Jump to content
Evolution Fairytale Forum

Recommended Posts

how many here remembers this game console?

the games came on credit card sized cartridges.

i ran across a turbografx emulator that runs on windows ten.

i also managed to find a bunch of the original games for it.

if anyone is interested in this then let me know and start uploading them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, what if said:

how many here remembers this game console?

the games came on credit card sized cartridges.

i ran across a turbografx emulator that runs on windows ten.

i also managed to find a bunch of the original games for it.

if anyone is interested in this then let me know and start uploading them.

Can you upload a pic bro??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, KillurBluff said:

Can you upload a pic bro??

 

i'll see what i got.

you can google ootake for more information about the emulator, but i suggest you get it directly from the authors website.

unfortunately the author is japanese and his website is also in japanese.

i have the original install files from the authors site.

googling turbografx16 will return info about the original console and game format.

you might have problems with finding the games though.

i happened to have downloaded most of them before they went offline.

here is a wiki page on the turbografx16:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGrafx-16

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, what if said:

i'll see what i got.

you can google ootake for more information about the emulator, but i suggest you get it directly from the authors website.

unfortunately the author is japanese and his website is also in japanese.

i have the original install files from the authors site.

googling turbografx16 will return info about the original console and game format.

you might have problems with finding the games though.

i happened to have downloaded most of them before they went offline.

here is a wiki page on the turbografx16:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGrafx-16

 

Gotcha, i don't have the console but i do have about 2 dozen cartridges for different games they are about the size of a credit card but thicker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh no, this isn't mean for the actual cartridges.

the emulator is a computer program and the cartridges are extracted into files with the .pce extension.

the emulator runs on your computer, of course you will need a gamepad that will work on your computer.

i have a 25 year old USB microsoft sidewinder 8 button gamepad.

what are the names of the cartridges you have?

i probably have the games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, what if said:

oh no, this isn't mean for the actual cartridges.

the emulator is a computer program and the cartridges are extracted into files with the .pce extension.

the emulator runs on your computer, of course you will need a gamepad that will work on your computer.

i have a 25 year old USB microsoft sidewinder 8 button gamepad.

what are the names of the cartridges you have?

i probably have the games.

 

LOL i really have NOT much of a clue i would have to dig em out of the Garage lol but for some reason i think i remember pac-man- and 1 actually caled turbo but the others i really do not know lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KillurBluff said:

LOL i really have NOT much of a clue i would have to dig em out of the Garage lol but for some reason i think i remember pac-man- and 1 actually caled turbo but the others i really do not know lol...

ok.

like i said, you can download the emulator from the authors site, if not then i have it.

i have at least a hundred games for it.

you'll need a windows compatible gampad, mine is an 8 button USB sidewinder.

i just checked my turbografx folder and i have 225 games, so i probably have what you are looking for.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Our Terms