillurBluff said:

So come on "Out Of The Closet Already" dave..

You need to also chastise you buddies Mike and BK. They are "still in the closet" too. They don't buy your crackpot theory that the sun revolves around the earth either!